Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Knuckles

Character » appears in 97 games

Made his first appearance in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and is now a mainstay in the franchise. He also enjoys a friendly rivalry with Sonic and rapping about the places he visits.

I Like Knuckles

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy

How the hell did this character become unlikable? 

When the the Sonic Sucks Bandwagon tour got kicked started after the released of Sonic Adventure 2, then ended after the the release of Sonic Colors, people hated everything about Sonic (that includes the 2D games) because they didn't like the past 3D games. 

Now when I say that they hate everything, I also mean the characters. Sure, some of those characters' designs are ridiculous, and when they make they're appearance in a Sonic game I feel like they were just shoehorned in. Every character in the series got so much hate, including Knuckles. Really? I get the feeling people just hated Knuckles because he's a Sonic character, that's all.

I thought Knuckles was a likable character when he first made his debut in Sonic 3. I also thought he had a excellent design and a likable personally - he's a badass, cocky, and kind of mischievous in the genesis games. I will admit, I disliked what Sega did to the character after Sonic Adventure making him all serious and partially nothing like his genesis counterpart. And those fucking scavenger hunt levels, just give me some regular platforming levels with some nice beat em' up action with Knuckles still pimping the slutty bat girl. Okay, maybe Sega did one good thing with Knuckles in the 3D games.

Though I feel like Sega give the character a bit of redemption in Sonic Generations. I liked how Knuckles was betray in that game. One of his lines is: "Thanks for the help, not that I didn't needed it," that felt like the original Knuckles. Maybe there's hope for the old Knuckles to come back? 

Also, I like the Knuckles rap themes >_>

What are your thoughts?
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

People just get angry because they associate Sonic side characters with bad games because 5/6 of the characters in Sonic Adventure weren't Sonic, and 2/3 of them in SA2 didn't play like Sonic (because the Shadow levels were the same design wise).

Knuckles is fine. I still like Shadow as a character, and I have an ironic appreciation of Big the Cat. And, of course, Dr. Robotnik is classic.

The rest can burn in hell, for all I care.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JasonR86

I used to really like Knuckles as a kid. I'm not sure why now though.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PeasantAbuse

His hair grosses me out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Knuckles is alright. I guess least terrible would be a good way to explain it?

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
    @MooseyMcMan said:

I have an ironic appreciation of Big the Cat.

Big the Cat + Duke Nukem = voiced by same person.
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

I don't like him simply because he wears a cowboy hat for no discernible reason.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By jacksukeru

As far as angry looking rival characters, that have been introduced in every other Sonic game since, go he is pretty alright.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By danielkempster

I think Knuckles is a pretty cool echidna. Eh protects Chaos Emeralds and doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm with you on Knuckles, although my sole exposure to him for many years was in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. He adds a really cool three-way-conflict dynamic to that game, acting as neither a friend, nor an out-right antagonist - sure, he doesn't want you to get your greasy hedgehog mitts on the Chaos Emeralds, but he's just as opposed to Robotnik handling them. He also controls pretty distinctly from Sonic, on account of his wall-climbing and gliding skills. I guess that's why I appreciate him as a character. Having no experience with any recent Sonic titles besides Heroes (if that can really be considered 'recent' at this point), I can't really offer any other commentary on him. All I can say is that when I think of Sonic, I think of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles as the established anthropomorphic power-trio of that franchise.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I don't think a lot of people stopped hating Sonic after Sonic Colors. If anything all it did was make people who already loved Sonic hopeful about the series' future.

Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Michaelblack18

Knuckles im still cool with and everything and i still like sonic games and everything (i understand im probaly going to get a huge batch of WHY? for saying epscailly for the fact ill say the non wii version of unleashed and loved colors Except for sonic 06 that can piss off and die in hell for all i care) Knuckles got very cocky again there and such in generations so can still be as he is also now amy....amy just needs to get the hell out and never return and plus knuckles got his own fucking game look it up Knuckles Chaotix

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.