Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Love the game but have a question and a list of pros and cons

darkx150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkx150

Ok well i recently brought this game and i love it so far just wondering is it best to go pure cause i realized when playing round with the skill calc its quite limited on how many skills you have

Ok now to my list of pros and cons feel free to share ur opinion or correct me and also if u wish to add more feel free to do so.

Good:

-Large variety of armors and weapons to collect throughout the game

-The fate shift feature adds a little more of a unique combat system (this falls under the good and bad category which i will explain later)

-Action based combat system makes the game more interesting

-Many skills to learn but quite hard to make a hybrid or jack of all trades build (this falls under the good and bad category)

-Many quests to keep u hooked and also DLC content to add that little bit extra to the game despite having to pay for the DLC but it can be worth it

Bad:

-No dark side or good side like in fable or mass effect where u conversations had a effect on your character. Would be also good if it effected your fate shift feature so u get some different animations .

-No Mount system to make it easier to travel can get quite boring having to travel for ages on foot till u find some place and then it finally gets easier cause u can fast travel which can be quite helpful.

-Level cap seems quite low but im guessing there's a reason behind that hopefully sometime they will released a patch or dlc that will increase the level cap and add more quests.

-Kinda lame there's a end game cause i hate getting so stuck into a game then it ends. Would be great if they made a game like this but multiplayer im sure there will be tonnes of people who would play it.

-Doesn't seem to be much in the way of ranged weapons and the skill tree seems lacking in range weapon skillz to make the ranged weapons worth using.

Well thats all i can think of atm feel free to give feedback positive or negative bye for now

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spoonman671
    @darkx150 said:

-Kinda lame there's a end game cause i hate getting so stuck into a game then it ends. Would be great if they made a game like this but multiplayer im sure there will be tonnes of people who would play it.

You know there's going to be an Amalur MMO right?
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Daveyo520

You guys should all buy 30 copies. Our state needs the money back.

darkx150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darkx150

@Spoonman671 said:

@darkx150 said:

You know there's going to be an Amalur MMO right?

Oh really that would be epic but prob gona be a while before they actually release it but im so gona play it when it comes out this game is like a mixture of fable and skyrim which are two of my fave games just would be good if they took the dark and light side from fable as well i could see it fitting into this game quite well with the fate shifts and they dialog options but oh well this game is great enough as it is

darkx150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darkx150

@Daveyo520 said:

You guys should all buy 30 copies. Our state needs the money back.

Lol i would help yah state out but my money is slim enough as it is

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ptc

@darkx150 said:

I'm still playing, and enjoying. Do you mean here that once you finish the main quest the game ends? I'd always assumed I could clean up some of my side-quests/factions quests once I'm done with the main quest... Boy, I sure hope not.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HarlechQuinn

@ptc: Nope, the game doesn't end when you've finished the main quest line. You can clean up all your missing sidequests afterwards.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By me3639

I also like the game a lot. Im 80 hrs / 100 quests in and still have not crossed into the last 2 areas. My pros and cons:
    Pros:
    Combat
    Easy and cheap to respec character
    Main, side, and guild stories, quests are good
    ZERO bugs. I dont even think a patch has been released, thats pretty impressive. 
    World is gorgeous
    Crafting is rewarding  
    Weapons and armor 
    Love the stealth and reckoning kill animations
    Cons:
    The variety of enemies in the world is lacking
    No meaningful consequences or choices. A Fable, or ME system in place would have really raised this game to the next level.
    Difficulty needs to be raised. It would make potions and alchemy more meaningful.
    Loot has not been rewarding 
    Cant find matching gear, EVER. Adding a color palette as an option when crafting is a must. Im running around with a red helmet and gloves, green chest plate and pants, and Brown boots. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.