Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

The PC version seems okay by now.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

The PC port got a lot of flak because it was barely working. I bought the complete packet of L.A. Noire in some steam sale a few months back and got finally around to try it. I have a modest machine and the FPS are decent on 1920x1200 medium settings, setting up the social club account was quick and without having to leave the game, as well as I encountered no bugs in the first couple hours besides some texture popping. So if you skipped this game because you're a PC gamer, it's definitely worth picking up once it goes on sale again because the game is really a lot of fun.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DaMisterChief

I have had a steam code for it and have yet to redeem it since i picked it up on the 360 (which was fine). Anyone want to trade??

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It ran fine for me when I got it and it looked great when I forced some anti-aliasing options. I completed it without any notable problems. However when I tried to play it again a couple of months back I just got a black screen on startup. It's safe to say that I didn't do anything to break the game between completing it and starting it up again, considering I didn't touch it at all. I searched around for a solution without managing to discover anything apart from the fact that the black screen was a known issue for some people.

I just tried to start it again and - yep, still no go. I've tried all the suggested fixes for this problem barring the complete 12Gb re-download, which I can't be bothered with. So it's safe to say this game is still a bit wobbly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.