Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Question about Didenhil (extremely minor spoilers)

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Deusoma

Furrowing my brow about something I've run into. Got to Didenhil, and when I took the quests to go get the plague cure and kill all the giants in the cave, I asked the dude about "Thaddeus", someone I'd never seen or heard of, and he mentioned that this Thaddeus had the blood plague but was refusing to take the time to rest. Later, when I got back from the quests, I asked the guy again and this time he said Thaddeus had died of exhaustion since he didn't rest. 

So I loaded an earlier game, which was significantly "earlier-er" than I would like, and ran over there to see if I could convince the guy to take it easy or something, but there doesn't seem to be an option for that, and I can't seem to find the 'brother' that the questgiver mentioned who'd been trying to get Thaddeus to rest. 

So, since all the FAQs that are out at this point are incomplete/crappy, I thought I'd just ask, is there actually a way to prevent this Thaddeus Holn guy from dying, or should I just load my more recent game and continue where I was?

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By shaunk

I was having the same "problem" too. I don't know if its preventable.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Fuck Thaddeus. Get bitches.

Brakkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Brakkis

You can save Thaddeus. First, complete the quest at the Healer's Cottage to give her Plagueshields. This will cure his sister. Then talk to his brother, who is either in their house or out on the docks fishing. After this, go talk to Thaddeus and you'll get a persuasion chat option to have him go rest.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By yevinorion

When I did this quest I had already done the Plagueshield quest, but hadn't spoken to anyone else. I had my Persuasion up to, I wanna say around 6 or so, and I got a Persuasion option on that last guy. I passed it and he just disappeared in a puff of smoke. Totally had me thinking when I turned in the quest it would branch into some other shit, but nothing...quest giver was like, "Ok great! Thanks!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.