No XBL or second-hand purchase? The missions you can't play.

• 71 results
Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Storms

Not a problem for me since I'm on PSN and have this baby pre-ordered. But if you need the pay version of XBL to download them or you get the game second-hand (or rental), it looks like there are missions you won't be able to do. 

EA has managed to keep this quiet but when a reviewer received his copy today he got a little unfriendly surprise. Kingdoms of Amalur will indeed use an online pass even though it is a single player game. The online pass includes seven single player missions and the bonus Mass Effect 3 DLC

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

The game looks like shit, so no great loss there.  It's good to know
that they don't want the Used Gamer. Saves my free time for better
games.  Thanks EA.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By musubi

So you lose seven quests. No big deal. That kind of content really isn't something to get your panties in a wad about. REALLY looking forward to the game however.

MrBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrBelmont

In my opinion people need to stop being cheap asses. BF3 got terrible reviews, which is fine if people think its a bad game, but 99% of the reviews just complained about online passes. If everyone rented games and no one bought them, then game companies would go out of business. If youre going to pay 15 dollars a month to play unlimited games, dont complain that you have to pay 10 bucks to get a pass that people got with their game they payed 60 dollars for. Still sounds like a good deal to me.

Either way, I buy games so I dont have to worry about this.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By spazmaster666

Not a surprise at all, especially if you've played Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age 2.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iamjohn

Not that I'm going to defend the shitty, shitty, SUPER FUCKING SHITTY tactic of online passes for single-player games (or online passes in general), but your thread title and OP are misleading, dude. Yes, you need an Xbox Live account to redeem the online pass on 360, just like you need a PSN account to redeem the online pass on PS3. That doesn't mean you need to be a gold member, though; that would be equivalent to Sony demanding that you be a PS+ member to redeem the online pass.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SteamPunkJin

@Storms said:

Not a problem for me since I'm on PSN and have this baby pre-ordered. But if you need the pay version of XBL to download them or you get the game second-hand (or rental), it looks like there are missions you won't be able to do.

EA has managed to keep this quiet but when a reviewer received his copy today he got a little unfriendly surprise. Kingdoms of Amalur will indeed use an online pass even though it is a single player game. The online pass includes seven single player missions and the bonus Mass Effect 3 DLC

How does being on PSN make you immune from this? You're still going to have to put in a one-time code to get the content.

You don't need a subscription for Xbox Live to buy content. So it's basically the same, you need an internet connection and to buy the game new to get the content.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Storms
@MrBelmont: I agree that it's not a big deal -- I just consider it a harmless incentive to buy rather than rent. A little bonus for buying but not something that you're going to miss much if you rent or buy used. Nevertheless, noteworthy for a lot of people. 60+ dollars is a pretty big investment for most of us.

I'd prefer devs go the Skyrim route and just make a game so massive that the idea of getting through it in a rental period is a bad joke.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jimbo

They should have made it the Mercenary Bastards faction, for lolz.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@MrBelmont said:

In my opinion people need to stop being cheap asses. BF3 got terrible reviews, which is fine if people think its a bad game, but 99% of the reviews just complained about online passes. If everyone rented games and no one bought them, then game companies would go out of business. If youre going to pay 15 dollars a month to play unlimited games, dont complain that you have to pay 10 bucks to get a pass that people got with their game they payed 60 dollars for. Still sounds like a good deal to me.

Well the issue then is resale value.  Nobody will buy it
if you want to sell it later, assuming the Game Developer
never lets others get the code for free.  However, I think
they would probably let you buy the online pass later on
if you buy the game used.  And they will probably never
offer a discount on that online bullshit either, except on
Steam.

Here's something to worry about: if people aren't enticed
by any good deals & think the price is too high, they won't
buy it anyway.  It'd be bad for business if they didn't offer
deals because people would just say fuck it & walk away.
That's what I do with online passes/programs.  I only pay
in full for games that I'm passionate about & there aren't that 
many.  If they want any money at all on some shit game
later on, then they better have a far lower price offering. 
Otherwise, to hell with it. Saves me time & money.
Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperWristBands

This thread is useless. An EA game has an online pass? No way!

Also:

@iAmJohn said:

your thread title and OP are misleading, dude. Yes, you need an Xbox Live account to redeem the online pass on 360, just like you need a PSN account to redeem the online pass on PS3. That doesn't mean you need to be a gold member, though; that would be equivalent to Sony demanding that you be a PS+ member to redeem the online pass.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dallas_Raines

http://www.gamingexaminer.com/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-studio-defends-online-pass-for-dlc-quest/12908/

Last week we reported that Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, will require an online pass to unlock special single-player quests for the game. Today, Chairman of 38 Studios, Curt Schilling defended the company’s decision to include the pass.

The particular quest at the center of this argument is named the ‘House of Valor’ and Schilling says it will be free to download, for anyone that buys the game new. It also will be available on the first day of launch. If you do not buy the game new, you will have to buy the DLC quest separately.

Schilling said the House of Valor quest content is actually a day-one, downloadable content extra, that’s free to everyone who purchases the game new. If you buy the game used, you’ll have to pay for it. Shilling states:

DAY 1 DLC, to be extremely and VIVIDLY clear, is FREE, 100% totally FREE, to anyone that buys a new copy of Reckoning, ANYONE.

If you don’t buy new games you buy them used, and in that case you will have to pay for the Day 1 free DLC content the new copy buyers got for free.

It’s clear the intent right? To promote early adopters and MUCH MORE IMPORTANT TO ME, REWARD fans and gamers who commit to us with their time and money when it benefits the company.

Every single person on the planet could wait and not buy Reckoning, the game would hit the bargain bin at some point and you could get it cheaper. 38 Studios would likely go away.

That’s just how business works. We MUST make a profit to become what we want to become. THE ONLY way we do that is to make games you CANNOT WAIT TO BUY! If we do that, and you do that, we want to reward you with some cool free stuff as a thank you.

ick_bop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ick_bop

@Lind_L_Taylor:

Who the fuck would want a used game buyer, anyway? They don't make one iota of money from your purchase. That's why I totally support DLC online passes.(Hey, you payed $50 instead of $60 by buying it used at fucking Gamestop, now you can use that extra $10 and buy some DLC to actually support the game.)

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By napalm

It's probably similar to the Rage sewer content. You probably won't be missing much. There's not much of a reason for this topic beside faux outrage.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By captain_clayman

@Lind_L_Taylor said:

The game looks like shit, so no great loss there. It's good to know that they don't want the Used Gamer. Saves my free time for better games. Thanks EA.

of course they don't want the used gamer. they don't make a cent off people who buy used! (which is why they invented the online pass in the first place.)

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By tourgen

the super-shady thing about online passes with single player games is that in the future, when xbox live and psn go down permanently, you won't be able to play those sections of the games. Or possibly even load a save that has in the past played online-pass or DLC content. like Fallout 3's system for example. Fallout 3 requires online validation checks to load a save that has previously been played with DLC active.

So you have a situation where people are being "sold" copies of a game and are being told it's a sale, just like if you buy a book or movie (examples of 2 other forms of copyrighted content). But it's not. Because the technology of the medium allows for it publishers are building in mechanisms to take away value after the sale is final. To make matters worse there is all kinds of confusion and misinformation about these specific limits for each title around the time of release. What's the DRM? What online checks are going to happen? What about if I buy DLC?

Publishers aren't even willing to tell us up front what they are selling or what the terms are. And people wonder why games get pirated.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#17  Edited By beard_of_zeus
@Napalm said:

It's probably similar to the Rage sewer content. You probably won't be missing much. There's not much of a reason for this topic beside faux outrage.

I'm guessing that's the case. As much as I hate online passes, this is most likely just an iota of the content available in the game, and they're framing it as a free day 1 DLC anyways. I don't think the game will feel anywhere near incomplete without it (which is the opposite of the Catwoman stuff, for me, at least).

The devs have been working on this game for years now, and development costs are expensive in this day and age, so I get that they want the game to sell well so they can keep existing and making more games. I guess really, my only opposition to the online passes trend at this point is from a "looking into the future" perspective. I hate the idea that in 10-20 years, there will be a bunch of games that will be essentially fragmented because the infrastructure that is in place to authenticate things like online passes will be dead and gone, most likely.
spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spartanlolz92

im sorry guys but you gotta get use to the idea of online passes unless one if you is willing to take it to court why complain?

ick_bop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ick_bop

Huh, seems strange to me that the most vocal complainers are also PC gamers connected to steam. Yeah, have fun selling that copy, or installing without being connected to the internet.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Seppli

@tourgen said:

the super-shady thing about online passes with single player games is that in the future, when xbox live and psn go down permanently, you won't be able to play those sections of the games. Or possibly even load a save that has in the past played online-pass or DLC content. like Fallout 3's system for example. Fallout 3 requires online validation checks to load a save that has previously been played with DLC active.

So you have a situation where people are being "sold" copies of a game and are being told it's a sale, just like if you buy a book or movie (examples of 2 other forms of copyrighted content). But it's not. Because the technology of the medium allows for it publishers are building in mechanisms to take away value after the sale is final. To make matters worse there is all kinds of confusion and misinformation about these specific limits for each title around the time of release. What's the DRM? What online checks are going to happen? What about if I buy DLC?

Publishers aren't even willing to tell us up front what they are selling or what the terms are. And people wonder why games get pirated.

By the time such a thing does happen, that stuff's going to be 'Abandon Ware' anyways.

I'm all for consoles implementing online activation as DRM. I want publishers, their investors and the developers to get my money. Sorry middlemen, I valued your services greatly, but it's high time for digital distribution to take the lead now. Adapt or die.

Games get pirated because some people elect to spend their money elsewhere, rather than on the games they play. I hate them for it, because I want the industry to keep on progressing and flourishing. Because I always want more games. Bigger games. That are more badass. A lot of manhours and money make that happen.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Storms
@SteamPunkJin @iAmJohn

@Storms said:
 But if you need the pay version of XBL to download them 
After my 3rd 360 failed, I swore to never get another one. And I never went online with those first three, because I hate online gaming. The only thing that eventually made me connect with my PS3 was Netflix. 

So as you can imagine, I am not familiar with the details of XBL Gold and Silver. All I know is that I've often heard people raging that they can't access the functions of the game they bought because they don't have a gold account.  So I said IF you need Gold to download this and you don't have Gold, this would be bad news.

Not my fault if you skimmed my OP and wrongly concluded that I was being misleading. 

@SuperWristBands: The only thing that's useless is your "contribution" to it. Everyone else who commented at least expressed something beyond their disapproval of the thread's existence. 

The use of the thread is information that could affect a purchasing decision. Many people like to be informed consumers -- such people would like to know that if they wait until the game is 55 dollars but they still want the extra content, they're actually not saving money.
masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By masternater27

It sucks for people that don't have their console hooked up to the internet though. I know that seems like a small portion of people, but you'd be shocked how many people come into my work that don't have online access at home yet have consoles.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SuperWristBands
@Storms: Your blue name and your misunderstanding of how xbox live works and "Not a problem for me since I'm on PSN" makes you sound like a Sony troll.

You're right though. The information, if presented in a proper manner, could be a purchasing decision for someone. I was wrong to dismiss the information. I was not wrong to dismiss you.
Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Storms
@SuperWristBands: Uhh... Ouch? Preferred consoles are a touchy subject for some people, huh? This thread never had anything to do with PS3 vs. 360 and there was never any reason to get huffy as if you were being personally attacked by my statement of: IF 'A' THEN 'B'.  I would have been more specific in the title, too, if I had more space.

I said that this POSSIBLE issue would not affect me, if it indeed was an issue. You could have just said "you don't need a gold account to redeem online passes" but instead you react like I kicked your dog. Settle down.
Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Storms
@Napalm said: 

Actually, the last thing I want is outrage -- especially false outrage. I think this is going to be a fantastic game and I want everyone on Earth to buy it so that more fantastic games are made.  I also explicitly said that, far from being outraged, I don't think it's a big deal -- free bonus content.

The point, as I said, is for frugal gamers to be informed. Once they are informed, it's out of my hands. If anything, this information encourages people to buy the game and get the content. 

Also, I shied way from playing Rage after some crushing reviews so I don't know the extent of the "sewer content" but I believe the first quest in this series is included in the demo and it was my favorite quest therein. The one with the Grave Thresh and the SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FritzDude

It's an EA thing in games, and are also used by more and more publishers. Buy the game new - get "free DLC" (or that's what they like to say). Buy the game used - Loose extra content or pay more. Don't like it? well, that's business for you. Also XBL is free, and the gold subscription (that basically enables multiplayer to your games) will not lock people out to pay or download content from the marketplace. Also that business model will be on every platform the game is on, not just Xbox. So if people don't have internet on their platform of choice, they won't get the DLC. Usually these types of DLC are not substantial and usually doesn't affect the overall game or understanding of the story, so it's not "that" bad.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Storms
@FritzDude: Thank you for addressing my uncertainty of just what one needs XBLG for and what one doesn't in a polite fashion.
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SuperWristBands
@Storms: I don't see it as a personal attack because I don't feel any console is inferior to another. It's that you don't understand how something works which could get people who don't know better riled up (fortunately that didn't happen) and then we have a problem.

@Storms said:
You could have just said "you don't need a gold account to redeem online passes"

I did that.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By project343

Pre-purchased on Steam--WITH TF2 hats--so I'm laughing. I get quests and hats. :P

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Storms
@project343 said:

Pre-purchased on Steam--WITH TF2 hats--so I'm laughing. I get quests and hats. :P

I often laugh when I get hats =D
tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By tourgen

@Seppli said:

@tourgen said:

By the time such a thing does happen, that stuff's going to be 'Abandon Ware' anyways.

I'm all for consoles implementing online activation as DRM. I want publishers, their investors and the developers to get my money. Sorry middlemen, I valued your services greatly, but it's high time for digital distribution to take the lead now. Adapt or die.

Games get pirated because some people elect to spend their money elsewhere, rather than on the games they play. I hate them for it, because I want the industry to keep on progressing and flourishing. Because I always want more games. Bigger games. That are more badass. A lot of manhours and money make that happen.

Is Halo abondonware then? I disagree with you first point and I think Microsoft and EA server shutdown timelines back me up.

Anyway I'm fine with non-transferable licenses too. I use Steam. That wasn't my point. My point is that publishers are not being honest about the deal they are offering and are using consumer expectations and misinformation to mislead people about the nature of the transaction.

I don't know for sure what makes people pirate games or if they would even buy games at any price other than free. I do know that if a customer can't even figure what they are buying or what the terms of the agreement are something is wrong. I have heard more than one person say, "F*** this, I'm never buying another game." Both from pure frustration over trying to use what they just paid $60 for.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By sins_of_mosin
@captain_clayman said:

@Lind_L_Taylor said:

The game looks like shit, so no great loss there. It's good to know that they don't want the Used Gamer. Saves my free time for better games. Thanks EA.

of course they don't want the used gamer. they don't make a cent off people who buy used! (which is why they invented the online pass in the first place.)

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Blah blah blah I'm poor and sad blah blah blah sensationalism.

Grow up.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Storms
@Rolyatkcinmai: Who are you even talking to?
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Storms said:
Are you really surprised by this from EA? Look at Origin. 
Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Storms
@The_Laughing_Man said:
@Storms said:
I'm not suprised, shocked, mad, sad, upset, ambivalent, melancholy, vibrant or zielschmerzatic. I am a little moledratic. And I may have a cold coming on.

Why does everyone assume I was doing anything other than reporting a fact of personal economic interest? I'm telling you, 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Storms said:
@The_Laughing_Man said:
@Storms said:
I'm not suprised, shocked, mad, sad, upset, ambivalent, melancholy, vibrant or zielschmerzatic. I am a little moledratic. And I may have a cold coming on.

Your something cause you made the thread. This kinda stuff comes up with every game that does it. With Rage it lasted maybe..2 hours then that was it. 
Sgykah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sgykah

Read an argument about this today on Penny-Arcade that I agree with. If you're not pirating games, you're giving your money to someone; Gamestop for a used game, another developer for a different game so that you can trade, Gamefly for a rental, or the actual people who made the game you're enjoying. In the end, money is exchanging hands.

Developers have realized, in this competition for your money, they have to convince you in more than just one way. There are positive ways to approach this: unique content for people who buy the game (sometimes done sneakily, think of free upgrades to "X Edition" if you pre-order in advance), or a game that has a compelling multiplayer that would require more than one person own the game. And then there are not so positive ways to approach this: I'm most familiary with what Ubisoft did last week -- stick 160 or so gamer points on a ten dollar map pack with three recycled maps from AC:B and three unique new maps (no thanks, getting a 100% on a game I like isn't enough incentive when I could use the same amount of money for a much better purchase -- Limbo anyone?).

It's my feeling that having a unique code that activates your product and lets you use additional content is one of the more positive approaches for two very simple reasons: if you love the game, you have a heavy incentive to pay the people that developed the game; if you don't think you'll love the game, you can still enjoy what the developer considers core to the game. There are counter arguments that I feel are valid (some more so than others, I'll deal with the silliest one first).

I know that you're not in actuality paying the people that develop the game, you're paying people that package, advertise, and sell the game. But in reality, these people also bank-rolled the game, and will be more likely to bank-roll future ventures from said developer if the game does well. Done with the silly counter-argument.

The real counterargument is how access to these materials is handled. I feel that video gaming on consoles has been handled well. My gamer tag is tied to the things I have purchased and I will continue to have access to these things as long as I'm on my console, and if I get a new console, MS has given me a simple way of transferring ownership. On compuers, the straight forward argument does not work because computer gamers, to put it simply, "kinda messed up." If the myth I heard long ago is true, Doom was installed on more computers than Windows 3.1 (a significant number of these installations had the full game without having paid for it). This is the underlying problem: it is far easier to pirate a computer game than it is to pirate a console game. Thus, computer gamers are punished. This is unfair for the current generation of computer games, and people have responded to this by not purchasing computer games from certain publishers due to the Draconian DRM; however, this method is doomed to fail with the worst publishers because as it is, computers are a much smaller segment of sales from many cross-platform games. In other words, people abused computer game developers for so long that they decided they needed a different way of making money, they made games for a weaker (but unified and restricted) platform and can now figure out a model that ensures they make money.

TL;DR version -- This method is fair and works if you want to support a developer for doing a good job on consoles. If you're gaming on a PC, stick to MMOs, that's the only model that will continue to earn developers money on that platform given current production costs for any game and the abismal PC sales for anything other than an MMO.

P.S. If my argument is accurate, then I should make a prediction. Here it is. Witcher 2 sales on the XBOX 360 will dwarf its sales on the PC, and in response Red Project's next game will be multiplatform.

Sgykah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sgykah

@Storms said:

@SuperWristBands: Uhh... Ouch? Preferred consoles are a touchy subject for some people, huh? This thread never had anything to do with PS3 vs. 360 and there was never any reason to get huffy as if you were being personally attacked by my statement of: IF 'A' THEN 'B'. I would have been more specific in the title, too, if I had more space. I said that this POSSIBLE issue would not affect me, if it indeed was an issue. You could have just said "you don't need a gold account to redeem online passes" but instead you react like I kicked your dog. Settle down.

@Storms said:

@SteamPunkJin: @iAmJohn:

@Storms said:
But if you need the pay version of XBL to download them
After my 3rd 360 failed, I swore to never get another one. And I never went online with those first three, because I hate online gaming. The only thing that eventually made me connect with my PS3 was Netflix.

So as you can imagine, I am not familiar with the details of XBL Gold and Silver. All I know is that I've often heard people raging that they can't access the functions of the game they bought because they don't have a gold account. So I said IF you need Gold to download this and you don't have Gold, this would be bad news.

Not my fault if you skimmed my OP and wrongly concluded that I was being misleading.

@SuperWristBands: The only thing that's useless is your "contribution" to it. Everyone else who commented at least expressed something beyond their disapproval of the thread's existence. The use of the thread is information that could affect a purchasing decision. Many people like to be informed consumers -- such people would like to know that if they wait until the game is 55 dollars but they still want the extra content, they're actually not saving money.

I wish I could highlight in your comment when you start an entire post with "after my 3rd 360..." You're being a douche when you say "This thread never had anything to do with PS3 vs. 360." Don't be a douche.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Storms
@The_Laughing_Man said:
@Storms said:
@The_Laughing_Man said:
@Storms said:

Your something cause you made the thread. This kinda stuff comes up with every game that does it. With Rage it lasted maybe..2 hours then that was it. 
I am something because I made this thread -- helpful to my fellow gamers because I objectively spread relevant information.
Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

I can live with this, I still think the game looks good. As long as this is bonus content and won't affect the story, I don't see the big deal.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@sins_of_mosin said:
@captain_clayman said:

@Lind_L_Taylor said:

Well if it's a shit game, which I think it is (looks like Shrek meets D&D/Gary Gygax..blechh),
hardly anybody will play it.  A game developer wants people to play their games, but 
if I feel the game is crap (& it is), I'm not going to pay full price.  Used will be the only 
route.  Make mine Used (not pre-owned). :)
kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kindgineer

@MrBelmont said:

Pretty much. If I go buy a used game, it is usually in the $10-$20 range and I don't care if I have to pluck down another $10 to play the extra content.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Storms
@Sgykah: Just explaining why I don't know the specifics of XBL Gold in response to getting trashed for not knowing the specifics of XBL (because people were looking to be offended at any slight real or imagined). This thread never was about 360 vs. PS3. Touchy fanboys made it that. 

I gave a summary of why I haven't touched an XBOX in years and never been online on one. Get over it.
Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Storms

Oh, whatever. I'll never convince some people that I was simply passing along information -- with the caveat that it may or may NOT specifically apply to a particular system -- that I was not in fact attacking their beloved console, which I later revealed I do not have any love for. Not responding to any more of those paranoid posts. Go ahead and think I'm a douche, a jerk and a Satanic Nazi.

xerxes8933a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xerxes8933a

Wait, you need an Online pass to get the Mass Effect 3 tie-ins? Well, there goes the only reason this game was on my gamefly queue.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Storms
@Xerxes8933A: I don't think so. They mean Mass Effect themed items in Amalur, aifinkso.
Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#48  Edited By Enigmatical

@Demoskinos: From what I've been reading on their forums, they couldn't finish a developer speed run of all the content in less than 200 hours. Even if that is padding the numbers, that is a TON of game. No way a single quest series is going to damage anybody's experience.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CaptainCody

I respect Curt's defense on it at least. I feel like I should have screencapped Branthog's post earlier this week where he tore into this subject quite well. Now where's that thread..

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By Marz

i'm buying PC version so dunno how i feel about that.. if they are not essential to the story then i wouldn't care much but if it is then i'd probably bitch about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.