Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

The Headsman (bug).

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Tennmuerti

Looking for help/fix for a pretty serious bug I've enountered in Reckoning. Did a google search already and while a few people seem to be having the same issue, there isn't any other info.

When you get to The Midden area in the last third of the game, there is a Fae in front of a small camp of questgivers named "The Headsman" and as you get closer an NPC guard initiates a fight with him. He does not fight back the guard. If you don't talk to him before the guard strikes him both of them will be stuck in a perpatual battle loop, and can't be talked to or hit (even with the NPC kill flag set). If you manage to talk to him before the guard strikes him he asks you to fight him (as if he killed the guard) and turns hostile, if you then hit him The Headsman will trap you in a perpetual loop, asking you to take the first hit, constantly reinitiating conversation before you can get away. Breaking the game.

All the questgivers also refuse to talk to you because they're scared of him. Making their quests also unavailable if you avoid engaging the Headsman. Joy. It seems the NPC guard is supposed to die to the Headsman (from the dialogue) and then the Headsman would try to engage you. But since the Headsman refuses to strike the guard everything breaks and they are both invulnurable. Basically I'm unable to take the quests in the area because of this, or get stuck in a perpetual looping forced dialogue.

Since we are on topic of bugged quests anyway. Has anyone had a problem with the signboard quest to wipe out the 3 families in the rocky/desert area? I did 2 out of three but ther quest to wipe out the Cynrics seems bugged, I cleared the cave it points me to like the others, yet there is no1 left to kill inside.

l0thar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By l0thar

I just had a similar issue, though not exactly. This is for the 360 version, in case that makes a difference. When I reached the camp the Headsman and the guard were just standing there. Neither attacked the other. I initiated a conversation with the Headsman and we began fighting, but after I did enough damage to kill him he turned neutral again and just kept telling me that he had marked me for his next duel and that I was supposed to take the first shot. I was then unable to attack him at all. The way I was finally able to resolve this was to initiate the fight, then just run up the hill from the camp. After moving just about to bend in the path the guard ran up and started fighting the Headsman. The Headsman killed the guard and then I was able to beat him and get the next part of the quest to trigger.

I didn't have any issues with the Apotyre family mine quests. Those all completed just fine for me. I did have one where I thought I had killed everyone, but there was a wolf that was part of the family apparently. What happens in Apotyre stays in Apotyre!

Blinzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blinzi

Same Problem with the "The Headsman".

But the Quest with the Cynrics works perfecly well.

It's a bit tricky though. There is the Mine with these guys, u have to walk through that. At the end is this little shed where u have to go at some time for a quest. There is this little path in this mine with a dead end. Go there, u see some purple crystals, u can do nothing. If u go back some Cynric guys should spawn. These are the last of the quest.

Eurkos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eurkos

It was my experience that the bug happened if I talked to and fought the Headsman before he fights the guard that's standing near him. When you talk to him and he says "Another mortal approaches while this one's blood isn't even dry" (or something similar), he's supposed to be talking about that guard. He's supposed to be fighting the guard when you approach the camp, but for some reason this only happens if you approach from the front of the camp (from the top of the hill that it's on, with the Headsman between you and the quest givers). If you approach from the back (reaching the quest givers before the Headsman), which seems easy to do if you start the House of Sorrow quest line before you get here, then you need to go through the camp without talking to ANYONE, go up the hill and around the bend, and then turn around and come back. Wait for the Headsman to finish killing the guard, and then go talk to him. This worked for me.

Unfortunately, if you did fight him before he killed the guard and then saved, there's nothing you can do about it except load a previous save from before you talked to him.

alonweiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alonweiss

Basically Eurkos is correct. What I have to add is that it all depends where you approach the Headsman. If you approach him from the north you will trigger the fight before you get close enough to him for a conversation to begin. If you approach from the south you will trigger the conversation before the fight which causes him to bug.

Avatar image for illusivehood420
    Illusivehood420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just had the headsman bug on 360, luckily although annoying I always save in a new slot so I just loaded a previous save lost about two hours of play but went back to headsman approached from bottom of hill walked all the way up the hill through all the npc's thought I was still screwed because the headsman and the guard still weren't fighting, but I kept walking past them and headed on up the hill keeping an eye on them and when I got to a certain point the guard finally attacked, I think it was a trigger point where you were intended to approach from and got bugged if you didn't go that route

JokerGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my case the headsman draw his faeblades but he dosent fight back and is walking back to avoid the guard.so he dosent kill the guard

What about this?any solution?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.