Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Knock-Knock

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 04, 2013

Knock-Knock is a Kickstarter-funded adventure game by Russian developer Ice-Pick Lodge.

Stuck on stage 4, no longer scary nor fun.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

I know that there's something to be said for "discovering game mechanics on your own," but this is an entirely different matter. Maybe there IS some glaringly obvious solution that I'm missing, but I keep getting cornered with absolutely no way out. It doesn't feel like there are systems at work that I just need to figure out, it feels like arbitrary frustrating bullshit.

Can someone give me at least a hint as to how I'm supposed to get through the night?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaggE

Have you been turning off the lights before you leave each room? Waiting in rooms where your eyes close until objects appear (sometimes a time speedup or object you can hide behind will appear)? Using these two mechanics, I've only been cornered once or twice, and I'm nearing the end.

sailorgalaxxxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sailorgalaxxxy

@shagge: We are really suppose to turn off the lights? D; but that slows him downnn ahhh D; and I can't see the monsters in the darkness O_o

Am I supposed to be turning on the lights in the rooms with the big eyeball? I just need some clarification if I'm doing it right cause I keep getting a weird ending of permanently trapped in a rune forest lol

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sailorgalaxxxy: I turned on all the eye rooms, just because the time setback is so small. No idea if the affects the ending... I got the same one you did. (took me forever to realize that it was a credits roll... when he closes his eyes, stand still and names will start scrolling).

Also, might want to spoiler block that.

sailorgalaxxxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@shagge: oops, edited and hid it!

Is there a wiki page with some advice lol I am only coming across random help from youtube and stuff, like apparently the girl voice is trying to help me and I should listen to her but the dude is the bad guy O_o and he is the one I'm really hiding from D; and I don't get the white bar at the top buhh. I've replayed this game 3 times and I still lose lol I'm getting frustrated xD

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShaggE

@sailorgalaxxxy: Haha, dunno. I just kind of pushed my way through, and I feel like I barely understand more than when I started. :P Unfortunately, the game was getting tedious by the end, so I'm not really ready to go back and try to do things differently. I just watched the QL, and it looks like I got lucky by getting fairly easy random generations.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@shagge said:

@sailorgalaxxxy: Haha, dunno. I just kind of pushed my way through, and I feel like I barely understand more than when I started. :P Unfortunately, the game was getting tedious by the end, so I'm not really ready to go back and try to do things differently. I just watched the QL, and it looks like I got lucky by getting fairly easy random generations.

Yeah, I was having the same kind of trouble (on the same level) as Vinny and Brad. I did eventually manage to scrape by and beat that stage on the 10th or 11th try, and then proceeded to fly through the next 6 or 7 stages with absolutely no trouble at all. So maybe it's a case where that level just randomly spikes in difficulty in certain configurations, I don't know. As far as I can tell, it really seems to hinge on whether or not you get rooms with multiple exits and ladders. If you don't, you're fucked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.