Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hearts-1-5-2-5-Coming-to-Playstation-4-6558

With this release and the upcoming 2.8 all of the Kingdom Hearts games will finally be avaliable on one console.

Release dates: March 9th in Japan, March 28th in North America, and March 31st 2017 in Europe

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#2 alistercat  Online

I'm glad I waited since I've never played Kingdom Hearts before. Might as well play the best version on a console I actually want to play. My PS3 feels ancient now.

or would PS2 still be the best? I never know with HD updates.

Epidehl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Epidehl

*sigh* I'm gonna buy all these for a third time aren't I? Oh well, it's still one of my favorite game series of all time and I'm all for playing them again.

Though with 2.8, FFXII HD, Persona 5, and a new Tales game coming out early next year, it's gonna be a pretty dense time for JRPGs.

@alistercat: The HD versions are based on the Final Mix versions which originally only came out in Japan, so they're worth it for that alone. They also run fine as far at I remember. Definitely the best versions (plus getting just the story bits and not the bad gameplay of the DS games, and the re-make of the GBA game)

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Glad I held off on buying the PS3 versions. Thanks Square for giving me a reason to get a PS4.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By TepidShark

I probably will end up getting it but really hope it has a way to transfer saves.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By odinsmana

@alistercat said:

I'm glad I waited since I've never played Kingdom Hearts before. Might as well play the best version on a console I actually want to play. My PS3 feels ancient now.

The HD versions run well and have the added content from the final mix versions, so there is not really any reason to play the ps2 versions anymore.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

YES YES YES YES!!!!

Best news I've heard in a while, was desperately hoping they'd do this. Was actually going to buy a PS3 to play the collections.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm probably gonna end up buying this as well. Got 1.5 for the PS3 but never played through 2, either the HD or PS2 versions. Might as well try and finish these games off.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is totally what I was hoping would happen, so I'm quite happy! Looking forward to catching all the games I missed.

Darknorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What, no randomly generated string of nouns added to the title? No, "Purple Winter Star Dignity Rising 2.5"?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

What, no randomly generated string of nouns added to the title? No, "Purple Winter Star Dignity Rising 2.5"?

I think literally calling it "Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX" is pretty dumb and good.

Epidehl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknorth said:

I think literally calling it "Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX" is pretty dumb and good.

People talking about Kingdom Hearts 3 when really this is Kingdom Hearts 4 if you think about it.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll finally play these, though I'll kind of miss being able to look at this franchise from the outside, and having no context for some of the E3 trailers I'd catch. It all seems so crazy, I almost don't want any of it explained.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For as fragmented as the series became with all the different releases on different platforms I appreciate that Square at least decided to do this. Probably a bit too late for the young me that was super into Kingdom Hearts, but KH1/2 are always good nostalgia trips.

Lego_My_Eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nice that they put them both together since i never picked up the HD remake of 2, so ill probably pick it up down the line when its cheap just for that and get a "freebie" of the first. But they really need to stop with the crazy names and numbers stuff, had to look up what this 2.8 nonsense was and why its not included with 2.5.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played or even knew much about KH besides "Final Fantasy + Disney", but I started watching an LP of the first game recently* and was surprised by how into it I am as somebody who gives no fucks about a Final Fantasy, and is a casual Disney fan at best. So, yeah, this is awesome timing.

*And I only started that LP because I had finished an LP of that Nightmare Before Christmas PS2 game, and wanted to see more video game representations of those characters... so yeah, I barely even acknowledged the existence of KH before now.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally don't need to buy these again. Totally going to buy them again and claim it's for accessibility reasons.

But I will not watch that shitty Coded "movie" again. Never again.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, they seriously f'd up the PS4 remaster of the PS3 remaster of the PS2 game FFX, and it took them 4 months to fix it. But barring that trainwreck repeating itself, these should be the definitive versions of the series as they run at 60fps, when KH normally runs at 30fps. Same goes for KH3D which comes with 2.8.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whelp...I'm in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

The last proper non spin-off non remake Kingdom Hearts game came out 12 years ago. Will Kingdom Hearts 3 be released before the 15th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts 2?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I'll probably be picking these up.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great to hear. I wanted to play these games on the PS4 and now it will happen.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.