Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Knights in the Nightmare

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 25, 2008

Knights in the Nightmare is a turn-based strategy RPG / bullet hell hybrid developed by Sting Entertainment.

Who preorders for the bonus? Check out his bonus from Atlus.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    (from gaming union)

How awesome is this?  Where do I sign up?
    How awesome is this? Where do I sign up?

Atlus has revealed more information about the pre-order bonus for their upcoming Nintendo DS game, Knights in the Nightmare, as well as new screenshots of the game in action.

The 96-page full-color artbook will include the works of designers and illustrators Shinichi Ito, Satoko Kiyuduki, Yoshinori Iwanaga, and Sunaho Tobe. A preview of the artbook can be found here. A soundtrack CD will feature 38 tracks from composer Shigeki Hayashi, including a extra track that is included only in this collection. Both of these bonuses will not be available after the initial shipments of the game are exhausted.

The new screenshots from Atlus show more of the frentic battles that were talked about 
    in our previous article, as well as the item upgrading system. We also see a new option that allows the player to select a map to replay again for more items, etc. A turn result screen is also present, which awards the player experience and items depending on how they perform in battle.

I am not one who generally pre-orders games, as they are nearly always cheaper through promotions on release, but these extras packs are always tempting.  I remember getting the Zelda Winda Waker for the bonus disc - totally worth it.

So what bonus packs were your favourites and are you going to get this one?
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

Actually I stopped pre-ordering games because I found the complete opposite. I cant remember the amount of times I pre-ordered a game only to find that I could have got it cheaper somewhere else but was locked into buying it somewhere else. Now I only pre-order a game if it does come with some pretty sweet loot for pre-orders only. The last thing I pre-ordered was Mad World to get the soundtrack with the game. That stuff you posted there looks pretty cool but I dont I would pre-order though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only pre-order when there's a particularly tempting bonus, so I don't pre-order often. Atlus has been giving away some pretty cool stuff, though.

The only bonuses I can remember getting are Nuts and Bolts' and Wind Waker's. Those were pretty good.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

Atlus Spoils are the best preorder bonuses in the whoooole woooooorld.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldschool
    Jayge said:
    "Atlus Spoils are the best preorder bonuses in the whoooole woooooorld."
    Can't argue wiith that :-)

c1337us said:
    "Actually I stopped pre-ordering games because I found the complete opposite. I cant remember the amount of times I pre-ordered a game only to find that I could have got it cheaper somewhere else but was locked into buying it somewhere else. Now I only pre-order a game if it does come with some pretty sweet loot for pre-orders only. The last thing I pre-ordered was Mad World to get the soundtrack with the game. That stuff you posted there looks pretty cool but I dont I would pre-order though. "
    That was my point as well.  I for the life of me can not understand pre-ordering an ordinary every day game.  I just check the store catalogues and buy the cheapest and if they are out of stock, I just get a raincheck.  Plus, most stores will price match.
    JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#6  Edited By JackiJinx

That, my friend, is why I went and preordered this little sucker:

Deluxe Box for Devil Summonerer 2.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By c1337us

^ That looks awesome.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By RHCPfan24

Atlus is amazing at pre-order bonuses. Both of the ones here look sweet.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool

That Devil Summoner 2 one is indeed sweet.  Super sweet.  We hardly ever get decent stuff on PAL in my country.  Frotunately the DS is region free :-)

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Red

The only game I ever pre-ordered was LittleBigPlanet. I only pre-order games if I am absolutely positive that I will love the game, not if I'll get some swag.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PureRok

I may preorder that just for the book and then sell the game. I don't own a DS, and if I did I wouldn't want the game since I don't like... whatever sub-genre that is.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By AgentJ

I'll be preordering Knights for sure

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
    PureRok said:
    "I may preorder that just for the book and then sell the game. I don't own a DS, and if I did I wouldn't want the game since I don't like... whatever sub-genre that is."
    SRPG supposedly (yay, my favourite).

Gameplay

Battles take place in real time on an isometric grid. The wisp, controlled via the touchscreen, moves around and is how the player gives orders to allied units. When the wisp comes into contact with a unit that can act, an item can be selected, and the attack must be aimed by moving around the wisp. However, the wisp will be under constant enemy fire. The player must guide the wisp to dodge the shots as well as order the allied units to attack.

However, despite having a timer, time is only deducted for charging attacks and when the player's wisp takes damage. Thus the player has "unlimited" time to plan strategies and in this manner resembles other strategy role-playing games.

Permadeath exists as characters have a vitality stat which decreases when they use skills and other special circumstances. Vitality is replenished through leveling up, Transoul System, and other special circumstances.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By c1337us
    oldschool said:
    "That Devil Summoner 2 one is indeed sweet.  Super sweet.  We hardly ever get decent stuff on PAL in my country.  Frotunately the DS is region free :-)"
    Yep. Pre-order bonuses generally suck ass here. EB has a tendency just to give you a tin case for Sony releases its insulting, and even the clerk admitted there RE5 on was shit house to me when I was talking to him went I went in for Mad World. The one recent obvious exception was The House of the Dead Overkill Bang Bang Box. That was awesome.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
    c1337us said:
    "oldschool said:
    "That Devil Summoner 2 one is indeed sweet.  Super sweet.  We hardly ever get decent stuff on PAL in my country.  Frotunately the DS is region free :-)"
    Yep. Pre-order bonuses generally suck ass here. EB has a tendency just to give you a tin case for Sony releases its insulting, and even the clerk admitted there RE5 on was shit house to me when I was talking to him went I went in for Mad World. The one recent obvious exception was The House of the Dead Overkill Bang Bang Box. That was awesome. "
    That is what happens with a country of 21 million at the bottom of the planet - all alone :-(  Sorry New Zealand, you get it even worse.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scooper
    JackiJinx said:
    "That, my friend, is why I went and preordered this little sucker:

"
    Is Jack Frost moonlighting as a devil summoner!?!??!?
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Nasar7
    Jayge_ said:
    Atlus Spoils are the best preorder bonuses in the whoooole woooooorld.
    RHCPfan24 said:
    Atlus is amazing at pre-order bonuses. Both of the ones here look sweet.
    Consensus reached: Atlus is the shit.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldschool
    Nasar7 said:
    Jayge_ said: Atlus Spoils are the best preorder bonuses in the whoooole woooooorld. RHCPfan24 said: Atlus is amazing at pre-order ... [more]
    And it is something that others need to emulate - for the good of all of us  :-)
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By lord_canti

ive pre orderd every game  that i want with a pre order bonus but I NEVER GET IT every time i ask the shop thats doing it be it game or gamestation they always go " we havent got them in yet" or "i dont think we will get it evan tho its advertised all over the shop"  the current disapointment is a limited edition  comic of arkham asilum  and i will never get it

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Linkyshinks

That's awesome Jacki.

BR4DL3I9H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By BR4DL3I9H

I never pre-order a game from a physical retailers; if i pre-order a game it is usually online and limited to beta codes as 'bonuses', even if i am really not that bothered about the 'bonuses'. Atlus always seem to have really amazing pre-order gifts though.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Axersia

Nah, I never pre-order games just for the bonuses. I really don't care about artbooks and incomplete soundtracks (now if they're complete soundtracks I might be interested...), and whenever there are bonuses I do care about the deal is Amazon-only (well, in the case of Atlus games anyway) and I won't be able to get it because I live in Europe. I really wanted that Persona 4 swag bag with the Teddie plushie and the T-shirt and whatever other crap they threw in there, but alas...

SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23  Edited By SenatorSpacer

That looks pretty cool.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By Icemael

I never preorders for bonuses, because here in Europe we don't get preorder bonuses(well, there may be rare cases where we do, but...).

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By toowalrus

I pre-ordered Wind Waker for the Master Quest game disc, sure. I'd never pre-order for concept art and a soundtrack to a Japanese DS game though...

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By subject2change

Did it for Mirror's Edge for the Runners Bag; which I ended up keeping after I returned Mirror's Edge. Those aren't really pre-order bonuses from Atlus; just First printing extras. You can get those even if you don't pre-order just need to buy it before they sell out of the original shipment. I do it more often then not; planning on Ghostbusters and Prototype pre-orders. Shirt and Figure = Win.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldschool
    TooWalrus said:
    I pre-ordered Wind Waker for the Master Quest game disc, sure. I'd never pre-order for concept art and a soundtrack ... [more]
    That bonus disc is about the only thing I ever remember getting.  Ordering nline sometimes has a horrible shipping cost consequence.

My Persona 4 came with a bonus soundtrack CD.  I wouldn't have pai more to get it though - it was just in there.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgentJ

Does anyone know which retailers are doing this preorder bonus?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atlus always does good pre-order stuff.
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nasar7

^Amazon.

Edit: Oops it says Amazon right on the image, didn't see it at first.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By subject2change
    AgentJ said:
    Does anyone know which retailers are doing this preorder bonus?
    EBGames and I assume Amazon.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AgentJ

Cant wait until this package comes in the mail

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.