Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts

Franchise »

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is a series of games conceived by fusing together popular elements of Final Fantasy story telling and classic Disney characters.

Question about final mix versions

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By zidd

I'm thinking about picking up Kingdom Hearts and playing it for the first time. Does the final mix version provide any meaningful content over the versions that were released over here? Is it worth my time and money to get my hands on final mix versions of these games?

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Djratchet

Not really. The extra battles and stuff they add you can just look up on youtube if interested. Nothing worth importing.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Djratchet said:

Not really. The extra battles and stuff they add you can just look up on youtube if interested. Nothing worth importing.

This, mostly. Combat isn't exactly the highlight of the first few games so the extra battles aren't really worth it. However, if you take a liking to the story or universe as a whole it's worth watching the new scenes added to KH2 final mix on youtube as they offer a lot of interesting tidbits.  

On a last note you should probably buy Chain of Memories on GBA or PS2 if you plan to play the second game. Otherwise you will probably have no idea what is going on.
    Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Djratchet

@Zenaxzd said:

On a last note you should probably buy Chain of Memories on GBA or PS2 if you plan to play the second game. Otherwise you will probably have no idea what is going on.

Definitely do this. I am so glad I played CoM before going into 2, they aren't too good on bringing you up to speed if you skip it.

DarkAlpine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DarkAlpine

Honestly, I recommend you check out sources online for much of the story you missed. They release stuff outside of the games as well (Fanmania I think) that has content as well. Easiest way to get caught up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.