Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Cutscene after the credits

baconbringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By baconbringer

Just in case no one else noticed or sit through the credits there is one more cutscene after the end credits. I found a youtube video with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmsGeHbkoMw&feature=related

starts at around 9:00

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PillClinton

I didn't really think it fit very well after the credits tbh. 

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster
    @100_Hertz said:
    I didn't really think it fit very well after the credits tbh. 
    Yeah.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Yeah i thought this was pretty lame, there should have been some sort of twist or something. 

Gnorbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gnorbooth

Ever since I saw this cutscene, something has been bothering me.  It's the timeline.  If the fellow trooper duders are reading the newspaper about Phelps making detective, then they are just now shipping home from the Japan campaign in 1947...a full two years after that campaign ended with Japan surrendering in 1945.  NO WAY were remnants of what was a "citizen" army still even involved in the armed forces two years after the war.  Only if they had opted to stay in the Corps full time as a career.  Which doesn't sound like the case, as most of the dialogue seems to act like the war is freshly over and these cats are looking to reset their lives.  Throws off my timeline!

Oversight maybe?  Me just over-thinking?  Just something that occurred to me and didn't add up.  I thought the scene itself was eh, as it puts some of the events of the game in perspective, but that's about all that scene accomplishes. 

dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dvdhaus
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gnorbooth: I think the paper is Phelps becoming an officer, not a detective.  And Phelps would've got out early for the injury he sustained, enough time to head home and graduate the academy.
    Gnorbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gnorbooth
    @Brodehouse: I was thinking that too, since he did get out of the campaign earlier then those guys due to the "injury" (which even then seemed close to the end of the war) but when I re-watched the scene, it says "Detective" on the newspaper.  They also bring up Cole getting a promotion, which would have to do with Phelps moving up to the detective slot.  Not necessarily like, "Oh he got promoted to a slightly better patrol cop position!  Get that on the front page!"  The scene also sets the stage for a certain "heist" that we don't start learning about as Cole until the Vice desk.  That stash would have to last a long while if it was '45 when they took it.  And now it's two years later and none of the shipment has made it into distribution and is only then hitting the streets in circulation?  That's a long time to not be making money on the initial risk. 

Like I said, I'm overthinking it to the stupidest degree haha.
    ac3x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ac3x
    @Gnorbooth: The United States occupied Japan until 1952 and there are Marines stationed in Okinawa to this day.
    JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JasonR86

That part was a good scene but out of place for what had just happened.  It could have been used soon after you took control of Kelso.  But at the end, when everything was over?  It felt out of place.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Milkman

The scene didn't feel like something that should be put after the credits. It would have worked as a newspaper or something but it was just telling us what we already knew. 

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By fugie7

Yeah, Instead of restating what was already covered in the game. They should of showed cole washing up somewhere or Kelsoe taking down those crooked cops. I would personally like to see him blow up the vice cop or shoot him in the face. 

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I think that cutscene should have been in one of those collectible newspapers. Did anyone else think the game ended too abruptly?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Jayross
    @Cold_Wolven
    I think that cutscene should have been in one of those collectible newspapers. Did anyone else think the game ended too abruptly?
    Yes, unlike Red Dead Redemption which had a fantastic ending, the ending to LA Noire was less than stellar.
    Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nitrocore

I thought it was a nice touch, "how it all started" right at the end. I agree it was kinda odd but it was also the last piece to complete the puzzle.  It seemed alittle like the calm after the storm, before the storm that was the game......

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.