Dan Ryckert is in this game

#1 Edited by darkjohnny47 (283 posts) -

For those that didn't know; when Dan worked for Game Informer he did the cover story for L.A. Noire.

This meant that he got to hang out with Team Bondi at their studio. They scanned his face and put him in the game.

Here's video proof.

He shows up around 4:35 or so in the video if you wanna skip right to it.

#2 Edited by FlashFlood_29 (4413 posts) -

Further elaboration:

He went to cover the game over a one week period. The team was apparently unaware of this and did not want to take part, so instead offered to make use of his time by putting him in the game.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
#3 Posted by OpusOfTheMagnum (647 posts) -

I don’t mean to be a dick but it’s so funny to see someone posting this in 2017. Everytime anyone has brought up this game a joke has been made by someone on the crew about how Dan was in the game.

That being said I’ve never watched nagging of him in the game so thanks for giving me a reason lol.

#4 Edited by Humanity (18716 posts) -

It's heartwarming to see Dans work ethic shines through even back then - although now that we have gotten to know Dan and his background in film studios I can completely see why he would be upset when asked to edit a video.

#5 Posted by meganralph (34 posts) -

Just fyi he went to meet with some of the heads doing the filming stuff which was in the states, didn't go to the studio.

#6 Posted by Tom_omb (1073 posts) -

Man, it's been a while since I've watched a Game Informer video. Miss those guys.

#7 Edited by soulcake (2749 posts) -

Also Dan is Every russian Dude in the latest Infamous game.

#8 Posted by ShaggE (9261 posts) -

When @rorie decides that the world is ready for Matt Rorie's Alpha Protocol 2: Beta Protocol, I hope Dan gets a role as a fellow spy. One with a taste for Calorie Mates and keeping people waiting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
#9 Posted by deactivated-5b85a38d6c493 (1990 posts) -

@tom_omb: They are still putting out good content on Youtube, I find. Even without Tim Turi and Dan I still check in on the new Replays from time to time.

#10 Posted by darkjohnny47 (283 posts) -

I only posted this now because I just realized that no one had already posted about it. And I found the video too.

#11 Edited by Tom_omb (1073 posts) -

@boonsong: Yeah, I don't doubt it. I always thought they were the closest thing to Giant Bomb out there. Entertaining, knowledgeable group, with one foot in the old world of games media, and one foot in the new world of games streaming. I've just drifted away from games coverage, besides Giant Bomb. If I'm on YouTube, I watch something different.

#12 Posted by BlueStriped (116 posts) -

https://youtu.be/FhHbsxLEyMw

#13 Posted by DweezilX (63 posts) -

Playing this in VR and boy was it fun to find Dan and punch him in the face. LOVE YOU DAN.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.