Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Why I Didnt Like LA Noire As Much As You

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AndyWilliams24

I found this interesting article earlier about LA Noire and how the mainstream press ignored a lot of its faults, and how it got very high scores despite it. The guy made a very good point throughout the article, so I thought i'd share it with you guys to see what you think.

Check it out:Why I Didn't Like L.A Noire As Much As You

Do you agree with what the guy says? I agree with a few things such as the interrogation, but some things I thought were better than he let on - such as the punishment system in the game if you fail questioning or miss out on clues.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I think that if a games high points greatly outweigh the faults, it deserves high scores. I loved almost everything about it, and don't really care if the driving wasn't great, or whatever else people complained about.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mnzy

Many people didn't love LA Noire and it still good amazing reviews. I find that pretty interesting and there must be reasons for that I don't understand and he doesn't really guess what they are either.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Heltom92

Yea it feels like the game got good reviews when it came out, but the negative feedback has become more frequent since the reviews.

Mr402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Mr402

I made it about half way through when I realized that I really wasn't digging it as much as I anticipated.   Mainly the formula of going to the crime scene, walking around gathering evidence then returning to the station for interrogations started to wear thin really quickly.   Also it felt like they shoe horned in the open world elements which was more then likely Rockstars influence on the development.    Honestly I believe if the name Rockstar games wasn't on the cover the game's scores would have run in the 8's at most.   

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Giantstalker

Going to have to agree with the sentiment in the article, and with some of the other posters in this thread. I'm about halfway through LA Noire and I just don't have a desire to return or complete it. Certainly didn't grab me the way Red Dead Redemption or GTA IV did; for better or for worse the points stated in the article just seem to be the truth to me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.