Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

A fairly poor first impression

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By alexl86

I should make it clear, this started out as a call for assistance after a litany of problems with L.A. Noire. The problem has been resolved, but it still kinda bugs me. Here's the original post.

"So, I decided to wait for all the dlc to come out before getting L.A. Noire, thinking I'd get all the cases and extra stuff during my first playthrough (and getting it cheaper certainly helps too). Well, my copy arrived today and I immediately installed the 3 discs to my harddrive (My Xbox froze up during installing disc 1), then bought the Rockstar Pass. However, when I go to the Marketplace through the in-game menu, it says "No downloadable content is currently available.", and when I try signing into the Social Club, the game "synchronizes" for 5-10 minutes before it completely freezes up. I've managed to sign in to the Social Club once, the game telling me I unlocked a costume, but the game immediately froze up when I pressed A to advance (the only option).

I know there's been some calamity between Team Bondi and Rockstar, but surely I didn't just throw away 960 MS Points?"

The problem was solved by clearing the cashe, then updating it again. The main problem was that the dlc won't show up if you're not logged into the Social Club. All the dlc is currently installing. Still, what the hell? It's been three hours since I got the game and only now I've gotten it to work right, and now I have to sit here and wait for the dlc to download.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.