Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Is the disc swapping on 360 bad?

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ElNeebre

From my experience with Mass Effect 3 (haven't bought many multiple disc games for 360) it was a nightmare having to swap between the two discs for different missions (even swapping back to the first disc from the second for a side mission)

Is it the same story for the 360 version of LA Noire? I'm planning on picking up the Complete Edition which comes on 4 discs, but if I have to switch from disc 3 to disc 1 for example for a side mission... I may as well buy it for PS3.

Cheers!

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zombie2011

Once you complete a disc you don't go back to it. It's a linear game unllike ME3

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

You only have to switch for the main cases. If I remember correctly, the first desk and half of the second is on the first disc, the rest of the second desk is on the second disc, and most of the third desk is on the third disc.

I haven't played L.A. Noire in quite a while, but it's something like that. Definitely not as bad as Mass Effect 3, though going back through L.A. Noire to play specific cases again can be a pain because of the disc swapping.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

Mass Effect 3 on consoles seems like a crazy person's dream between load times and disc swaps.

LA Noire is nothing like that. Linear progression. You swap discs between desks, barely an issue. A small number of side missions are tied to certain desks I think, but it is barely an issue. In getting 100% I didn't have to do much swapping at all.

PS3 has an extra case, might as well get it for that. I don't see any advantage to owning the Xbox version over the PS3.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No, it's not that bad. Between desks is the only time.

At least that's how I remember it...

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@ElNeebre said:

From my experience with Mass Effect 3 (haven't bought many multiple disc games for 360) it was a nightmare having to swap between the two discs for different missions (even swapping back to the first disc from the second for a side mission)

Is it the same story for the 360 version of LA Noire? I'm planning on picking up the Complete Edition which comes on 4 discs, but if I have to switch from disc 3 to disc 1 for example for a side mission... I may as well buy it for PS3.

Cheers!

I think thats how it works. I believe the side missions you get on the Vice Desk don't show up in say the Arson Desk and vice versa.

Plus, you get an extra case with the PS3, so you might as well get it for that if you have the option.

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ElNeebre

@AlisterCat: Yeah the only reason I was picking it for 360 over PS3 (although I'm now considering it) is because of achievements and OCD (Rockstar games split over two different consoles? Impossibru!)

Avatar image for spartan_assassin
    Spartan_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spartan_Assassin

@AlisterCat:

one is that you don't have to update every time you sign in and another is that Live does not crash once a month

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Spartan_Assassin said:

@AlisterCat:

one is that you don't have to update every time you sign in and another is that Live does not crash once a month

Yes, because you just absolutely need internet to play LA Noire

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By spazmaster666

I would probably get the PC version if you have a decent PC. It includes all the bonus cases, including the extra one for the PS3. Also the 360 version has some framerate issues as well.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#11  Edited By alistercat

@SomeDeliCook said:

@Spartan_Assassin said:

@AlisterCat:

Yes, because you just absolutely need internet to play LA Noire

I actually found it interesting to get the stats about player choices during investigations, which I assume it can't show you unless you are online. I don't use my PS3 much but those things have never been an issue.

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ElNeebre

So I bought the game for 360, the disc swapping seems like it won't be a problem at all.

I have to say, this game is fucking incredible. The facial work is insane, and I regret not playing this sooner.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@ElNeebre said:

So I bought the game for 360, the disc swapping seems like it won't be a problem at all.

I have to say, this game is fucking incredible. The facial work is insane, and I regret not playing this sooner.

Yeah, but play it in short bursts, especially Homicide because that shit gets repetitive in a hurry.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nail1080

It depends...are you obese?

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ElNeebre

@nail1080 said:

It depends...are you obese?

Nope, but I'm veeeeeery lazy.

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@ElNeebre said:

Yeah, but play it in short bursts, especially Homicide because that shit gets repetitive in a hurry.

Aw, that kinda sucks to hear. I'm just about to start the Homicide missions now.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Dagbiker

The disc swaping is the least of that games problems, having said that, the personal story is not good, but the missions are fine, until they all become personal missions toward the end. And the gameplay is very low key the one thing that sticks out is the balancing thing you do a bunch at the end ( balancing on a piece of scaffolding then 3 seconds later balancing again.)

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Karl_Boss

The disk swapping is no problem.....I juse beat the game recently and am working on 100% currently.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InternetCrab

The disk swapping is a hell. I lost disc one actually, but that might depend on me being clumsy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.