Lady Killer (known in Japan as Moeyo Gonta!!) is a top-down action-puzzle eroge developed and released by Mitchell for arcades on December 1993.
Players control a diver known as Gonta as he flips tiles over on a 6×8 grid by diving in and out of the playfield, revealing the picture underneath the tiles he flips. While underwater, he can avoid most enemies; however, he only has a limited amount of time before he drowns. Revealed tiles cannot be entered or exited, and players complete levels by revealing all tiles.
As an adult eroge, each stage is based on one of eight women, whose pictures get more revealing as the level progresses.
In Lady Killer your goal is to flip around all the panels on the grid based level while avoiding/destroying the enemies that are wandering around. The game only uses the joystick and one button, you move your character, a diver around with the joystick and press the action button to make him dive when he is not underwater and resurface when he is. Whenever you make your character dive or resurface the panel in which you do so will turn around revealing a part of the picture of a woman more or less undressed. You destroy enemies by diving on or resurfacing under them. Enemies will respawn after a short period. It is impossible though to dive or resurface in a panel that you already turned around. Once the player managed to turn around all the panels the level will be complete and the full image of the undressing woman will be displayed before the next level will start in which there will be harder enemies but also the same lady with less clothes on.
Once a stage completed the player will be rewarded by a moving image of the lady who has just been undressed masturbating in various ways with various objects and animals (yes animals) however in order to see the full picture the player will have to move the joystick around as fast as possible.
The game is divided in stages (the different ladies) and those stages are divided in levels (amounts of clothes). The first six stages can be started at random however the last 2 will be in a set order
Between levels the player may encounter 2 different mini games. these minigames are:
- Shuffle puzzle: A small shuffle puzzle with an erotic image on it that has to be solved in 10 seconds.
- Find the number: A grid with numbers will show up and the player will have to click the number that is indicated, once clicked a new number will have to be clicked until the player reaches the set number of correct clicks needed, all in a short time frame.
The different Stages
There are a total of 8 stages in Lady Killer each in a different location, the locations of the different stages are:
- New York
Luckily there are also power ups in Lady Killer that help you complete the grid and dispo se of enemies in a more effective manner. Power ups appear on turned tiles when they are turned. The different power ups are:
- Swimming palm: two seconds will be added the time the player has left to stay underwater
- Airtank: two seconds will be added the time the player has left to stay underwater
- All Vertical: The next time the player will dive or submerge all the tiles on a vertical line form the position where the player is will turn (unless there is a turned tile in the way)
- All Horizontal: The next time the player will dive or submerge all the tiles on a horizontal line form the position where the player is will turn (unless there is a turned tile in the way)
- All vert horizontal: The next time the player will dive or submerge all the tiles on a vertical land horizontal line form the position where the player is will turn (unless there is a turned tile in the way)
- Extra Life: In very rare occasions an extra life power up will appear on when a tile is turned.
The number and type of enemies you will encounter depends of the number of levels you have already beat. Most of the enemies appear above water and wont be able to hit you when you are diving but in the later levels there are also submarine ennemies. The different enemies are:
- Sweeper: The Sweeper just walks around and will now and then run in a strait line brushing the "floor".
- Skier: Skiers will zig zag the play field at a relatively high speed.
- Rose femme fatale: Will walk around over the play field for a while and than stop to shoot a small burst of bullets with a machine gun.
- Yellow Gangster: Just walks around, does jump away when the player emerges from under him
- Red Gangster: Simular to the yellow gangster but shoots cannon balls and throws knifes
- Bumper Mines: Bumper Mines will bounce from one side of the play field to the other until destroyed, they also appear under water.
- Submarine: Submarines will submerge to go under water and shoot homing missiles at the player.
- Kung Fu guy: Will walk up to the player and trie and hit the diver with his sword.
- Kung Fu master: Shoots fireballs at a fast rate at the player.