Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Konami

Company »

Konami is a well-known Japanese video game company, famous for series such as Castlevania, Silent Hill, and Metal Gear Solid.

Will there be a GB Konami Press Conference stream?

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Is there going to be a GB commentary stream on the Konami Press Conference tonight/tomorrow?

Alternatively, as I guess the guys could be busy getting ready for E3, are there any chances of the chat being left up for the conference?

(as of posting, I believe the conference starts in 6 hours - 3am baby!)

ED: I realise it's pre-recorded :D , but it'll be going up simultaneously everywhere, and Gamespot has a streaming page for it.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is there going to be a GB commentary stream on the Konami Press Conference tonight/tomorrow?

Alternatively, as I guess the guys could be busy getting ready for E3, are there any chances of the chat being left up for the conference?

(as of posting, I believe the conference starts in 6 hours - 3am baby!)

If its like last year it is just a video So it would not make much sense. But still would be cool but I doubt it^^

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: They did it a couple of years ago, I'm certain of it.

Not sure if that was live or not... but I have distinct memories of the dudes sitting on a couch heckling the conference. (which is the kind of quality content I tune in for)

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if that was live or not... but I have distinct memories of the dudes sitting on a couch heckling the conference. (which is the kind of quality content I tune in for)

They did? Do you have a link? I can't find it but want to watch it^^

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@selfconfessedcynic said:

They did? Do you have a link? I can't find it but want to watch it^^

Found it!

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/287235865 (broken video is broken)

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/thursday-night-throwdown-060211/2300-4203/

thanks to @prestige 's awesome TNT listing and google.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@selfconfessedcynic: I believe darji means the actual conference was pre-recorded last year and they just streamed out the video, which obviously ruined the fun for everyone >:(

It would be cool if GB did something for it, it's the sort of conference where the actual information is about 3% of the reason you watch it (although that should be different this year with Metal Gear stuff), so it'd be fun having a stream and the chat. I am actually excited for E3 this year for the first time in a while, so more ways to enjoy the coverage would not go unappreciated!

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar said:

@selfconfessedcynic: I believe darji means the actual conference was pre-recorded last year and they just streamed out the video, which obviously ruined the fun for everyone >:(

It would be cool if GB did something for it, it's the sort of conference where the actual information is about 3% of the reason you watch it (although that should be different this year with Metal Gear stuff), so it'd be fun having a stream and the chat. I am actually excited for E3 this year for the first time in a while, so more ways to enjoy the coverage would not go unappreciated!

Yeah.. MGSV first gameplay of Castlevania and so on. Would be great.

@selfconfessedcynic

Somehow the link does not work. Or better the video will not start..

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar said:

Wasn't it pre-recorded in 2011 as well?

Here's the GB link to that video archive, and I can confirm it works;

(cc: @darji )

ED: Starts at roughly 1h38-ish and I can also confirm it was HELLA pre-recorded in 2011. This shit is still hilariously bad/good.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar said:

Wasn't it pre-recorded in 2011 as well?

Here's the GB link to that video archive, and I can confirm it works;

(cc: @darji )

ED: Starts at roughly 1h38-ish and I can also confirm it was HELLA pre-recorded in 2011. This shit is still hilariously bad/good.

THX^^

No wonder I did not found that. But yeah that was pretty bad sadly I think they don't do any live conferences anymore because 2010 was sooooo bad for them. But this year is pretty big...

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

THX^^

No wonder I did not found that. But yeah that was pretty bad sadly I think they don't do any live conferences anymore because 2010 was sooooo bad for them. But this year is pretty big...

Fuck yeah it's pretty big this year, as y'all said. MGS5 and Castlevania 2 are two games I can't wait to see more of.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Winternet

It should, at least, be available on giantbomb.com/chat so people can watch it together.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The whole conference should be hosted by Zobek, followed by rampant discussion on whether or not he was CG.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh fuck, I just got to the Transfarring stuff in the 2011 conference video.

Best.

@winternet said:

It should, at least, be available on giantbomb.com/chat so people can watch it together.

Agreed.

@damodar said:

The whole conference should be hosted by Zobek, followed by rampant discussion on whether or not he was CG.

Fuck, I loved everything to do with the ridiculously indulgent and overblown lead up to a game we'd all guessed with the first trailer :D

I wish Kojima was in charge of all advertising.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.