Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Something about L.A. Noire is... off! Opinions ?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

So i'm investigating the second crime in the homicide desk and.. i'm getting bored. 

All you do is get the briefing, drive to crime scene, look for clues, go to a clue location, interrogate, go to another location for more clues, interrogate, solve case. 
    repeat.. 

Hey, i'm loving the facial animations, the detail, the voice acting, the driving is whack, but.. i find myself playing in short bursts because this is getting boring! 
    Phelps has no life, there's nothing going on! I understand that the crimes are supposed to get sort of connected in the end, and it's very exciting. I'm also excited to see what happens with the doctor from the newspapers, but.. Is this all you do in the game?   
    It just doesn't feel like a complete game. it feels like it skips certain levels where other things happen

I'm getting pretty tired of walking around and tapping circle everytime the controller vibrates. 

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By briggs713

Well I'll tell you what's off with my copy of L.A. Noire.  It shipped with no discs in it from Amazon a couple hours ago.  I hope I find it fun though when it eventually does come.  

Taklulas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Taklulas
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
     I'm getting pretty tired of walking around and tapping circle everytime the controller vibrates. 
    I found your problem! You're on the PS3. :p
    Avatar image for boomsnapclap113
    boomsnapclap113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By boomsnapclap113

Don't expect to much more from the game play. It is an adventure game. I personally loved LA Noire.  
    The story is great and it ties together pretty well. It gets a little more 3rd person shootery.  
    But if you don't like walking around pressing X, I can't say your gonna enjoy it.  
    I love adventure games though, so this game is FOR MEEEE!  

Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan
    @BoomSnapClap113 said:
    Don't expect to much more from the game play. It is an adventure game. I personally loved LA Noire.  The story is great and it ties together pretty well. It gets a little more 3rd person shootery.  But if you don't like walking around pressing X, I can't say your gonna enjoy it.  I love adventure games though, so this game is FOR MEEEE!  
    So the over-arching story is awesome then?  I love the movie Zodiac and I am hoping it will have a big story like that.
    Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Sitoxity
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Don't worry, you aren't finding something "off" about the game. You're just realizing, like a lot of people are, that the game just isn't for you. You're not finding the core gameplay fun, so it's starting to bore you. That's OKAY. Don't panic. They don't say it's a modern day point-and-click adventure game for nothing.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Sitoxity said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Don't worry, you aren't finding something "off" about the game. You're just realizing, like a lot of people are, that the game just isn't for you. You're not finding the core gameplay fun, so it's starting to bore you. That's OKAY. Don't panic. They don't say it's a modern day point-and-click adventure game for nothing.
    The face stuff can also step into uncanny valley at times. 
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RoyCampbell

Yeah well, if you continue playing, you'll find yourself as dumbfounded as I am when the biggest contrivance of contrivances happens. I can't even find the right substitute for the word "contrivance" seeing as how it's not clever at all. 

This is a spoiler. Proceed with caution!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JasonR86
    @Ahmad_Metallic

Sounds like this game wasn't meant for you.  Nothing really changes that much.  It'll either grow on you or you'll hate it.
    TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By TrashMustache

I think the story doesn't link well at all, as time went on it just felt like DLC after DLC,  the individual cases are great fun but yeah don't expect the end to make it all okay, if you accept that there's no real story , just a few ties than you might still enjoy them as individual cases,  there are however some different kinds of things you'll do, but i found them to break the game's realism

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bybeach
    @RoyCampbell

it's actually inferred he is attracted ....and so is the fact he is a bit of an unconscious hypocrite, a ladder climber. But it is not fair to limit him to such, at all. Flawed individual.
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By cstrang

I like the game.

maxB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By maxB

I love it but im also not marathoning it, im playing it one case it a time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.