Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

This game just never ends.

Animespara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Animespara

Lol. Honestly.. its been like 12 hours already with the game hinting of an ending, but nooooooo lets add another 3 hours.. but wait!! lets add another 5 or 7 hours. 

If anyone has played this game.. you can probably recall all those women murders that take place, well... but what happened? the game didn't end once that huge case was finished and it didn't even make a big deal out of it in the end. Let me admit.. i like the game but its just getting so damn boring.. from the lame missions to the boring investigations it just doesn't seem to end and its definitely a game that i wouldn't want to 100%

Did you get this same feeling wen playing L.A. Noire? or is it just me =/

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Fact that you like the game, though finding the missions and investigations - the core of the game, to be a snooze, puzzles me.  

And no, I did not have the same feeling. Quite the opposite, I was sad when the game was over because I loved the investigations. I had my gripes, sure, like homicide having too much focus on the serial killer thing. But not the ones you have.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I enjoyed the length. I couldn't play it for longer than around 3 hours because repetition would set in fairly quickly. It was a bloody brilliant game to head into, complete a case or two, then take a break for a day. It was pretty much part of my routine within the day, and I admit I found it pretty sucky that's its over. Replaying the cases isn't all that fun either, since all I want to do is speed through the bits to where I f'ed up on my first attempt.

Animespara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Animespara

The game started pretty well.. with that 1950's vibe that i really appreciate and some of the early investigations were really interesting and fun.. though not all of the game was like that and the optional missions were extremely disappointing. If it was me giving it a review on this site, i'd give it a 3 out of 5.

I honestly enjoyed heavy rain more and that was a very unique game, such as this one. Its really hard to compare both since their quite different but it still has some layer of comparison. 

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

You'll probably understand why the game keeps going on once you reach the Arson section of the game.   Also the newspapers and the flashbacks, all tie in neatly at the end of the game.   It's not just a story about cole phelps rise to fame, it's about a group of marines from the same platoon and their fates crossing paths once again in Los Angeles after the War.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By PillClinton

oh, it does, and it's really silly.  

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

I'm glad that the game isn't any shorter. Anyway, there's way more to the story than just a bunch of women being murdered. If you're bored with it, then simply stop playing,

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

If your bored with the game at that point there is no point in you playing any more.  Finished this today and damn was it amazing.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I can confirm that the game does indeed end. 

Animespara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Animespara
    @Axxol: Nope. I got the game for 60$ and i want to get the most out of it. I'm not that type of gamer.. wen i buy a game i intend on finishing it, unless of course its broken or something then i'll obviously stop playing it and sell it somewhere. Criticizing a game can sometimes result in a good thing, some developers actually pay attention to forums around the web to get feedback for their future titles.

It doesn't work that way axxol, though i would understand if some spoiled brats would do that.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By natetodamax

I was never bored during the 20 or so hours it took me to finish the game.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rjayb89
    Wait until you get into the other Homicide desk. So many uncircumcised penises. So many.
    Animespara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Animespara
    @SethPhotopoulos: I'm not up to that point yet, but the game is still pretty boring.. not FFXIII boring, but thats another story.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BraveToaster
    @Animespara said:
    @Axxol: Nope. I got the game for 60$ and i want to get the most out of it. I'm not that type of gamer.. wen i buy a game i intend on finishing it, unless of course its broken or something then i'll obviously stop playing it and sell it somewhere. Criticizing a game can sometimes result in a good thing, some developers actually pay attention to forums around the web to get feedback for their future titles.    It doesn't work that way axxol, though i would understand if some spoiled brats would do that.
    I don't think being a spoiled brat has anything to do with this.  

Saying "LOL this game is boring", doesn't really help the developers that much.
    Animespara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Animespara
    @Axxol: I gave my reasons as to why its boring to me. Its my opinion though, which is as valuable as any.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Axxol said:
    @Animespara said:
    @Axxol: Nope. I got the game for 60$ and i want to get the most out of it. I'm not that type of gamer.. wen i buy a game i intend on finishing it, unless of course its broken or something then i'll obviously stop playing it and sell it somewhere. Criticizing a game can sometimes result in a good thing, some developers actually pay attention to forums around the web to get feedback for their future titles.    It doesn't work that way axxol, though i would understand if some spoiled brats would do that.
    I don't think being a spoiled brat has anything to do with this.   Saying "LOL this game is boring", doesn't really help the developers that much.
    Yeah you probably have to be a bit more specific in what makes the cases boring, and suggest what to do to improve with them, in order to call that "feedback to the developers".
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Animespara said:

@SethPhotopoulos: I'm not up to that point yet, but the game is still pretty boring.. not FFXIII boring, but thats another story.  

If you are getting nothing from this game trade it in or sell it on ebay.  If you aren't even half way done and you don't like it stop playing.

Animespara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Animespara
    @PhatSeeJay: If i were to do that.. then this would probably turn into a blog thread, which i didn't want. Wanted to keep this thread short and simple, it wasn't intended on being a review since i haven't even finished it.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By BBQBram

Sounds like you just don't like the genre and the style at all.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nekroskop

Come back in 5 years, kid. *Takes a sip of whiskey*

tenderbrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tenderbrew

I agree with him. I was immediately drawn into the game when I first popped it in, but by the time I got to the end of the fifth (?) homicide case that was literally exactly the same as the other 4, it started to drag. The story beats have been the only thing keeping me going as Vice freshened it up and Arson freshened it up even more (especially near the very end, cool twist).  I wish the missions had more variety to them. Not variety in the sense that they shouldn't go a) investigation b) question c) etc. That's fine, just different circumstances. I actually had a ton of fun doing the non-story missions and enjoyed those all very much. 

Still a very good game, but it definitely slows in the middle and seems to drag if you're on a long gaming session.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dookysharpgun

I'd say you're about right with what you think. The Homicide desk is the most interesting section of the game, and really worked well, but when it ends, it feels like everything else was just shoehorned into it, without exposition. You can't just stick a story into a game and decide that its good enough for the player to go through, without at least hinting at it in a manner that people can comprehend. The shift in tone and contrived feeling that I got after starting Vice made me think 'Why is this game still going? I just finished the best part!'

AP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AP3
    @Dookysharpgun said:
    I'd say you're about right with what you think. The Homicide desk is the most interesting section of the game, and really worked well, but when it ends, it feels like everything else was just shoehorned into it, without exposition. You can't just stick a story into a game and decide that its good enough for the player to go through, without at least hinting at it in a manner that people can comprehend. The shift in tone and contrived feeling that I got after starting Vice made me think 'Why is this game still going? I just finished the best part!'
    I'm finding the same thing. I've finished a couple Vice cases and now the game is really slowing down for me. I loved all of the homicide cases and I feel as if the Vice desk just isn't as exciting yet. The reason I keep going is because I want to see what the Arson desk is all about.
    Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dookysharpgun
    @AP3: Oh don't worry, this game takes its sweet time...it just didn't work for me, its like Mexico in RDR, it was really slow and far too long, but at least RDR picked up again, LA Noire just didn't recover from the arthritically slow speed that plagued it  during the Vice cases
    hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hoossy

I still really like the game...  but I'll admit it felt like a lot of really great ideas that weren't always executed to their fullest extent... like LA Noire was always on the cusp of something great, 
    So close!     

(but I'm still a fan for sure)

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gnomicidal: i felt pretty much the same, in fact after most of the way through homicide i wasn't feeling very positive about the game at all. 
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ryanwho

Great shows can get tiring if you binge on them for 20 hours straight too. So maybe play the game like a normal person.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By theguy

This game and Mad Men really make me want to wear a suit and hat and have a drinks bar in my office and drink whiskey all the time.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By GunstarRed

I did have to stop playing  the game for a day  after finishing the Homicide desk, It was quite exhausting at points. I enjoyed the game a lot but there were definately points hours before the end where I was ready for the game to be over.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30  Edited By Yanngc33

It's no RDR cattle hearding

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Edin899
    @Animespara said:
    Lol. Honestly.. its been like 12 hours already with the game hinting of an ending, but nooooooo lets add another 3 hours.. but wait!! lets add another 5 or 7 hours.   If anyone has played this game.. you can probably recall all those women murders that take place, well... but what happened? the game didn't end once that huge case was finished and it didn't even make a big deal out of it in the end. Let me admit.. i like the game but its just getting so damn boring.. from the lame missions to the boring investigations it just doesn't seem to end and its definitely a game that i wouldn't want to 100%  Did you get this same feeling wen playing L.A. Noire? or is it just me =/
    I feel the same bro
    Jack_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jack_Frost

I started playing on launch day and then took a long break to complete the entirety of LEGO Pirates (which I enjoyed quite a bit more) and eventually went back to the thing and finished it.

You're right, it gets really old pretty quick. It does end, but that end is really contrived and unsatisfying.

Goddamnit, I wanted to like this game so much!

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I always knew when the game was going to end, because it's obvious that there are 21 cases and the Status screen tells you how many you've completed.

tenderbrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tenderbrew

People think homicide was the high of the game? I must disagree with where I felt like I was having the most fun. Traffic, Vice,  and Arson. Short, sweet, impactful, and varied, compared with 5 verbatim Homicide ho-hum missions...

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dookysharpgun
    protomessiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By protomessiah

Good review of the game, interesting thoughts raised in it.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By haggis
    @Animespara said:
    Lol. Honestly.. its been like 12 hours already with the game hinting of an ending, but nooooooo lets add another 3 hours.. but wait!! lets add another 5 or 7 hours.   If anyone has played this game.. you can probably recall all those women murders that take place, well... but what happened? the game didn't end once that huge case was finished and it didn't even make a big deal out of it in the end. Let me admit.. i like the game but its just getting so damn boring.. from the lame missions to the boring investigations it just doesn't seem to end and its definitely a game that i wouldn't want to 100%  Did you get this same feeling wen playing L.A. Noire? or is it just me =/
    From the beginning, the devs said it was like two television series worth of cases. So there's two short arcs, which overlap in certain ways. The first arc ends at homicide, then the second arc kicks in. What happened in the first oen? There was that big set-piece chase through the church, where you catch the actual killer. How could you miss that? The second arc is about the fires.
    PieGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By PieGuy

I just started Vice. I've been doing a case an evening but homicide really dragged. I liked the overall story I just wished they broke up the dead women with other cases. It would have been nice to do two different homicide cases unrelated then have a dead woman again. It would add suspence thinking you have gotten the killer too.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Sooty

It does drag on a lot.

ConstantRa1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ConstantRa1n
    @Animespara said:
    I'm not happy with a game unless I can get 30 + hours from it and you're complaining after only 12?! Wth.
    LollerskateDJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LollerskateDJ

I like having a long game, I feel like I got my 60 bucks worth. Then again, I am used to long games.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By phish09

I thought it ended...otherwise they just ran the credits in the middle of the damn game.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sayishere

I do know what you mean regarding the Homicide desk which was a very long set of cases which were all very similiar i,e, you visit bars to get information etc etc, but by the end it REALLY picks up and its amazing.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I really enjoyed it, and I got 100%.
    SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SeanFoster

I just beat the game this weekend. I found I'd get bored if I did more than a couple of cases at a time so I started spacing it out and enjoyed the experience much more.

Loopah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Loopah

I was pretty happy with the length of the game.  I did notice a little bit of repetitiveness but just as that feeling was ramping up there would be an awesome break in a case or a sweet action scene.  The end mission itself is worth it overall, IMO.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dylabaloo

If it ended after homicide that would be completely stupid!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.