Silk Stocking Murder (Includes End of Homicide Spoilers)

#1 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2763 posts) -

I beat the game. I'm going through a few cases to get 5-stars on the few I missed and I just finished doing The Silk Stocking murder for the second time. As you go through these homicide desk cases again you'll notice a ton of things that point to the eventual killer (the temp bartender). He's mentioned in real quick throw away sentences and even Phelps will bring up how peculiar it is that all the women are murdered right after visiting bars.

The only thing that hasn't played into this so far is the ending of the Silk Stocking Murder. After you find the (assumedly planted) evidence in the Fruit seller's back room, he takes off and you have to engage in a car chase. When you apprehend him, nothing is said at all. The other guys had reason to run (Moller thought they would convict on his bloody boot, pedo guy ran because he's a pedo, etc). The fruit seller though... Why did he run?

Your first time through you'll just assume it was an act of guilt, but as we now know that's not the case, I'm having a hard time understanding why he would run.
#2 Posted by azrailx (604 posts) -

by the second or third case i thought it was  temp bartender becuase he was mentioned at least twice

specially since in the first case which was obviously a setup is the only time u see him till the end
#3 Posted by DougQuaid (1273 posts) -

I agree. To me, this seemed like one of the weaker cases in homicide. It started off pretty interestingly, but ended abruptly. I'm supposed to believe the guy who planted all the evidence around the body and the guy I arrested are the same person? The brown Ford Coupe lead wasn't important enough to look into at all?    

#4 Posted by Legxend (125 posts) -

For me when you get to the killers hideout you notice a bathtub full of blood and surgical which has blood all over it yet none of the cases match up which would lead you to believe he has killed more people yet everyone there just goes along ignoring the obvious. I also found the actually killer aspect to be a little weak there was no real motive or reasoning why he did it it was just like ' yeah here I am I did it'  I was expecting something a little more from it considering all the build up.

#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6730 posts) -
@Legxend: Same here. I was also expecting some dramatic monologue or something that would explain his reasoning for killing all the women.
#6 Posted by Jocund (127 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel@Legxend:  My sentiments exactly. I honestly thought the Hoboman with the burns across his face in one of the earlier Homicide cases would have been a more interesting culprit; almost everything that man said when I interrogated him was unnerving in some way- the hobo was far more plausible than a random homicidal bar temp. 
#7 Posted by Zimbo (872 posts) -
@Legxend: I think the bathtub and surgical instruments were a reference to the Elizabeth Short murder where the BD cut her in half and drained her of most of her blood before leaving the body on the streets. Quite sickening that someone could do that in real life let alone a game.
#8 Edited by darkwingduck (223 posts) -

i think the homicide desk was 1-2 missions too long for my taste. i mean come ON, every victim is missing jewelry and has an affinity for visiting bars. still i was convicting random schmucks and husbands instead of connecting the dots. the mission where you finally get the guy makes up for it though. theres hardly anything cooler than chasing a trenchcoat-wearing shotgun-bearing serial killer through some dark corridors of a cathedral!!!

#9 Posted by Legxend (125 posts) -
@darkwingduck said:

i think the homicide desk was 1-2 missions too long for my taste. i mean come ON, every victim is missing jewelry and has an affinity for visiting bars. still i was convicting random schmucks and husbands instead of connecting the dots. the mission where you finally get the guy makes up for it though. theres hardly anything cooler than chasing a trenchcoat-wearing shotgun-bearing serial killer through some dark corridors of a cathedral!!!

That is what I was thinking when the second woman showed up and everyone around you in the game is basically saying '' serial killer no don't be daft '' and your left looking at a body that is exactly the same as the previous one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.