Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Korg DS-10

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 04, 2008

With the help of Korg, a replica of the MS-20 is being made for the DS. Originally only slated for a Japanese release, it was released in North America in November 2008.

Be Kanye West on the DS :-)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    Want to sound like Kanye West? All you need is a bendy straw and a Nintendo DSi for a DIY Talkbox.

No Caption Provided
    (shogungamer)

One of my favourite people YouTube jetdaisuke, shows us how a flexible straw made theKORG DS-10 program a Talkbox (Talking modulator) with the Nintendo DSi.

It's a pretty simple concept. The KORG synth application is generating various tones that are projected out of the DSi's speakers. You just so happen to capture that sound by forcing it into the pathway of a bendy straw which leads into your mouth. Forming shapes with your mouth while playing a sound will cause the sound waves to reflect out of your mouth and pitch shift accordingly. But rather then talking about how awesome and easy it is, you should just watch. Enjoy!

Count me impressed.  That is awesome.  Now I want Korg DS even more.

If you have Korg DS, try it out and tell us how you go.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Did you know that Kanye West likes fishdicks?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

I'd rather just go buy a real talkbox.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I was expecting to see that Nintendo had announced a DS Fuckface Sim.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Through the talkbox: "George Bush hatez Black People!" So true.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

If it means I can have 'Shawtay!' on cue, then that is a great idea.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By clubsandwich

@JJOR64: it's fishsticcks actually.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By AgentJ

dude, why didn't we get a Korg DS10 DSI? I wouldve been in line on day one to pick one of those babies up!

Oh, and i like putting fish sticks in my mouth. 
    Well done though. Clever guy. 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @AgentJ said:
    " dude, why didn't we get a Korg DS10 DSI? I wouldve been in line on day one to pick one of those babies up!
    Oh, and i like putting fish sticks in my mouth. 
    Well done though. Clever guy. 
    "

It's available on Amazon.com

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@CL60 said:
    " I'd rather just go buy a real talkbox. "
    This

The guy is awesome though, but I sure as hell don't wanna sound like Kanye West
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Brendan

I just gotta say, I really appreciate your enthusiasm for the DS.  Your many interesting threads about the system is a great contributer to this website. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Brendan said:
    " I just gotta say, I really appreciate your enthusiasm for the DS.  Your many interesting threads about the system is a great contributer to this website.  "

I agree entirely. It's done with good reason too. The DS forum should be in the left pane on the main forum page, anywhere else is simply not right given the DS's popularity among gamers, and it's steady flow of  great games.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oldschool
    @Brendan said:
    " I just gotta say, I really appreciate your enthusiasm for the DS.  Your many interesting threads about the system is a great contributer to this website.  "
    All in a day's work sir  :-)

I like the community we have managed to build here.  I figure by drawing in all the interesting (and questionable) stories going around into a single forum just makes it easier for all, and a time saver for people who don't want to search the net for stories.  It also means that we can enter a dialogue on the subject from our own viewpoints and have a good discussion.

This is my niche and I like it.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Brendan said:
    All in a day's work sir  :-)

I like the community we have managed to build here.  I figure by drawing in all the interesting (and questionable) stories going around into a single forum just makes it easier for all, and a time saver for people who don't want to search the net for stories.  It also means that we can enter a dialogue on the subject from our own viewpoints and have a good discussion.

This is my niche and I like it.
    "
    Lol, they should make you their Austrailian/DS correspondant
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Jeffy G posted this story a long while back Mr B. It's likely to be the one time he will ever beat you to a DS story :)

http://www.giantbomb.com/korg-ds-10/61-21427/video-game-talkbox-nightmare-continues-unabated/35-221090/#59 "
    By 6 months as well  :-)

Hell, everyone has forgotten about it by now xP

This only adds to my argument that threads on games should be automatically linked to the system thread.  That applies to all systems.  You should have a choice to attach it to the system it applies to.  How the hell would I be expected to find this story is if I was just a casual reader?  I am not going to search every game on the DS that interests me (and there is a lot) in case I might find a thread worth posting on.  Many times it may be about a game I have not otherwise heard of, so a search is pointless.  If you came here many times a day, every day, then most threads wouldn't get past your attention, but most of us are not here that frequently.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Jeffy G posted this story a long while back Mr B. It's likely to be the one time he will ever beat you to a DS story :)

http://www.giantbomb.com/korg-ds-10/61-21427/video-game-talkbox-nightmare-continues-unabated/35-221090/#59 "

This only adds to my argument that threads on games should be automatically linked to the system thread.  That applies to all systems.  You should have a choice to attach it to the system it applies to.  How the hell would I be expected to find this story is if I was just a casual reader?  I am not going to search every game on the DS that interests me (and there is a lot) in case I might find a thread worth posting on.  Many times it may be about a game I have not otherwise heard of, so a search is pointless.  If you came here many times a day, every day, then most threads wouldn't get past your attention, but most of us are not here that frequently.
    "
    But that brings up the question: do those game-specific posts count as posts for the console too? 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks

I hope they're working on that linking functionality for the next site revision, it is very much needed, because It's clear discussion is being stunted within the current system.

*fingers crossed*

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Linkyshinks said:

"
    But that brings up the question: do those game-specific posts count as posts for the console too? 
    "
    Yes.  That means even the PSP and probably the PS2 would be on top of the popular board as they should.  The system is the games and the games are the system.  I would then increase the Popular list from 11 to 15-20.  It is a real bitch to find stuff on this site at times.  I struggled to find the Bioshock forum the other day when I did a thread on it.  It would have been easier for me to just have gone 360 or General Discussion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.