Which Is Your Favorite King's Quest In The Series?

Posted by Psykhophear (1182 posts) 2 years, 5 days ago

Poll: Which Is Your Favorite King's Quest In The Series? (12 votes)

King's Quest: Quest For The Crown (1983) 8%
King's Quest II: Romancing The Throne (1985) 8%
King's Quest III: To Heir Is Human (1986) 8%
King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella (1988) 8%
King's Quest V: Absence Makes The Heart Go Yonder! (1990) 8%
King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (1992) 42%
King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride (1994) 17%
King's Quest: Mask of Eternity (1998) 0%
"...yes, a reboot is on its way..."

My favourite is King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow. I adore this game so very much! It's got everything that makes a game a masterpiece: a compelling story, memorable characters, magical soundtrack, gorgeous graphics and fantastic replay value. I can play KQ6 again and again and again!

While waiting for the upcoming reboot, I highly recommend getting the King's Quest Collection on Steam or GOG, and then download this patch to make the games run better; like updating the DOS version of KQ1 to SCI, the addition of the enhanced/Windows version of KQ6 with HiRes character portraits and GUI, and more.

#1 Posted by Psykhophear (1182 posts) -

ERROR: I'm not sure why this post is in the Fire Flower forum. I chose the King's Quest (Franchise) twice and it won't work. Any ideas how to fix this?

Avatar image for thatonedudenick
#2 Posted by ThatOneDudeNick (1460 posts) -

I haven't played all of them, but Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow is that one that stands out in my head.

#3 Posted by Sinusoidal (3398 posts) -

I've played the first one and V. The first one was an amazing piece of computer wizardry when it happened. V sucks balls.

#4 Posted by Psykhophear (1182 posts) -

Honestly, KQ6 is the only game I ever played in the series. I did try 5 and 7 but never got far; the art style and UI in 7 threw me off big time. I plan to play ALL King's Quest games in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.