Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Caitlyn + Skin free in new issue of PC Gamer.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EmptyApartment
    No Caption Provided

Just wanted to give a heads up for any big skin fanatics out there (like me lol) or maybe you just want to pick up a new champ, that Caitlyn along with an Exclusive Caitlyn skin (pictured below) will be included with the upcoming Nov. issue of the US PC Gamer (LoL is the cover story). Supposedly issue will be hitting shelves on the 13th of this month. I'll be picking up my issue at Frys as soon as I can :)

*UPDATE #1* Sadly for EU players it looks like the code will only work on NA servers (comes as surprise b/c of all other previous skin codes being cross server compatible), was able to find a RIOT employees post on the EU LoL forums conforming so "Sadly no, the codes are just for NA, the wont work in our platform." Link to RIOT post - http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=3802386

*UPDATE #2* It has also come to light that the Caitlyn skin will be a "timed exclusive". "PC Gamer gets this skin first as a temporary exclusive. It will be made available in the store at a later date."-RIOT employee's post from the US LoL forums. Link to RIOT post http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=13811842#post13811842

*UPDATE #3* I was able to grab an issue at Walmart (took going to 2 of them, after I got a tip some walmarts put copies out). BE WARNED sadly the mag does not come in any packaging or plastic sleeve, so hopefully the store you pick your copy up at does not have a scumbag go through and write/phone pic all the codes :/

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nukesniper

I'll look into this. I don't know that I've played that character, but I certainly might weigh the contents of that magazine against the price to possibly pick up a cool character and costume. Thanks for the heads up.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Fuck yeah free champ. I just started getting into LoL so I will take all the free shit I can get.

I was already interested in this issue for the Dominion content, so this is just an added bonus.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RTSlord

i dont want to be that guy, but if anyone gets pc game but doesnt care about LoL, can they hook me up with the code?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By valrog

Is that for all PC Gamers or only English ones? Aww man, they stopped selling PC Gamer here. Oh well, default Caitlyn is still awesome.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TobbRobb

Does region matter? Because PC gamer is pretty damn different depending on where you are.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard

Urgh yay, now there will be a load more Caitlyns.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By CheapPoison

Only American Pc gamer i think.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Azteck

What a surprise that the US gets free stuff in LoL and Europe doesn't! That's never ever happened before ever!

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gike987

So is this for PC gamer US or PC gamer UK?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By valrog
    @CheapPoison said:
    Only American Pc gamer i think.
    =(
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By Chris2KLee

Hmm, might have to get my bro to grab me a copy.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EmptyApartment

added a sneak peak of the cover..

@gike987 said:

I am not 100% but I believe that it is US PC Gamer.

Sucks for those outside of the US but if anyone wants to pay for the mag and cover shipping I could probably send a few out if anyone really wants one.

@nukesniper said:

I'll look into this. I don't know that I've played that character, but I certainly might weigh the contents of that magazine against the price to possibly pick up a cool character and costume. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem and yeah Caitlyn is pretty sweet. She is a ranged AD champ that is currently pretty strong.

@LordXavierBritish said:

Fuck yeah free champ. I just started getting into LoL so I will take all the free shit I can get. I was already interested in this issue for the Dominion content, so this is just an added bonus.

lol word...I am guessing you already got the the free Tristina and Tristina skin then from liking the LoL facebook page?

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Samaritan

Awesome! Always wondered how you got Arctic Caitlyn. Thanks for the heads-up.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By chilibean_3

Thanks for the heads up.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DougQuaid

Sweet! free champion and a kick ass skin to go with her? I'm all over that!

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By valrog

Does this work the same as other promotional codes? The same can be used on different regions?

Anyway, the artwork of Katarina on the cover is so much better than her current one.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wuddel

@EmptyApartment said:

added a sneak peak of the cover..

@gike987 said:

I am not 100% but I believe that it is US PC Gamer.

Sucks for those outside of the US but if anyone wants to pay for the mag and cover shipping I could probably send a few out if anyone really wants one.

How much is one magazine? If not too much I would just need the code via e-mail and paypal the money.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I use her. Anyone got a extra code? She is my fav hero to use. 

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By emergency

Damnit. I wouldn't have minded a reason to buy PC Gamer UK.

crapneck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crapneck

marketing win. i will be buying this

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Detrian

I want the champ itself real bad. Someone hook me up with a code and I'll send you some stuff over Steam.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DystopiaX

@emergency said:

Damnit. I wouldn't have minded a reason to buy PC Gamer UK.

Same. Don't feel like promoting US PC gamer.

edit- some Barnes and noble's near me carry Edge (UK) which is sweet. UK gaming mags in general are better than US ones.

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Detrian
    By the way, apparently the code WON'T WORK IN EU SERVERS so there you go.

@Azteck said:
    What a surprise that the US gets free stuff in LoL and Europe doesn't! That's never ever happened before ever!
    Yeah, damn PC Gamer for not giving free codes to a bunch of countries they don't even exist in. Europe has had it's own promos so stop whining.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By valrog
    @Detrian said:
    By the way, apparently the code WON'T WORK IN EU SERVERS so there you go.
    Damn.

@Detrian said:
    Yeah, damn PC Gamer for not giving free codes to a bunch of countries they don't even exist in.
    Well, quite a few countries have PC Gamer. Though They're all pretty different.
    traynrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By traynrek

Anyone know when this issue will be available?

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Detrian
    @TRAYNREK said:
    God knows. I've heard next week, the 16th and flat out November.
    EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EmptyApartment

wow like Detrian mentioned above looks like the codes might be for EU only, wasnt sure at first but looked into it and found a post by a Riot employee on the EU forums stating "Sadly no, the codes are just for NA, the wont work in our platform."

link to his post - http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=3802386 it is the 3rd post down

@TRAYNREK said

the original Games Radar article I read said the mag will hit shelves on Sept 13, do not know how concrete that is but i'll be sure to post as soon as pick up copy

EDIT* Dang just found something else out lol, the caitlyn skin will be a "timed exclusive" meaning it will eventually be available in the LoL store at a later time, RIOT post "PC Gamer gets this skin first as a temporary exclusive. It will be made available in the store at a later date." So that is a lot different than I was expecting, thought it was going to be a PC Gamer only type skin.

link to RIOT post http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=13811842#post13811842

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Detrian

Well, apparently the magazine is out in places so if you see a code hook a brother up.

traynrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By traynrek

Thanks, I'll be on the look out. I'll report back if I get my hands on one.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EmptyApartment

So got a tip some walmarts had put copies put, it took going to two of them but was able to grab a copy from Walmart. I was able to redeem the skin code just fine but BE WARNED that the mag does not come in any sleeve or wrapping or anything like that so hopefully whatever store you go to doesn't have some scumbag go through and write/phone pic all the codes before you pick up your copy :/

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Detrian

Yeah, Walmart is the place where I've heard most reports of people buying them. Here's a preview of the skin and her animations:

I wish the coat was red to go with the whole soviet thing but it's a pretty cool skin.  It will also be on the store sometime so European players and people who can't get a code can still get her.

I'm still looking for a code too, in case anyone is willing to barter for one.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By jakob187

Arctic Warfare Caitlyn isn't an exclusive. That skin has been out for a bit now.

Also, can anyone confirm whether or not the code inside is only for the Arctic Warfare skin, or do you get Caitlyn the champ as well? If you get both, then that's a great package. One of the better ranged AD carry champs in the game IMO.

Cr0ssbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cr0ssbow

Picked one up at the local Safeway but the code is invalid, someone must have copied down the code and took it for themselves. Why these weren't sealed is beyond me. Submitted a ticket with a picture of my code and a receipt, so here's hopin'...

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EmptyApartment

@jakob187 said:

Arctic Warfare Caitlyn isn't an exclusive. That skin has been out for a bit now.

Also, can anyone confirm whether or not the code inside is only for the Arctic Warfare skin, or do you get Caitlyn the champ as well? If you get both, then that's a great package. One of the better ranged AD carry champs in the game IMO.

The skin has mentioned in the updated original post is currently a timed exclusive to PC Gamer, but yes it will at some later currently unannounced time, be available for purchase in the LoL store. Also to answer your question, yup if you enter the code and currently do not own Cait, the champ itself will also be unlocked. I agree she def one of the better ranged AD's at the moment.

@Cr0ssbow said:

Picked one up at the local Safeway but the code is invalid, someone must have copied down the code and took it for themselves. Why these weren't sealed is beyond me. Submitted a ticket with a picture of my code and a receipt, so here's hopin'...

Sorry to hear that but yeah hear from the forums its pretty common, but also many are getting the problem resolved so if you already submitted a ticked it should get taken care of.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.