Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts III

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 25, 2019

The third sequentially numbered title in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

The one thing a new KH board needs: A Worlds Topic

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By betterboulder

If you're on this board, it's probably safe to assume the KH3 announcement hit you like an invisible sledgehammer. I'm personally ecstatic and can't wait to hear more (hopefully before the PS5 comes out, Nomura). But there's always one topic that needs to be on a KH board and that's one where we postulate about what Disney (or Non-Disney) Worlds, characters and homages we'd like to see.

Personally, I think Pixar Worlds need their due. A Sora action figure in Andy's House (Toy Story), Sora, Donald, and Goofy in masks and capes (The Incredibles), Or a second under the sea experience at the Great Barrier Reef (Finding Nemo). Maybe Pixar hasn't been hitting homers recently but they've still got more hits than misses and I think skipping out on these worlds would be almost criminal.

Outside of Pixar, an obvious conclusion that I've been mulling over for a while was Game Central Station (Wreck-it Ralph). The meta humor pretty much writes itself. Does Ralph recognize Sora as a famous video game character? Will the Kingdom Hearts "game" be in danger of an unplugging at some point? Is there even a Kingdom Hearts "game"? That'd be pretty sweet.

Also just a toss out to SE, despite my dislike of the game itself, I'd actually love to see Lightning make some sort of appearance. Well probably see but this dual announcement makes me think Noctis will make an appearance too.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Sorry for the triple topic)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

I kind of want to see them visit more Final Fantasy worlds. Ivalice comes to mind.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

@believer258 said:

I kind of want to see them visit more Final Fantasy worlds. Ivalice comes to mind.

Alright. I wouldn't want to visit most of the FF worlds but if they actually went to Ivalice I might just buy it for that.

EDIT: Just as long as Vaan stays the fuck away.

PHenry1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PHenry1991

I think another World ends with you world would be fine. Less tron. Maybe...Brave? Brave might work. And another step into Pirates of the Caribbean.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'd like a more fleshed out Nightmare Before Christmas world. It was always my favorite Disney movie as a kid. And as far as FF goes, It'd be awesome to visit Zanarkand from FFX pre-Sin attack.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Disney's animated Robin Hood would be a good fit.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By damswedon

My problem with the Kingdom Hearts games, past the part in KH1 where you fight Maleficent, has been I think the lore created for Kingdom Hearts is terrible. Hopefully they use this to wipe all that junk away.

I'd also like to see them pull some more Square Enix stuff into the mix, maybe some of the Eidos stuff as well. Imagine a world where you team up with Rico from Just Cause and chase after some heartless in a Cars world.

Oh and the Captain Britain Corps would be nice.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Marvel World and Kane and Lynch World

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel

My problem with the Kingdom Hearts games, past the part in KH1 where you fight Maleficent, has been I think the lore created for Kingdom Hearts is terrible. Hopefully they use this to wipe all that junk away.

Not to turn this into another argument thread about KH lore, but if that's your hope, you're going to be disappointed.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By betterboulder

@damswedon: Rico grappling onto Mater would be a pretty astounding sight.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By damswedon

@hailinel said:

@damswedon said:

Not to turn this into another argument thread about KH lore, but if that's your hope, you're going to be disappointed.

Well it is also a Japanese Square game. So my hopes are more on the "will this actually ever exist" level at the moment.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Worlds I'd like to see:

WALL-E

Toy Story

Monsters Inc.

Up

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Only if it's War of the Lions Ivalice.

And only if TG Cid joins you as a helper.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Hunter5024

I feel like a lot of these worlds will end up being Pixar stuff, which is kind of a shame, I don't care about those in the same way as the others. Although it does feel kind of like they've gone through all of the regular animated Disney stuff that's worth going through. Also I agree that Ivalice could be cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.