Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

KRUNCH

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 21, 2012

A masocore indie game where players control a floating robotic orb in a race to escape the dangerous and claustrophobic confines of a futuristic labyrinth.

Kind of sparse, any more info?

Hsizzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hsizzay

Couple of questions --

• The box art is just a throwback, yeah? This wasn't an old Sega game brought back from the dead?
    • Isn't Krunch also the name of some kind of software development strategy? Is that just a coincidence?
    twobitart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By twobitart

The box art isn't the real box art, it was a joke I painted on Twitter like a year ago - whomever created the wiki page didn't bother checking facts, apparently.

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By panvixyl

@twobitart: Well, it's a very cute joke. Nicely done at any rate!

vieko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vieko

We'll post an actual photo the Collector's Edition cover soon.... there's a photo of the mockup here: http://www.krunchgame.com/

twobitart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By twobitart

Lol. You posted that cover, didn't you, V? No one remembers that Master System cover! *shakes fists*

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By PandaBear

@twobitart said:

The box art isn't the real box art, it was a joke I painted on Twitter like a year ago - whomever created the wiki page didn't bother checking facts, apparently.

<begin the "I'm such a retro fan!!" lies here>

Oh man I remember sorta renting this game when I was a kid. Old 8-Bit games are the best!! I love how hard they are and how I forget that and then I play them again without my fucking rose tinted glasses and suck at them in a the first few minutes so I stop playing them but then keep telling people what an 8-Bit fan I am!! Remember Columns? LOL!!!

twobitart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By twobitart
    Oh man I remember sorta renting this game when I was a kid. Old 8-Bit games are the best!! I love how hard they are and how I forget that and then I play them again without my fucking rose tinted glasses and suck at them in a the first few minutes so I stop playing them but then keep telling people what an 8-Bit fan I am!! Remember Columns? LOL!!!
    No Caption Provided
    kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By kraznor

Here is an editorial a friend of mine wrote up about the game, has some details and assets in there from the game.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PandaBear

@twobitart said:

No Caption Provided

:|

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Error52

Does "Masocore" mean really hard or "Bullshit unfair" like IWBTG? If it's the former then I might give it a shot...

vieko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vieko

There's tons of hard and arguably a few "bullshit unfair" spots in KRUNCH... Overall, a challenging experience! I love someone here tagged it Masocore :) Tempted to rename our upcoming Hardcore Mode to MASO Mode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.