Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

What Would Make LA Noire Better

• 60 results
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Yanngc33

A better way to tell if someone is lying or doubting

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By haggis

More diversity in the cases. Three times as many of them as well. At least. Add a second dimension to interrogations (say, a more good cop/bad cop dimension, to give us some say in the attitude we take with suspects). A bit less hand-holding with evidence (give us some red herrings). Ability to revisit crime scenes in cases that are somehow connected to each other. Missions that aren't cases, to flesh out the private lives of the characters. Less open world, and instead give us larger, more detailed crime scenes. Fewer paint-by-numbers chases. Better shooting set-pieces. Less boring driving. Drop the stupid collection bits. Give us some real RPG elements instead of the superfluous leveling system the game offered. A better story with a better ending.

And that's just off the top of my head. I enjoyed the game, but it really needed to bake a bit longer before they released it. It still seems like the game was an excuse to put out this accurate model of 1947 Los Angeles that they built. It's an interesting concept, and they have some great tech in the game, but in many ways it feels like a tech demo.

fishinwithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By fishinwithguns
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

Cole Phelps having a fucking life. 
     jumping from one investigation to another constantly, doing the same song and dance, killed the game for me. You don't do anything else.. 

What, did you think you'd be going on dates and going out drinking with Dwayne and Playboy X?  The person playing the game is supposed to have a life, not the character you're playing, that way you won't long to see a life simulation in a game.  Investigation is the whole point of the game.  What else were you expecting to do?
    Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By Dreamfall31

sheesh...if you guys wanted fucking GTA then go play some fucking GTA.  There are like what 4 or 5 of them?  LA Noire is a cop procedural adventure game with 'some' action.  I can't believe that everyone came to it thinking it'd be the same crazy openworld do whatever you want game.  This was developed by a company who hadn't made any of the previous GTA games, Rockstar only picked it up to publish it.  I think the Rockstar name automatically means fuck shit up in a sandbox world to everyone. 

That being said I would have liked more cases that weren't all the same guy in the end, yet you wrongly arrest like 6 wrong people.   It was totally unsatisfying to work through whole cases and "figure out" who did it, only to have all of them be one guy.  I hope there are more DLC cases to come.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @FoxMulder said:
    I hope there are more DLC cases to come.
    Two are in the pipeline. The 'Nicholson Electroplating' arson case (coming this Tuesday) and the 'Reefer Madness' vice case (coming July 12th). So far, it seems that there won't be any more DLC cases after those two.
    Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Dreamfall31
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @FoxMulder said:
    I hope there are more DLC cases to come.
    Two are in the pipeline. The 'Nicholson Electroplating' arson case (coming this Tuesday) and the 'Reefer Madness' vice case (coming July 12th). So far, it seems that there won't be any more DLC cases after those two.
    ah well that's lame...I bet if it was Rockstar who developed it we'd have some sort of crazy spinoff like Red Dead had with the Undead Nightmare stuff.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By LiquidPrince

Nolan North's face.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @FoxMulder said: 
    ah well that's lame...I bet if it was Rockstar who developed it we'd have some sort of crazy spinoff like Red Dead had with the Undead Nightmare stuff.
    I bet we wouldn't. It seems that Team Bondi's crazy camera technology's too costly and/or time consuming to be able to create lengthy DLC such as Undead Nightmare (not to mention hiring a bunch of new talent to play all of the new characters, NPCs and such). That's probably the reason why we won't see any more DLC after the two announced cases, too.
    Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Revolver

Hmmm...Batman?

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By niamahai

physical interrogation. mostly involving the abuse of genitals.

or lady criminals. they were severely missing from LA Noire.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.