Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

LA Noire eh? What do you like about it?

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By matpaget

So first things first, Im sure you can all guess that Im Canadian.

MOVING ON

So a little while ago I found out that LA Noire was coming out for the Xbox 360 as well and I think that's awesome!
    I mean, it's not like they're taking it away from the PS3 and giving it to the Xbox 360.
    But I'm definitely interested in this game, I haven't been so mysteriously hypnotized by a game in a long time.
    I mean I can't even really explain what I like about the trailers other than the fact that it's just... great.

So I would like to start a topic where all of you can explain why you are stoked to see more of this game, and what
    makes it so god damn appealing! Because I sure as hell can't explain why I like it other than the fact that it's just... great. ;)

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

What they are doing for motion capture is what I am most excited about. From what I have read, they are using some new amazing technology that makes character interaction and cutscenes better than ever.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By shadows_kill

is it at E3? cause im pretty sure it still has a fallish release date but i would enjoy some gameplay or something..

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By alternate

Not seen hardy anything of it so not exited at all.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Phantom_Crash

the offical website has nothing to offer except trailer which is disappointing.

Broken_Luck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Broken_Luck

The Team Bondi/Rockstar approach to L.A. Noire has been interesting.  They're definitely playing this one close to the vest--which is understandable given what sounds like a pretty rocky development process.  Regardless, it sounds like they're bringing a lot to the table: new tech, an impressive cast of voice actors, and an enormous number of cutscenes and audio.  I'm particularly interested in the gameworld because it's a time period that's pretty underrepresented in gaming.  I'm wondering if this is going to end up being a sleeper hit because, despite the Game Informer article, it really hasn't gotten much attention.  Hopefully they'll put out some new information soon.

Ultimately, though, yes I am excited.  I'm trying to keep from getting too excited because there's just not that much information available, but I'm cautiously optimistic at the very least.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Broken_Luck said:
    I'm wondering if this is going to end up being a sleeper hit because, despite the Game Informer article, it really hasn't gotten much attention.
    I think when this game gets closer to it's release date Rockstar will absolutely UNLOAD on the marketing for it.
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By sagesebas

From the debut trailer I thought the graphics looked kinda junk 

That being said the music was really good, and I could really get behind a film noir story 

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By jmfinamore

For me, it's the setting mixed with what they've talked about the gameplay. Love the 50's noir and the animations they have. Really interested to see if there interrogations work out like they say, and if the detective elements are as free form as they say. 

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time allen

the premise that i've gathered in my head isn't too exciting but the technology behind it certainly is. the models themselves don't actually look that great but the facial expressions are absolutely insane.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#11  Edited By DonutFever

Two things: It's not just the regular R* formula, and the main gameplay isn't combat. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Rockstar Games = Brain Damaging Hype 

/thread

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Marcsman

It cannot be any worse than State of Emergency. 
    Can it?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Marcsman said:
    " It cannot be any worse than State of Emergency. Can it? "
    no u
    oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oobs

i am looking forward to this game alot on everything i have seen and read about it...would be cool to solve crimes and do some real dectective work..only just have to see how it all come together and works out

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.