L.A. Noire Coming to PC This Fall

• 187 results
#151 Posted by billyhoush (1273 posts) -

I'm glad my snooty PC graphics whore friends can now experience late 40s Los Angeles.

Avatar image for buffalosoldier221
#152 Posted by buffalosoldier221 (9 posts) -

bout damn time =)

#153 Edited by MrKlorox (11171 posts) -

Cool. I'll definitely pick it up again on PC down the line. But not immediately since I already bought it on console.

edit: Do we know who's doing the port? Please let it be Team Bondi.

#154 Posted by tourgen (4568 posts) -

Great news! I'll wait for the PC version then.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
#155 Posted by captain_clayman (3349 posts) -

do a double pack with red dead AND I'LL BUY BOTH if they're not broken like gta 4 was and supports mods.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
#156 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (749 posts) -

I'm surprised that they're doing this, when Red Dead Redemption still isn't out on PC.

#157 Edited by Rockanomics (1187 posts) -

My actual reaction.

#158 Posted by Edwardryu (445 posts) -

I don't care. I don't like rockstar game at all. so I will pass no matter how it will be. I'm not interested in such type of game.

#159 Posted by Jace (1154 posts) -

Also still wouldve rather had RDR.

#160 Posted by lawlerballer (204 posts) -

Let's just hope they actually do a proper port this time

#161 Posted by maginnovision (819 posts) -

Yea, PC gaming will die if they decide to delay PC versions for so long without so much as a word. I bought it on PS3, and the entire time I played it I just felt like I'd enjoy it more on my computer. Now that it's coming out I can't justify it, even to myself, since I've already bought it. I can't support their poor decision to say nothing by buying it again, even if it would be on my platform of choice.

#162 Posted by briangodsoe (498 posts) -

This is your worst headline ever Alex. I would have went with, "L.A. Noire on PC is a thing".

#163 Posted by RsistncE (4498 posts) -

Dear god, RELEASE RDR FOR THE PC ALREADY.

Avatar image for tinygrasshopper
#164 Posted by TinyGrasshopper (242 posts) -

@Maginnovision said:

Yea, PC gaming will die if they decide to delay PC versions for so long without so much as a word. I bought it on PS3, and the entire time I played it I just felt like I'd enjoy it more on my computer. Now that it's coming out I can't justify it, even to myself, since I've already bought it. I can't support their poor decision to say nothing by buying it again, even if it would be on my platform of choice.

i could not agree more. preach on!

#165 Posted by pubbles (162 posts) -

@RoyCampbell said:

@coopersy: We get one thing and you're already demanding another. Huh.

Yeah but I've been wanting RDR for ages, and have been asking for it etc. Also I already beat LA Noire. But hey it's cool that they're putting it on the better platform ;)

#166 Posted by RoyCampbell (1092 posts) -
@coopersy said:

@RoyCampbell said:

But hey it's cool that they're putting it on the better platform ;)

If I could barf on you, I would. I'm tired of barfing on myself when I read comments like that.
#167 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8504 posts) -

@TinyGrasshopper said:

@Maginnovision said:

i could not agree more. preach on!

GTA IV sales on PC make that line of thinking redundant. Who cares if its delayed.

#168 Posted by Arach666 (78 posts) -

Very poor article Alex,very poor.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
#169 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6116 posts) -
@RoyCampbell said:
@coopersy said:

@RoyCampbell said:

But hey it's cool that they're putting it on the better platform ;)

If I could barf on you, I would. I'm tired of barfing on myself when I read comments like that.
It is the superior platform though ;)
#170 Posted by diplomatico (49 posts) -

This is great news, PC Gamers most likely deserve it as long as it's not being whored out for the numbers.  I respect Rockstar's work but not releasing Midnight Club III for PC was unforgivable.  I hope Rockstar's PC strategy looks better from hereon in. 

#171 Posted by Wonloong (407 posts) -

The uncanny valley will look ten times awesome-er now.

#172 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8504 posts) -

Alex, you Mad Man you.

#173 Posted by jetsetwillie (882 posts) -
@DonPixel said:

@Vitor said:

@Laketown said:

@DonPixel said:

@thornie said:

Here's hoping the game is optimized. Rockstar has a crummy track record of optimizing console ports for PC.

Thats rubrish whining.. GTA4 was optimized for multicore runs like butter with better visuals in any i5+ ... The initial whining comes for dual core owners.

no, I have a AMD quad core and it still ran pretty badly.

Fact of the matter is, there's an insane amount going on in GTA 4 that isn't apparent at first. I'm still surprised they got it running on a 360 to be honest.

The world of LA Noire is far more sparse than liberty city so that means less processing power. I doubt this port will have the same issues. Hope not at least...

If so at least for L.A. Noire and with the current state of Hardware capabilities the question should be: How much can they actually improve the visuals instead of just hopping for a better frame rate/resolution ?

the aliasing is pretty bad on the consoles. on my 46" screen it looks pretty terrible, so i can't wait to play on the PC with some AA cranked up. sure it won't be a night and day difference but it will be easier on the eye
#174 Posted by Chris_B (6 posts) -

Now I don't have to buy a PS3

#175 Edited by jetsetwillie (882 posts) -
@gike987 said:

@ShaneDev said:

There is a paragraph and a half of redundant text in this article  about how bad PC gamers are, so quality writing again. Maybe someone else should write these instead.

Would probably not help. Making fun out PC gamers in everything PC related seems to be one of the requirements to become a game journalist nowadays. I don't think I have read a PC related article (from sites that are not PC exclusive) in the recent year that is not trying to allude to PC gamers being basement dwellers and pirates. I have just learned to ignore it. But it's no wonder that so many PC gamers hate everything console related when they get treated like this, not only from forum trolls but so called professionals too.
oh please... 

the PC community has painted itself out to be such a bunch of whining, crying, self-entitled, elitists over the last few years that how can they defend themselves from the odd tongue-in-cheek banter. not just on this forum but across the internet forums are full of PC gamers constantly shooting about how great they are and crying about how the consolite casual scum has ruined gaming to the point where now its running joke. 

you guys need to stop taking yourself's so seriously.
#176 Posted by TommyVercetti (14 posts) -

@Branthog: Considering GTA: Episodes from Liberty City is 16 GB on Steam, I don't see why the full-size L.A Noire could not be the same size as on consoles.

#177 Posted by emem (2063 posts) -

@jetsetwillie said:

@gike987 said:

@ShaneDev said:

There is a paragraph and a half of redundant text in this article about how bad PC gamers are, so quality writing again. Maybe someone else should write these instead.

Would probably not help. Making fun out PC gamers in everything PC related seems to be one of the requirements to become a game journalist nowadays. I don't think I have read a PC related article (from sites that are not PC exclusive) in the recent year that is not trying to allude to PC gamers being basement dwellers and pirates. I have just learned to ignore it. But it's no wonder that so many PC gamers hate everything console related when they get treated like this, not only from forum trolls but so called professionals too.
oh please... the PC community has painted itself out to be such a bunch of whining, crying, self-entitled, elitists over the last few years that how can they defend themselves from the odd tongue-in-cheek banter. not just on this forum but across the internet forums are full of PC gamers constantly shooting about how great they are and crying about how the consolite casual scum has ruined gaming to the point where now its running joke. you guys need to stop taking yourself's so seriously.

Why do you think you see more whining online from PC gamers than console gamers? Is it because 13 year old 360/PS3 gamers are more mature than 13 year old PC gamers or is it because 13 year old 360/PS3 gamers don't have a way or aren't familiar with posting stuff on the internet? Whoever thinks one side is "better" than the other is nuts, imho.

Oh and who exactly is "the PC community"? I'm mainly playing PC games for about 16 years now and I've never been invited. Stop generalizing, idiots are everywhere and people are making fun of whatever they want to make fun of.. even "the almighty" professionals. Just take it with humor or stay away if you can't handle it.

#178 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2483 posts) -

I bet there'll be a mod that replaces Cole's voice with Gilbert Gottfreid. Imagine the insanity.

#179 Posted by Kohe321 (3569 posts) -

I would like a mod that changes his voice with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"LISTEN TO MUYEH, DAT LADY IS DED DERES BLAAD EVERUWHEREA".

#180 Posted by Tennmuerti (9460 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:

GTA IV sales on PC make that line of thinking redundant. Who cares if its delayed.
Out of curiosity what were the GTA4 sales on PC compared to PS3/360 ?
#181 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8504 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

Out of curiosity what were the GTA4 sales on PC compared to PS3/360 ?

From memory sales almost doubled two years after it was released on PC in Dec. 08. I think it was recorded as doing something like 4million units in the first 6 months (with 360 beating PS3), then 8.5 by the end of 09 and then something like 15-6mil by the end of 2010.

#182 Posted by Yanngc33 (4551 posts) -

Sweet, let's hope for less bugs and more consistent framerate

#184 Posted by Jeaz (65 posts) -

Oh sweet, great news! Where can I preorder? :-)

#185 Posted by AgentofChaos (1575 posts) -

I'd be worried that this game will just be a shitty port. Anybody else remember the problems Rockstar had with GTA IV on the PC?

#187 Posted by MeatSim (11193 posts) -

Good that more people get to play this game.

#188 Posted by beforet (3470 posts) -

And there's one less reason to boot up my console.

#189 Posted by Solemn (288 posts) -

FUCK YEAH. 

*Remembers what happened with GTA IV* Oh for the love of god, please don't make it like that. 

#190 Posted by JCTango (1501 posts) -

I wonder what's going to happen to the port now that team bondi disbanded? o_O

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.