Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts

Franchise »

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is a series of games conceived by fusing together popular elements of Final Fantasy story telling and classic Disney characters.

Kingdom hearts 3 is set perfect now.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

Now that lucas films is owned by disney. The next kingdom hearts is ready to use STAR WARS as a new world to visit. Imagine Goofy and captain America( another Disney owned work) throwing their shields at Darthvader who is using force lightning on Indianna Jones. And Sora is doing some contextual combo with wolverine. And then Donald starts making out with tron, and Jack Sparrow pick pockets tron.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Kingdom Hearts was the first thing I thought of when I read about the Lucus Films acquisition. It has the potential now to get really fucking weird.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Still better than Attack of the Clones.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scrawnto

I don't know if the world is ready for Donald on Tron action, but that could be pretty neat. I do wonder what the licensing structure is for that franchise. There are so many individual properties involved, you just know it gets complicated, even though it's all under Disney. There's no way SquareEnix has carte blanche to use Disney properties however they want.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By D_Bones

Wow I hadn't thought about KH in regards to the acquisition...which makes me sad that it has been so long since console Kingdom Hearts. :(

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Benny

Kingdom Hearts has never used anything other than original disney characters. Sorry to burst your bubble.

@Scrawnto said:

I don't know if the world is ready for Donald on Tron action, but that could be pretty neat. I do wonder what the licensing structure is for that franchise. There are so many individual properties involved, you just know it gets complicated, even though it's all under Disney. There's no way SquareEnix has carte blanche to use Disney properties however they want.

What do you mean by not ready for Donald on Tron action?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By gaminghooligan

Goofy vs Jar Jar

Let the battle begin....

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By project343

Can we just remove the 'Kingdom Hearts' part from this discussion? Star Wars vs. The Avengers would make things a lot more compelling without the Square-rejects.

*puts on his running shoes and sprints out of the thread*

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Silvergun

Forget Star Wars, this means we could have Indiana Jones in a KH game. That means we could have Donald Duck beating up Nazis.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Benny said:

Kingdom Hearts has never used anything other than original disney characters. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Then what about that Nightmare before Christmas level?

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Benny

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Benny said:

Then what about that Nightmare before Christmas level?

It's Disney, Tim Burton created it when he still worked there and then they joined forces to make the movie together a few years after they fired him.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scrawnto

@Benny said:

@Scrawnto said:

What do you mean by not ready for Donald on Tron action?

I mean it would be a little weird for him to fool around behind Daisy's back with a computer program. A little out of character for a Disney character.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Benny

@Scrawnto: It wasn't that weird in Kingdom Hearts 2, he even got his own Tron outfit.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scrawnto

@Benny: I don't know if you missed something or I did, but I was referring specifically to this:

@super2j said:

And then Donald starts making out with tron

Tron is not just the name of the movie. It's also the name of a particular character.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SlightConfuse

can we let them get versus 13 out the door first

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PokeIkzai

I thought about this possibility, too. There seems to be a sizable Japanese fanbase for Star Wars but maybe I'm wrong. I'm more excited about the possibility of Disney maybe finally doing something with Monkey Island. (Tales was good but not as good as I think it should have been.)

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Dagbiker

Your right, along with the Day of the Tentacle world and the Monkey Island World (which would inevitably have some kind of clash with the Pirates of the Caribbean world )

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Benny

@Scrawnto: Riiiight, I didn't see that and assumed you hadn't seen the Tron level in KH2, carry on!

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By super2j

All i know is that games like these are stuff of dreams. I don't know what kind of relationship Disney has with Squenix but i have the feeling they are not getting as much freedom to pick and choose as they would want. Maybe that explains the need to dip further into the amazing jrpg plot line. "hearts of hearts.....RIKUUUU...."

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By kindgineer

Disney has been getting behind some pretty neat titles lately, so I could see Kingdom Hearts finally gathering my interest with some Lucas Film's IPs. Now if only they would make a westernized movie that emphasized on the good parts of Kingdom Hearts with all the extended universes...

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By super2j

@ck1nd said:

Disney has been getting behind some pretty neat titles lately, so I could see Kingdom Hearts finally gathering my interest with some Lucas Film's IPs. Now if only they would make a westernized movie that emphasized on the good parts of Kingdom Hearts with all the extended universes...

ooooo. Disney would make the shit out of a kingdom hearts movie. It would be an amazing pixar movie. I mean the story is already there. Little boy on scenic island, gets lost in the world. Meets plucky Goofy and Donald. Learns of the world around him and has small wacky adventures with Donald & Goofy. large fight with enemy, goofy/donald find out where the king is, Sora finds out that his friends were kidnapped (simplifying the story). They have a difference of opinion. Sora goes it alone to final climax, then is joined by Donald/goofy. Beat Xehnort, who talks of seeing Kingdom heart as his main objective.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Doctorchimp

Who cares? They aren't gonna make it anytime soon and when they do I'll be surprised if they don't make it an iPhone game.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NegativeCero

I would rather see Marvel characters show up. Or, you know, actual news on KH3.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Chip and Dale are Chewbacca's parents. Just throwing that out there folks.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By envane

SORA .. I AM YOUR FATHER

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By super2j

@I_Stay_Puft said:

Chip and Dale are Chewbacca's parents. Just throwing that out there folks.

which one is the the female? They both wear male oriented clothing and both hit on Gadget.

@envane said:

SORA .. I AM YOUR FATHER

"NO...It's not possible! because our hearts are not hearty enough to be connected by light and I love you Riku darkness..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.