Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

L.A Noire is making me feel like a horrible Detective person

Alezor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Alezor

I recently started playing L.A Noire, i'm only a few hours in, i just worked my way up to homicide... This game is so frustrating for me, i read this article that Mr. Patrick Klepek did on loving how the game, when you make a mistake during the investigation ends up being more interesting at the ending of each case, but still.... For me it's very frustrating to make a mistake, ask the wrong question, use the wrong piece of evidence when i'm pretty sure it's right... I don't know, it's pretty unforgiving and it kind of steers me away from the action, from the moments that i'm going through as Cole Phelps and gets me in this place where i can't think of anything else except WHAT AM I GOING TO SAY TO THE NEXT SUSPECT IN THE INTERVIEW or how will this new piece of evidence help me in the next interview or the fact that maybe i can't read the faces of people for tales, it's very frustrating.

I guess i'll be going back to the neverending Final Fantasy XIII, yeah i'm still totally playing that and i haven't gone through the Tutorial yet... So yeah.

Sometimes games are harsh.

Alezor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Alezor

I recently started playing L.A Noire, i'm only a few hours in, i just worked my way up to homicide... This game is so frustrating for me, i read this article that Mr. Patrick Klepek did on loving how the game, when you make a mistake during the investigation ends up being more interesting at the ending of each case, but still.... For me it's very frustrating to make a mistake, ask the wrong question, use the wrong piece of evidence when i'm pretty sure it's right... I don't know, it's pretty unforgiving and it kind of steers me away from the action, from the moments that i'm going through as Cole Phelps and gets me in this place where i can't think of anything else except WHAT AM I GOING TO SAY TO THE NEXT SUSPECT IN THE INTERVIEW or how will this new piece of evidence help me in the next interview or the fact that maybe i can't read the faces of people for tales, it's very frustrating.

I guess i'll be going back to the neverending Final Fantasy XIII, yeah i'm still totally playing that and i haven't gone through the Tutorial yet... So yeah.

Sometimes games are harsh.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PizzaSauce

I think its meant to be difficult. Youre never going to get every piece of infornation out of a suspect. The game forces you into realistic scenarios, in which arresting a dude is of more importance to arresting THE dude.

Keep playing duder, it gets so much better once the story kicks in, i am kinda buased towards noire based stuff however, but i assure you the plot is worth it.

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MancombSeepgood

Seriously, stick it out. Getting things wrong doesn't mean you're not gonna finish the case. In fact you could probably answer every question wrong and still end up at the pre-determined conclusion, and the story is worth seeing through to the end. No one gets everything right on the first try, and you can always replay cases you feel you did badly in.

druid42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By druid42

I'm at about the same place in the game, and I've had the same reaction of frustration when not being perfect as a detective. And then I finally made it through a case without missing one question and got that achievement for doing so, and it felt that much better getting it than it would have if it were easy to do so. Now I know it is possible to get all the tells and the evidence just right, that if I just pay attention a little bit more, I can do it. Now I'm not so frustrated when the "bad chimes" come after I press the button.

af7lm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By af7lm

I'm struggling.  I've done the first 4 or 5 investigations and it literally feels like I'm guessing with alot of these interrogations.  Maybe I'm just bad, or maybe I'm just not get these subtle hints from the people's expressions, but it's frustrating as hell.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PillClinton

@af7lm said:

I'm struggling. I've done the first 4 or 5 investigations and it literally feels like I'm guessing with alot of these interrogations. Maybe I'm just bad, or maybe I'm just not get these subtle hints from the people's expressions, but it's frustrating as hell.

To me, the interrogation system seemed completely arbitrary and very shoddy. I barely finished the game, and did not enjoy it.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hbkdx12

I feel like all they had to do to alleviate a lot of people's frustration is get rid of any indication of what constitutes a right/wrong answer. 

In this respect the game would feel just as intuitive and it'd be easier to entertain the branching paths and no one would be the wiser as to what was "right/wrong"

Alezor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alezor

I haven't finished the game out of exhaustion... and it gets better, you just gotta focus really hard on the person you're interrogating...

I think that's the main problem i have with the game, it gets me really stressed out... I find myself constantly saying ''Fuck this game'' and the main reason i play games is to relax and forget about my day.

Avatar image for callofspartansofwar1337
    CallofSpartansofWar1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i playd it and rly i dink itd be bettr if it didnt tell u da stuff u got wrong until AFTER da case, you kno? dat way u dont have the videogamer thing of wantin it 2 be perfect and it judt seem much more fluid. way it is makes it too temptin to try again. 

@hbkdx12 said:

I feel like all they had to do to alleviate a lot of people's frustration is get rid of any indication of what constitutes a right/wrong answer.   In this respect the game would feel just as intuitive and it'd be easier to entertain the branching paths and no one would be the wiser as to what was "right/wrong"
    sry i didnt see dat wuz basicaly what u said

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.