Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Speedy Noire

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By teekomeeko

PSN Download Speed

You know what? People complaining about PSN download speeds are either liars, a-holes, or a-holes with slow connections. I just checked, and my speeds are about 2mb/s during off-peak hours - as in, when everyone isn't downloading everything at the same time. That's the same as I get from Steam, and almost as fast as I can get anything from the internet (I've hit 2.6 intermittently before, but it was never stable, and the 2mb/s from PSN is pretty smooth).

You know what else? I've had that type of speed for a good while with PSN (maybe a little slower, but nothing significant), so I'm incredibly confused as to why games "journalists" spread unconfirmed, unresearched misinformation about Sony's service. That's just asinine. If they are getting anything slower than what I'm getting with my not-quite top-of-the-line Cable internet, it's their fault or their location, not PSN, and I'm absolutely tired of hearing otherwise.

L.A. Noire

Man... this game is so hot. It's one of the coolest games I've ever played. Well, the parts where you're actually investigating anyway. Those parts where you're shooting at or chasing suspects? Effing terrible. This would be my game of the year if not for that. I get that doing so breaks up monotony, and it's definitely necessary for the sake of realism (occasionally a criminal wants to hightail it out of town, shooting his way past you... nothing wrong with that), but the fact that every crime in progress I've had to stop requires me to either chase or shoot, sometimes both, is lazy as hell.

Can't I help a lower-level officer find a well-hidden piece of evidence, or ask a witness questions when another detective is having a hard time getting good info? I still love the game and can't wait for more free time to get another couple cases in, but I doubt I'll give it a second run-through thanks to the previously mentioned grievances.

EDIT:

Okay, so I was going overboard a bit on those comments about people being a-holes if they have slow PSN speeds. I'm just upset that it seems to have become a fact. Download speeds vary across the globe, yet for some reason the only thing anyone says about PSN is that it's slow, which is straight up false due to being subject to location and service. I have literally not once heard anyone in the realm of video game press say anything good about PSN download speeds. This is the same type of annoyance I get with the spread of any false information, it just happens I have firsthand knowledge this time around.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By teekomeeko

PSN Download Speed

You know what? People complaining about PSN download speeds are either liars, a-holes, or a-holes with slow connections. I just checked, and my speeds are about 2mb/s during off-peak hours - as in, when everyone isn't downloading everything at the same time. That's the same as I get from Steam, and almost as fast as I can get anything from the internet (I've hit 2.6 intermittently before, but it was never stable, and the 2mb/s from PSN is pretty smooth).

You know what else? I've had that type of speed for a good while with PSN (maybe a little slower, but nothing significant), so I'm incredibly confused as to why games "journalists" spread unconfirmed, unresearched misinformation about Sony's service. That's just asinine. If they are getting anything slower than what I'm getting with my not-quite top-of-the-line Cable internet, it's their fault or their location, not PSN, and I'm absolutely tired of hearing otherwise.

L.A. Noire

Man... this game is so hot. It's one of the coolest games I've ever played. Well, the parts where you're actually investigating anyway. Those parts where you're shooting at or chasing suspects? Effing terrible. This would be my game of the year if not for that. I get that doing so breaks up monotony, and it's definitely necessary for the sake of realism (occasionally a criminal wants to hightail it out of town, shooting his way past you... nothing wrong with that), but the fact that every crime in progress I've had to stop requires me to either chase or shoot, sometimes both, is lazy as hell.

Can't I help a lower-level officer find a well-hidden piece of evidence, or ask a witness questions when another detective is having a hard time getting good info? I still love the game and can't wait for more free time to get another couple cases in, but I doubt I'll give it a second run-through thanks to the previously mentioned grievances.

EDIT:

Okay, so I was going overboard a bit on those comments about people being a-holes if they have slow PSN speeds. I'm just upset that it seems to have become a fact. Download speeds vary across the globe, yet for some reason the only thing anyone says about PSN is that it's slow, which is straight up false due to being subject to location and service. I have literally not once heard anyone in the realm of video game press say anything good about PSN download speeds. This is the same type of annoyance I get with the spread of any false information, it just happens I have firsthand knowledge this time around.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dallas_Raines

PSN has lower DL speeds for me than on XBL or Steam. I guess I'm a lying asshole, though.

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SadPatrol

Psn has slower downloads speeds than my 360. So I guess I'm an asshole too

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

Yeah, I don't know. I've had a PS3 since 2008 and have never had a slow download speed.

The fastest I've ever downloaded something was the 12GB Mass Effect 2 trial in one hour. That was pretty awesome.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Damian

I get slower performance on my 360, personally. I think there are too many factors to all be having the same experience. I wouldn't assume anyone's lying, though.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DrPockets000

Yep, I'm definitely an asshole.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Akrid

I'm pretty sure there are just a handful of areas where it's incredibly speedy, but for most people it's awful. 

Me, I get just a bit lower then usual.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.