Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts

Franchise »

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is a series of games conceived by fusing together popular elements of Final Fantasy story telling and classic Disney characters.

Any one else wish they'd just get the damn series done?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Before i say most any thing i don't like the series weither it be my personal opinion about plot holes...etc

but I've played them all, Chain of memories *gba, and ps2 remake* KH1, and KH2, Im waiting to pick up 358 days at rental to see if i wanna purchase it or pirate it.
    I wish they'd get the series done, I mean it will and could be a long series alot of people say they've visited quite a bit of disney property but they infact haven't. Being a person at the age of 27 that still watches disney films they have a huge amount of films, characters, and worlds they could still visit upon in the disney universe. 

But in the end i wish they'd just finish the series up, Its much like waiting for a new Final Fantasy, I dont remember waiting much more then 2-3 years for a new Final Fantasy *though i stopped liking that series at 7* we are waiting quite a while for the current final fantasy to even be released.

any one else wish they'd get around to just finishing this series up and giving us a resolution to all the things we've experienced along the ride?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I don't think they are going to finish the series anytime soon.  As long as the fans demand it, they will keep making it.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @JJOR64 said:
    " I don't think they are going to finish the series anytime soon.  As long as the fans demand it, they will keep making it. "
    yeah hell at this point im not even a fan and still demand more, but im one of those types that will start a series and will stay with it regardless of what it becomes.
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By bonbolapti

It's making them money. 
    So Squenix keeps letting Nomura jerk around. 
    And when Nomura jerks around, everybody swallows. 

you know? you know?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Karmum

I wish they'd just get around to announcing Kingdom Hearts III. I mean, honestly.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ

I wouldn't brag about piracy if I were you, but thats just me. 
    I havent gotten into the series yet, so I guess I can't really say. Probably won't be too long till I get a taste of it, seeing as how I own the PS2 games now. 

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Yukoei

No, its one of my favorite series of all time.

hamchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By hamchan

The story arc will Sora and co will have to finish someday but there is nothing stopping them from starting a new story with new characters. The series will only end when sales die and that won't happen for a long time.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @AgentJ said:
    " I wouldn't brag about piracy if I were you, but thats just me. I havent gotten into the series yet, so I guess I can't really say. Probably won't be too long till I get a taste of it, seeing as how I own the PS2 games now.  "
    I'm not bragging about piracy, I'm just mentioning it.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake

I've actually lost track of the series. With so many of them with awkward names it's sort of putting me off them. I've never played any in case anyone was wondering. I don't have a problem with it (well, maybe Disney) I just feel like there's isn't an incentive for me to play it.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " I've actually lost track of the series. With so many of them with awkward names it's sort of putting me off them. I've never played any in case anyone was wondering. I don't have a problem with it (well, maybe Disney) I just feel like there's an incentive for me to play it. "
    well you have Kingdom hearts 1, then chain of memories then kingdom hearts 2, and 358 days i believe is after 2, with the one psp game comming out to be between chain of memories and kingdom hearts 2 i believe.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho

All I want is a Gummi Ships XBLA thing, as for definitively concluding that clusterfuck nonesense story, they can take their time because it doesn't really make a difference.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @WilliamRLBaker: Are the story lines connected in some way?
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Axersia
    @eroticfishcake said:

" @WilliamRLBaker: Are the story lines connected in some way? "

Definitely. The Kingdom Hearts series probably has the most convoluted plothole-ridden retconned storyline in the entire video game industry (but that's what makes it so great!) and has become progressively more inaccessible with each installment. If you wanna get into Kingdom Hearts, you need to start with first game and play through them in the order they were released.

Also, WilliamRLBaker got the timeline wrong. Birth by Sleep is set 10 years prior to the original KH (but you still need to play it after all the other ones to get the most out of it). Chain of Memories starts the moment the original ends while KH2 is set a year after CoM. 358/2 Days is set concurrently to CoM for the first 5 hours or so of the game -- afterwards it fills in the missing year between CoM and KH2.
    Ossyaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ossyaris

My reason for keeping the series alive is the gameplay

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cornman89

I dunno. I bought the first one because I'm a FF fan and it just sounded too crazy not to be a part of. Now I find that the most exciting thing about a new KH is the sweet Yoko Shimomura music. The gameplay is fun in a basic sort of way, and Reaction Commands are nice (in any game, I'm a sucker for acrobatics), but it's becoming increasingly disheartening to see them take the story ever more seriously. Because it really is a mess. I always thought KH1 was a good balance between Disney-like whimsy and JRPG-like high melodrama, but every game thereafter tips the formula a nudge or two in the wrong direction. I'm still intrigued to see how they wrap it all up, but that would require that they, in fact, WRAP IT UP.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Axersia: ...

Shit. It's a lot more interwoven then I thought it would be. Since the franchise has a few years old I guess I'm a bit late to the party. It's going to be even harder now to start the series. Hmm. Thanks though, I might give it a shot once I can find a copy and the time to play it.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By Hailinel

Hey, as long as the KH games remain fun, I'll continue playing them.  I really enjoy them, as do several friends of mine.  I really don't see why Square Enix should be in a rush to end it.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Toxin066

get the series done? a little bit. What I wish more though, is that they'd hurry up and announce KH3. I'm not much a fan of the handheld titles they're currently releasing.

toadstule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By toadstule

I agree with Hailinel, the games are still very fun and there still a lot to explore in the story line.  Also, Birth by Sleep is looking amazing. Anybody else watch the TGS trailer that was just released?

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By MasturbatingBear
    @Ossyaris said:
    " My reason for keeping the series alive is the gameplay "
    nah.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.