Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Question about cases and restarting them (no spoilers)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

OK So I just restarted a case that I messed up on and found out that I have to do the WHOLE thing over instead of just that section. Anyway, The game goes back to the beginning of the case (it's the first one with Bekowski) and then I get a call to go to a street crime that I already did. I looked in my stats book though and all the street crimes I did were saved - 7/40. And I'm pretty sure that this was the first street crime that becomes available, the Masked Gunman.

So my question is, do I have to do all these street missions over again or do they save? Also, are street crimes separated by story missions? In other words, Can I only do certain street crime missions in between other story related cases.

If anyone can clear anything up about this It'd be a great help. Also, just wanted to point out that all my hidden cars are now pictures of cars instead of question marks. Before going to do the story case I did as much side stuff as I could.
    RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By RawknRo11a

any street crimes you've already done  don't need to be done again. You can actually go into the "Streets of LA" mode and any you've done will be gray when not selected, and new ones will be red.

as for the separation, it is by desk and certain street crimes only appear at certain times of the day. Also, once you go into a particular desk's Free Roam and get into a cop car it wil tell you if you have completed all of the street crimes for that desk.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By PerryVandell

Street missions autosave immediately after you complete them. Another suggestion, if you want to restart something after you mess up, you can just press start and hit "quit" bringing you back to the main menu. Jump back in the game and you'll be where the game last saved, which is more or less close to when you quit. Should save you a lot of time.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy
    @Fullmetal216@RawknRo11a: Wow thanks for the awesome tips guys!!
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

If you choose to restart, the game actually tells you that all your progress aside from the case objectives up to that point will be saved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.