Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts

Franchise »

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is a series of games conceived by fusing together popular elements of Final Fantasy story telling and classic Disney characters.

Hey Kingdom Hearts fans, Help me out.

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cub3

I want to state first off that I tried to play the 1st Kingdom Hearts, but after about 7 hours I was extremely frustrated and quit the game, I feel the jump was terrible and it really got on my nerves. However before you rage on me, I had bought both KH1 and 2. I was curious to know if it would be a worthwhile investment for me to throw Kingdom Hearts 2 in and give it a shot. Im not sure how it controls...if it would explain story from the previous game or anything like that though.. 

Conceptually I think Kingdom Hearts is awesome, and I really really want to get in the franchise, So, Any feedback would be great guys!

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zajtalan

yes kingdom hearts 2 controls alot better than 1 but its not a huge step forward but i hope you can enjoy it!

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

First 2 hours of KH2 = Hell. Slow and pointless.  

Once you get past that it's pretty good. 

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By azteris
    @Geno said:
    " First 2 hours of KH2 = Hell. Slow and pointless.   Once you get past that it's pretty good.  "
    It isn't hell. It is a boring grind, however. You definitely have to trudge through it.
    Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cub3

How is the story recap, Will I know everything I need to by playing the second or should I read up on a wiki or something first?

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By CountRockula

There is no recap, if I remember correctly.  The Kingdom Hearts games are as full of complex, abstract nonsense as any Final Fantasy, so I'd probably read up on the first one before diving into the second.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scarace360

play them there fun and KH2 has better controls.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By gla55jAw

Kingdom hearts 2 is incredibly easy. You won't have any problems with it. But it continues the story of 1st game. So I don't see how you would enjoy it if you don't beat the first one.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By gla55jAw
    @gla55jAw said:
    "Kingdom hearts 2 is incredibly easy. You won't have any problems with it. But it continues the story of 1st game. So I don't see how you would enjoy it if you don't beat the first one. "

And when I say incredibly easy, I'm comparing it to the first game.
    Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cub3

Well, its not that I think the first game is particularly difficult. I just find that the controls are garbage, an with so many games to play, I just get annoyed and quit. Alright though, Ill read a wiki or watch the cutscenes for the first one on youtube or something before I start it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JJOR64

You could be like my friend.  He really didn't like the first game, but he loved the second one.  I say give the second one a chance.  The game does start out slow, but it gets better after you finish up playing as Roxas.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

I think you should finish KH1, it's just nonsense to stop playing a game because you get stuck on one part. If that were the case, you couldn't play any game.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel
    @Cub3 said:
    " How is the story recap, Will I know everything I need to by playing the second or should I read up on a wiki or something first? "
    The game provides a little background in the form of a character-relation chart, but beyond that you're pretty much on you're own.  Making things more complex is the fact that in order to understand the story, you need to be familiar with the events of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts:  Chain of Memories.
    Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cub3
    @ADTR_ZERO said:

" I think you should finish KH1, it's just nonsense to stop playing a game because you get stuck on one part. If that were the case, you couldn't play any game. "

I just said I wasnt stuck. I said THE JUMPING CONTROLS ARE GARBAGE AND GOT ON MY NERVES.  
    Pay attention. 
    Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cub3
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Cub3 said:
    " How is the story recap, Will I know everything I need to by playing the second or should I read up on a wiki or something first? "
    The game provides a little background in the form of a character-relation chart, but beyond that you're pretty much on you're own.  Making things more complex is the fact that in order to understand the story, you need to be familiar with the events of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts:  Chain of Memories. "
    I've played through Chain of Memories for the GBA.
    Daouzin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Daouzin

I'm surprised that the controls of the first can be that much of a deal breaker. Personally I think the first KH is a better more organic experience then the second. I'd suggest giving the game a break of 1-3 days then just trying it again. I don't see you suddenly enjoying the second if you can't appreciate the first. If curiousity holds you, just go ahead and start the second, but you will be missing out on things for not playing the first. 

If you scroll below the Google Ad this site is a very awesome resource for everything Kingdom Hearts. If you can't play the first any longer and you really HAVE to play the second when you probably won't enjoy it, go here:  

http://www.kh-vids.net/index.php?page=archivev3

Catch up on the cinemas from the first game.

Just remember, games are supposed to be enjoyable experiences, if you're not having fun, then maybe Kingdom Hearts just isn't for you. That's OK.

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cub3
    @Daouzin said:
    " I'm surprised that the controls of the first can be that much of a deal breaker. Personally I think the first KH is a better more organic experience then the second. I'd suggest giving the game a break of 1-3 days then just trying it again. I don't see you suddenly enjoying the second if you can't appreciate the first. If curiousity holds you, just go ahead and start the second, but you will be missing out on things for not playing the first.   If you scroll below the Google Ad this site is a very awesome resource for everything Kingdom Hearts. If you can't play the first any long and you really HAVE to play the second when you probably won't enjoy it, go here:   http://www.kh-vids.net/index.php?page=archivev3  Catch up on the cinemas from the first game.  Just remember, games are supposed to be enjoyable experiences, if you're not having fun, then maybe Kingdom Hearts just isn't for you. That's OK. "
    The story and cameos make me really interested, yeah its just that core gameplay that is getting on my nerves. I dunno, But thanks, Ill keep that in mind.
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @Cub3 said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:

" I think you should finish KH1, it's just nonsense to stop playing a game because you get stuck on one part. If that were the case, you couldn't play any game. "

I just said I wasnt stuck. I said THE JUMPING CONTROLS ARE GARBAGE AND GOT ON MY NERVES.  Pay attention.  "

I thought "the jump" was a level...I haven't played the game in a while. But if you can't get used to one button yet than that's a pretty big issue, for all games.
    Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cub3
    @ADTR_ZERO said:

" @Cub3 said:

" @ADTR_ZERO said:

I just said I wasnt stuck. I said THE JUMPING CONTROLS ARE GARBAGE AND GOT ON MY NERVES.  Pay attention.  "
    I thought "the jump" was a level...I haven't played the game in a while. But if you can't get used to one button yet than that's a pretty big issue, for all games. "
      Basically I can't stand how Sora move's during the jump. It's not that im bad at games, and the jump is certainly functional. I could very much continue through that game with things how they are, It's just how it feels in that particular title really irks me for some reason. Certainly not a deal breaker for most people, but in that game, that one mechanic is annoying enough to me to just give me a crazy headache. 
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @Cub3 said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:

" @Cub3 said:

" @ADTR_ZERO said:

I thought "the jump" was a level...I haven't played the game in a while. But if you can't get used to one button yet than that's a pretty big issue, for all games. "
      Basically I can't stand how Sora move's during the jump. It's not that im bad at games, and the jump is certainly functional. I could very much continue through that game with things how they are, It's just how it feels in that particular title really irks me for some reason. Certainly not a deal breaker for most people, but in that game, that one mechanic is annoying enough to me to just give me a crazy headache.  "

What do you mean by how he moves?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.