Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Knock-Knock

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 04, 2013

Knock-Knock is a Kickstarter-funded adventure game by Russian developer Ice-Pick Lodge.

Insane (spoiler warning)

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Spent a couple hours with this game and got a bad ending. The little dude goes insane.

Apparently a meter that inexplicably appears at some point in the game is a measure of sanity and if that runs out before you get to the end of the game then your ending is you go insane.

I kind of like the fact that they will allow you to keep playing the game even though your character has gone insane just so you can then come to the conclusion that you are insane.

I also strangely identify with the main character. I believe the game and developers only refer to him as "the Lodger", but I've taken to calling him Nikolai.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By poisonjam7

So....you're saying he wasn't insane to start with? I don't know about that....

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I hated the meter. The game is just random enough that you can get screwed over and unable to complete the game before it runs out, but it's not nearly random enough to stay interesting over multiple playthroughs, especially once it becomes more frustrating than frightening.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I know the QL didn't show the breadth of this game, but I continue to not see the appeal at all to this game. Even if you put aside/enjoy the obfuscated rules, the simplistic stealth/hiding just doesn't seem very interesting.

sailorgalaxxxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By sailorgalaxxxy

I got him to go insane when he was in the forest and kept touching the leaf people but I also got another ending with him in this rune forest and no matter how far he walked, he never found a house. And also when you sit in front of a rune and press e or just pause there is a paper that pops up with a name and a date and some word. And also the credits run on the side. I had no idea what kind of ending this was lol cause it was totally different from the obvious "game over" slashed across my screen on my previous gameplay so ...wtf LOL help? XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.