Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

The Naked City vs A Slip of the Tongue

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By theodacourt

Hey guys, 

I just finished playing through both of these and while I realise that most people who want more L.A. Noire will probably buy both or get the great deal with the Rockstar Pass thing, I figured maybe someone doesn't want to buy both. And if that amounts to no one, then at least we can have a healthy discussion on which case is the general favourite. 

I'm starting off by saying that The Naked City was a good amount better than A Slip of the Tongue for me. Something about the nature of the group surrounding the deceased model seemed a lot more real to me and I really enjoyed uncovering what was going on. The traffic case about stolen cars was a little bit detached and seemed a bit distant and un-important. Also I think the Vice case is probably around 30 mins longer, although I was skipping almost every drive. 

Both cases can be played in the story if you got them before you reach that point in the story, but I feel that the traffic case has no bearing on anything which is pretty similar to the other traffic cases. The Vice case is only loosely tied in, but a lot of throw away comments while your strolling around are really interesting if you've already finished the game. I ran into a logic problem in the traffic case where it didn't notice I had a clue, so it straight up gave it to me soon after and Cole was real surprised about it. Both cases tend to get the tone of their respective desks right and the Vice cases in general tend to be longer than the earlier traffic ones anyway. 

At just under 200 points each if you get the pass then I think it's really good value for 1 hour - 1 hour 30 if you liked the game. I would just go with The Naked City if I had to choose one.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Nice, cheers for this! You're not wrong with your assumption, either. Thanks to the pass I'm sure plenty of people will be highly motivated to get both 8) I was expecting the Vice case to be better too; mostly because it's Vice, and Traffic in comparison is kinda timid, but also Roy as a partner is pretty bitchin'.  

With the announcement of the two other upcoming cases, one being another Vice, and the other an Arson, it appears that there won't be any more opportunities for more bantering and advice on how to be a disrespectful sexist from Rusty :P Then again, the Homicide Department had the biggest array of cases as well so you could say this helps them even out a little.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd agree that Naked City is probably better but to be honest they were both pretty high up on my list of cases I really enjoyed. The dialogue in both was excellent and there were some great characters in both. The used car salesman raises up Slip of the Tongue all by himself.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By briangodsoe

I want Jack Kelso: Insurance Claim Investigator cases. 

"You say that he was the first one to pull out of the intersection and you had the right of way? I don't belive you Mac! *Pistol Whip* GIVE ME ANSWERS!"

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee
    @briangodsoe said:
    I want Jack Kelso: Insurance Claim Investigator cases.  "You say that he was the first one to pull out of the intersection and you had the right of way? I don't belive you Mac! *Pistol Whip* GIVE ME ANSWERS!"
    I want more of him going around calling more women Princess. So smooth. Patronising, but smooth.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.