Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Should I finish this game?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

I don't think I'm even half way through it, due to constantly being distracted by the lengthy side missions, but the last time I played it was probably more than half a year ago, maybe even close to a year. I remember kind of enjoying it, but I wasn't using a controller before. Now I use my PS3 controller to play stuff on the PC. Should I bother finishing this game? A lot of people seemed down on it in today's TNT chat.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@aegon: If you're really in the mood to play an RPG or something, yeah, go for it. I think it's style of combat is generally better suited to a controller, so that's a plus.

But if you already set it down for that long, that's probably telling of your overall enthusiasm for seeing the rest of the world. Like Vinny (and possibly yourself), I fall into this hole of wanting to finish most games I start unless they are really not fun at all, but you don't always have to. Sometimes you've seen enough of the game to be satisfied with.

Just based off the fact that you walked away from it for so long, you're probably better off letting it go, and playing some other game you own that you're interested in starting. Unless you're in high school/don't have a job, and don't have many other games you haven't finished at the moment. But I kinda assume that nearly everyone on these forums has a fairly shameful backlog they could always dive into.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I enjoyed it, do the factions but skip the side stuff (pick up the quests and if they get done they get done but don't focus on them) the game gets better the further in you get.

There are a lot of different combat options, if things are getting stale respec to another skill tree and try something new.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

@aegon: Try again. Just ignore all side quests. If you see a side quest, tell it, "No means no." and just move on by. And then finish that dang game!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

When it came out, I remember Jeff's suggestion being "Do all of the faction stuff and the main quest, and not much of the side stuff." He also seemed to be of the opinion that it's a good thirty hour game but not for much more than that.

I've played some of it and I definitely plan to go back to it pretty soon (though I have no clue where I was so I'll probably restart it). What I played was fun enough.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

If you're having fun, go ahead. Personally, it bored the shit out of me and I quit after a couple hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.