Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts

Franchise »

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is a series of games conceived by fusing together popular elements of Final Fantasy story telling and classic Disney characters.

Kingdom Hearts. What worlds do you want in the next game, and why?

impure_world

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

^ What the title of the thread says.

What Disney world, or Final Fantasy world you want in the next Kingdom Hearts game, and why?

What other worlds your think would be bad for the next game?

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ericjasonwade

Well considering that Disney now owns Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel, Lucas Arts, etc. since the last Kingdom Hearts games I am hoping they can fit something from those universes in there. Those may be too high profile now and the licensing for Square might be an issue since I am sure dealing with Disney at all is probably a licensing nightmare. I'm probably leaning more towards the Pixar option because seeing some Toy Story, Monsters Inc., or Finding Nemo worlds would be badass.

But other than that I am hoping to see most of the basic stuff they have already done from all the classic Disney movies but in a more bombastic fashion. I wouldn't even mind seeing some retreading of some of the worlds they have already done if it made sense in the lore to do so (although I don't know what the hell is going on anyways). I don't know if you remember that Steamboat Willie level in KH2 but if they did a couple worlds like that old animation alla Snow White or something in that vein that would be interesting. Seeing some of the footage they have already shown though they are using a lot of the rides as moves from the parks and I hope there isn't too big an emphasis on that stuff because that is less interesting to me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

Coincidentally, I just started playing two again on the remaster. Anyways, I don't know. I just find it in good timing for this to go up. Unfortunately, they said that there won't be any Square worlds in it; they're still sticking with Disney. While I don't expect it, I can see them do Star Wars, as that deals with the dark side and what have you. This series turned me off once they kept putting out new games on handheld systems, which I just didn't care to play, so it was only the first two when I was younger that I was really into. Still, I'm not as into it as I was, but at least I am finally playing the games I didn't (or in the collections case, watching a couple). I think it was in 07 or 08 when I went back to two, and I couldn't get into it because of the writing. Now, although I am not that into the dialogue, I still think the voice work is really good for the most part, which kind of makes up for it.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: For some reason I didn't like KH2 as much as the first and I didn't play any of the ancillary products at all so I can't say much about them. I think I didn't like the second as much because the fights didn't seem as dynamic. I remember in the first one you would be walking into an area and a bunch of enemies would spawn and that would be it, but in two you would walk into an area and it would turn into almost an arena where it would reload the area and tell you how many enemies you had to defeat before you'd continue exploring. A lot of stopping in the action I guess is what I am trying to say, more like a square JRPG and I always thought they had it right the first time around. Still a great game but I hold KH1 much higher up.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ntm: For some reason I didn't like KH2 as much as the first and I didn't play any of the ancillary products at all so I can't say much about them. I think I didn't like the second as much because the fights didn't seem as dynamic. I remember in the first one you would be walking into an area and a bunch of enemies would spawn and that would be it, but in two you would walk into an area and it would turn into almost an arena where it would reload the area and tell you how many enemies you had to defeat before you'd continue exploring. A lot of stopping in the action I guess is what I am trying to say, more like a square JRPG and I always thought they had it right the first time around. Still a great game but I hold KH1 much higher up.

I actually feel the same way. I liked/loved pretty much everything about the original KH. I was so excited for the sequel, but besides some real standout worlds and moments (I loved Space Paranoids) I think it just wasn't as good overall as the first game. I know that I may have just psyched myself way too much for the game, but I remember feeling a little let down as I finished it.

For worlds I want to see, I think Pixar stuff would be really fun, specifically something like Toy Story where you could have Sora look like a toy and the oversized room would be a cool gimmick, although the Alice in Wonderland stuff already played with size and scope. Either that or the Incredibles, maybe.

Star Wars would be the coolest thing, probably, but I doubt they get to do it. But a lightsaber keyblade would be fly as heck. We can dream, right?

With more classical Disney stuff, a world based on Robin Hood, Mary Poppins (hey there's a remake in the works, so get people hyped for it) and even Frozen would be good to add in there. I have a strong sense of nostalgia for Robin Hood, it's one of my favorite Disney movies, so seeing that world and those characters realized would be fun.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly, I just hope they find a way to fix those huge open areas that feel completely lifeless (that 3DS one for example). That early gameplay trailer makes it look like they're doubling down on that issue as opposed to fixing it, though. Even all these years later, they're doing huge marketplaces where festivals are meant to be taking place (Hunchback world), and seemingly only 3 or 4 residents in the entire world.

My favourite Disney movies are Treasure Planet and The Emperor's New Groove, neither of which have appeared in the series so I'd be down for that. Especially if they could bring in the humour for Emperor's, because this series has been sorely lacking on that front since they got all "Organization XIII" and "Hearts = Data" on us.

(seriously that obsession with "data" and "computers" that started in KH2 is complete trash, even if we did get a cool Tron world out of it)

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A Dangerous Minds world with "Gangsta's Paradise" as the theme music. It was distributed by Buena Vista so Michelle Pfeiffer Coolio is technically a Disney Princess.

I know it's a long shot along with a The Sixth Sense world, but as someone who fell off after KH2, a former fan can dream.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I'm going to just read the posts. This series still survives even though fans just keep saying "I am just waiting for part 3" 11 years ago. actually, I do find fascinating how people who consider themselves fan enough to get tattoos of Kingdom Hears..... won't play the 3DS or PSP games. It's a weird mess.

I actually hope that Square gets help from the Disney Interactive to help them finish the game, the combat by Ninja Theory in Infinity 3.0 was actually really great.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

@jadegl: @ericjasonwade: I loved the first, and loved two the same when I played through it on release; it was just when I played it again two or three years later, I played for about an hour and decided it just wasn't for me already at that point. I got the remasters; I think it was earlier this year (or late last year) that I went through the first again, and more than a few hours into RE: Chain of Memories. I don't like Chain of Memories card-based combat gameplay, so I didn't go back to it. Instead, I just read up on the story. Just yesterday I watched 358/2 Days, and I enjoyed it fine. Going back to the first game, it was good, but not as good as the initial time I did so, as I had pretty fond memories, and it didn't really live up to that. Now, I am finally coming back the games because I have nothing else to play really. I'm about five hours into two, and I am really enjoying it, and I like that I watched 358/2 Days. It makes it so I know more about the characters present in two, though it also means characters in the game know less than I know, which isn't too much of an issue though. Also, when I said I'm not into the dialogue, to be clear, I think a lot of it is good, but I am not a big fan of some of the more cringe worthy writing, when it's overly sentimental about destiny, or friendship (which tends to be in a lot of JRPG's). To be honest, as I play through two again, it's getting me pretty excited for three. I don't really remember the little details of the games, so to some extent, it feels fresh.

archnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Yea I have both of the remasters as well and I keep meaning to go back but those are huge games that take up so much time. I may get into them once the release date gets closer. Like Jade said though I think, at the time, that I amped myself up so much for KH2 only for it to disappoint so maybe going back to it after maturing a little more I may enjoy it more than I did then. I just felt like it really leaned into the "J" in the JRPG and I have never been the biggest fan of those oddly enough. It's just that arena/random encounter system just didn't feel right to me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ericjasonwade: I'm not sure what to say about that, because to me, they're actually very similar in how the battles come about (actually, they feel very similar in general, I just find that two improves on aspects)... I was 15 when two came out, so I was pretty young then. This is really the first time since then that I've played two. As for putting time into it, though I agree that they take enough time that it's hard to want to just jump in, and I also just about waited again, closer to the third games release, but really, compare it to many other RPG's now, and it's not long at all. KH isn't even 100 hours long; more like 30 to 60, which if you're interested enough in, you can complete them in little time. That said, I understand not wanting to get into them currently if you have other titles to play.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Whitestripes09

Probably too late of a release, but I would love Zootopia just because I think exploring more of that world would be really awesome and it is probably one of my favorite disney movies to come out in awhile. I wouldn't even mind if the city was reduced in typical KH size and it ended up being a world where Sora and the gang have to shape shift. Would absolutely love it if they had a Treasure Planet world too just because I feel like we don't get to see that movie represented enough. That would be sooo great.

I know a lot of people want to see Avengers and Star Wars, but after experiencing the awfulness that was Pirates of the Carribean in KH2, I never want a live action movie to be in a KH game again. The clash in character design was awful and even though textures look better now, having a realistic world with cartoony colorful main characters running around made me want to puke. Plus the gimmick for that world was awful where you could only damage some enemies if they were in moon light.

The better looking and more fun worlds in KH for me typically tend to be the ones that are the most stylized artistically. I think that's why Halloween Town tends to be my favorite in these games because it has good art direction and it feels like the enemy design was thought out to be fun to fight against and also look interesting, even though it was small.

Bobbyman0330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bobbyman0330

I would love to see Treasure Planet and Jungle Book! We already know that Jungle book was going to be in KH1 and KH:BBS, so why not add it in 3? Treasure planet is a really good disney movie, and it is not that well known by most so it could bring attention to the movie, and also who wouldn't want to be on a ship in space?!?!?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.