Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Casually BUSTED PS3 playthru failure

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By morrelloman

So I just got done with about 8 hours of this game and had to stop, forever. I was enjoying the different weapons and combat choices as well as the inventory management. I chose to play on casual and main line the story. About 8 hours into my playthru I had some Jank beyond repore and wanted to get some feedback. Esentially my game would start going into the quick select potion menu constantly. I thought it was my controller, so I switched. This was ineffective and during combat sequeneces the game would constantly pause or go into the menu, or quick use all my healing potions I had mapped to the D-pad. This would be followed by a hard lock. I couldn't take it. I was enjoying my time with the world and building my character, but I had to stop instantly. Do you think both my PS3 controllers are busted? Even if that is the case why was the game freezing? Has anyone else had this problem? I am super disappointed in the way it all played out. Thanks for any feedback.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

I just finished the 360 version (96 hours) and I did not experience such an issue. Granted I did get a variety of other issues, like my A button not being responsive sometimes until I loaded into a new area and intense slowdown during cutscenes.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

I would say post it on their official forums. Try your luck there.

@Enigma777 said:

I just finished the 360 version (96 hours) and I did not experience such an issue. Granted I did get a variety of other issues, like my A button not being responsive sometimes until I loaded into a new area and intense slowdown during cutscenes.

Which path did you take. I am only about 2 hours into it and I am tempted in creating a pure magic user.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Enigma777

@mordukai: I went Might/Magic, but one of the great things about the game is that you can reset your character as much as you want with no penalties. One thing to note is that if you want the top tier of abilities, you'll have to focus on that area exclusively since you wont have the 70 points otherwise ( I only got up to 63/57 in my build at level 40).

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai

@Enigma777: Noted. Thanks for the advice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.