Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

New left 4 dead 2 DLC hitting on July 24

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By connerthekewlkid

Valve announced that new DLC for left 4 dead 2 will be coming on july 24 and it will be called cold stream. The add-on will be available for PC, Mac and Xbox 360. For Xbox players, the content also includes the original Left 4 Dead’s Blood Harvest, Crash Course, Dead Air and Death Toll campaigns. it has been in beta since march of 2011 and there will be some surprises for fans. im mostly surprised there any more DLC to begin with

No Caption Provided

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/02/left-4-dead-2-cold-stream-dlc-coming-in-july

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Heltom92

What the hell took so long? Haven't played this game in ages but I remember it being in beta last time I played.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Joker369

I assume it's free on PC?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By valrog

I'm glad Valve didn't abandon it. Also, I'm expecting hats.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Heltom92: i honestly have no idea

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Joker369: doesnt say

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

I got bored of this game already, though. It's fun for a game or two every now and then but I'm not wanting to play it every night, or even every month. Once in a blue moon.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TheHT

holy shit it's actually coming out. thought it would stay in beta forever.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Phatmac

I still play it once in a while. I still wonder why it took this long for this to come out.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ravenlight

Coldstream has been kicking around in pretty much official form for awhile now on the PC. Good news for the three of you still playing L4D2 on Xbox, I guess.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Love me some Left 4 Dead. Cold Stream is a bit old news (on the PC) but what the hell. I'll gladly go through it again on the Xbox!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BisonHero

@Ravenlight said:

Coldstream has been kicking around in pretty much official form for awhile now on the PC. Good news for the three of you still playing L4D2 on Xbox, I guess.

This was my reaction as well. The campaign really isn't that great (especially since, by design, it has no new dialogue), and while Left 4 Dead 2 peaked at 10,000 players today on Steam, I bet that is absolutely not even close to true for the Xbox 360, and I also bet that 360 owners sold their copies back to Gamestop millennia ago.

Sorry guys, but console players are not going to buy this subpar campaign, and even PC players probably aren't going to play it much relative to the other much better campaigns.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @BisonHero said:

@Ravenlight said:

This was my reaction as well. The campaign really isn't that great (especially since, by design, it has no new dialogue), and while Left 4 Dead 2 peaked at 10,000 players today on Steam, I bet that is absolutely not even close to true for the Xbox 360, and I also bet that 360 owners sold their copies back to Gamestop millennia ago.

Sorry guys, but console players are not going to buy this subpar campaign, and even PC players probably aren't going to play it much relative to the other much better campaigns.

It's been several months since I've played it, but last time I did, there were still quite a few people playing the 360 version.  I'm sure there are at least enough people to not have trouble getting full versus games going, and I'm also willing to be this DLC will bring a lot of people back, such as myself. I think the fact that it includes all of the remaining L4D1 maps is enticing enough to certain people to come back to it. It's not like there are any similar experiences to be had on that console, so there will almost always be a core community.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By KowalskiManDown

So much for July 24th...

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By fattony12000

@Creamypies: What do you mean? It downloaded for me as of about 18:00 today, the 24th of July, 2012.

Product Update - Valve

18:00

Updates to Left 4 Dead 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- Made all mutations accessible from the main menu

CRASH COURSE

Crash Course 1:

- Fixed survivors being able to climb into infected-only territory from the top of the white truck in the early alley.

- Survivors can no longer leave the map bounds near the riverfront.

- Closed off a shortcut method to bypass the howitzer event.

Crash Course 2:

- Survivors can no longer jump on the generators in the finale area.

DEATH TOLL

Death Toll 1:

- Moved car near the tunnel entrance away from the drooping traffic light, as standing on parts of the car near the traffic signal could put you into a permanently stuck position.

- Moved a traffic sign that allowed survivors to climb the drooping traffic light prop up to the top of the tunnel entrance.

Death Toll 2:

- Added an infected ladder leading in to the upper pipe in the large drain room.

- Survivors should no longer be able to cross the bridge-lowering event before the bridge has fully lowered.

- Survivors should no longer be able to access the infected-only areas toward the end of the level.

- Survivors should no longer be able to leave the playable areas of the map from the areas beyond the saferoom.

Death Toll 3:

- Added "Checkpoint" flag to the nav square at the end of the intro saferoom to prevent versus rounds from starting when survivors stand next to the door.

- Removed a nav square by the next-level saferoom door to prevent infected players from standing there to prevent the round ending.

- Tweaked saferoom level transition trigger brushes to prevent infected players outside of the saferoom preventing the transition.

Death Toll 4:

- Players can no longer access the right-hand corner just outside the starting saferoom. This is to address a permanent-stuck spot when the saferoom door is opened.

- Survivors can no longer climb over the van in the ally leading to the onslaught area, which allowed them to skip most of the level.

- Survivors should no longer be able to leave the map/enter infected-only areas outside of the onslaught even street.

Death Toll 5:

- Made the roof of the picnic area inaccessible to survivors. This resolves an invincible spot.

- Players can no longer jump on the electric box prop facing the water on the side of the lakehouse.

DEAD AIR

Dead Air 1:

- Moved a bookshelf in front of the window in the second interior area (before the ladder climb) to prevent players from skipping parts of the level.

Dead Air 2:

- Move the trailer below the office building out of jumping range to prevent players skipping the offices.

Dead Air 3:

- Moved the fence and fence-climbing props at the entrance to the construction yard further back into the alleyway.

- Several tweaks to the area near the construction yard to prevent survivors from setting off the barricade fire event before they enter the event arena.

- Boarded up a window in the construction yard to address survivors accessing an invincible area.

- Survivors should no longer be able to jump over the barricade.

Dead Air 4:

- Infected players should no longer get stuck climbing over the rubble that divides the start of the map from the balcony leading to the escalator side .

Dead Air 5:

- Fixed a visual bug caused by a cube map being hidden inside of a prop.

BLOOD HARVEST

Blood Harvest 1:

- Survivors should no longer be able to leave the map by jumping to the left toward the end of the rope bridge..

Blood Harvest 2:

- It is no longer possible for survivors to climb in the vent above the alarm room.

- Survivors can no longer stand on the horizontal pipes under the catwalk in the area following the alarm door event.

- The high pipes along the sides of the train tunnel are no longer accessible to survivors.

Blood Harvest 4:

- The roof of the starting safe room is no longer accessible to survivors..

- Survivors can no longer jump on top of the “Richardson Atlantic” building.

Blood Harvest 5:

-Removed some of the crossbeams in the hay storage building.

COLD STREAM

Cold Stream 1:

- AI infected can now access the roof of the watchtower.

- Survivors can no longer jump on top of the roof of the single-storey cabin at the far end of the area after the rope bridge.

Cold Stream 2:

- It should no longer be possible for survivors to jump up to the top of the tunnel entrance pipe near the start of the map.

- Survivors should no longer be able to jump over the fence on the bridge toward the end, skipping the barrel explosion event.

- Changed the M60 spawns into weapon_item_spawn to be more mutation friendly.

Cold Stream 3:

- The walls toward the back of the bridge (opposite of the direction players go to progress the level) are no longer accessible to survivors. This is to prevent survivors from getting into infected-only areas below the bridge, which they may not be able to escape from.

- Changed the M60 spawns into weapon_item_spawn to be more mutation friendly.

Cold Stream 4:

- Hooked up a quick conversation between the chopper pilot and the triggering survivor.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By KowalskiManDown

@Fattony12000: For Steam, sure... but the 360 users have basically been left in the dark.

Granted, I own the game on both platforms, but was looking forward to a good old fashioned L4D2 session with my mates (who all own the 360 version).

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@BisonHero said:

@Ravenlight said:

I'd pay to have all the original L4D campaigns though

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

There are better user made campaigns out there for L4D2 than Cold Stream. It's cool that 360 owners are getting anything tho I guess at this point.

Kind of makes me want to jump back into L4D2 a bit this weekend, on the PC tho obviously :).

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By golguin

So any word on when this stuff will come out for the 360?

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bell_End

Valve should of charged PC for the DLC gamers after the embarassing L4D boycott fiasco a few years back because PC gamers though L4D2 was coming out a little to soon for their liking.

wonder how many are still boycotting valve over that

marmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By marmalade

@BisonHero said:

Just out of curiosity, what constitutes a good campaign? I only played a little of the first Left 4 Dead, from what I remember they were all about getting from point A to B. Is it the map designs that make a campaign good? Are there objectives to do now? Just curious.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BisonHero

@jyluth: Yeah, you're right about them being all point A to B, so it is about the map design. Each campaign in Left 4 Dead is split into 4-5 sections/maps, with a loading screen in between each one. All I really ask is that each section feel a little different. Having a cool setting for the finale also helps. It's a decent campaign if I'm able to describe it to a friend I had just played it with, and I can say "remember that part where we were beside the [thing] and had to climb over the [other thing] but we got attacked", and he knows what area I was talking about.

With Cold Stream, the only description I can give is "Remember the part where we were constantly funneled along this boring stream/artificial corridor, and occasionally there were trees, some highway, and chainlink fences?" It's an incredibly dull, uninteresting environment, and there's also one section where it pretty much steals the bridge sequence from the official campaign The Parish, and manages to make it less interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.