Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

People Hating on L4D2

• 70 results
    Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Monopolized

Why can't anyone be happy, The game hopefully comes out and it will be good it's a valve game they still deliver after all these years.

2 things:

People not liking incendiary ammo, Why not bullets that light people on fire is cool, bullets that light zombies on fire Cooler.
    People not liking that it is during the day, cause there is no sunlight during the zombie apocalypse there not vampires.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I agree with your points, but the biggest thing people are complaining about is that Valve gave almost no support to L4D besides adding things that should have been there in the first place. And this complaint makes sense.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Monopolized

Well I will give you that the first one didn't ship with very much in my opinion the multiplayer was ok but got boring after a short while and there were only a hand full of scenario's for you to play.

Hopefully this one offers up more and I hope people can just be happy that the game is coming out.

((And A little off topic, Isn't the campaign starting in Georgia and ending in Mississippi?)

Soulless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Soulless

They said this one will offer 5 campaigns.   That's really not much more.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The point is that this could have been one of valves famous free updates, as they've been constantly doing with Team Fortress 2. It's totally out of character or them to release a full price game just a year after the previous release of that franchise. I suspect there is going to be more to this than we currently know, and it's going to be a huge game, extremely worthy of a full release, rather than an update. I'm not going to condemn it yet like some people are, but it is extremely out of character for valve. If it really is going to just be a few more campaigns, weird fire ammo and melee combat, then valve should have released these things gradually as free updates to L4D.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Monopolized

but you don't know how long each will be they could be 5 longer campaigns with minor checkpoints between the start and the saferoom, like a building you think you can hold down and find out you can't.

((I am waiting for someone to tell me Incendiary Ammo isn't realistic..))

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Vanek
    @MattyFTM said:
    " The point is that this could have been one of valves famous free updates "

That's what I was thinking, it doesn't make sense to me to put this out as a new game.  I would much rather have this be released as DLC than a full seperate game.  I'm not gonna hate on this though because really all I want is more L4D content however I can get it.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kush

The reason I would complain about L4D2 (and what I believe is the reason for many) is that L4D just came out this past November and there's already going to be a sequel...Where's HL2: Episode 3? or even a Portal 2? ...Those games are much older and I think people would rather see something new from either of those franchises before seeing a whole new sequel for Valve's last game. I am personally going crazy over the fact that we still haven't heard diddly-squat about HL2: Episode 3...The way Episode 2 ended...seriously, just give me EP3 already!

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Monopolized

Cod4: Release November 11th 2008
    Cod MW2: Release November 10th 2009.

you can release a game within a year of the first one being launched. I think the game will be good and hopefully look better then the 1st one cause the graphics were lacking. Though you can't complain when there are hundreds of zombies running at you.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @ConfusedSanity said:
    " Cod4: Release November 11th 2008Cod MW2: Release November 10th 2009.you can release a game within a year of the first one being launched. I think the game will be good and hopefully look better then the 1st one cause the graphics were lacking. Though you can't complain when there are hundreds of zombies running at you. "
    CoD 4 came out November 5th 2007. That's a 2 year gap. CoD WaW came in the middle, but that's a teyarch game, so it doesn't really count. And we expect yearly franchises from the likes of activision. We do not expect this from valve, it's really out of character.
    porridgelad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By porridgelad

If the tech in L4D2 is so different with a buffed AI director CQB weapons, (with more information coming this summer) it might just not be possible for valve to bolt it onto L4D, also with 5 new stories its a bunch of bundled DLC.If Valve release L4D2 with a good price point, with  lots of additions onto the game,a new unannounced game type, and if they announce continued support on this sequel now , this will defiantly be worth paying day 1 for. 

Although i can see how this does break Valves past ethos with its games, and not seeing Ep3 was a bummer

Tyrant1x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Tyrant1x

I prefer sequels coming out sooner rather than later (Crackdown 2) and this couldnt have been an update to L4D as it has proper melee weapons, new special infected, there will be more grenade weapons, zombies in haz-mat suits which are fire proof etcetc

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By atejas

The problem is that they seem to be adding a minimal amount of content(literally only ONE tangible gameplay feature)

Avatar image for heroicdrinkingsong
    HeroicDrinkingSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ConfusedSanity said:
    " but you don't know how long each will be they could be 5 longer campaigns with minor checkpoints between the start and the saferoom, like a building you think you can hold down and find out you can't.
    Word coming out of the  conference was that the campaigns are actually 4 chapters long instead of the current games five.  We'll see how that pans out.  It just seems odd to see Valve revolving door sequel their fans.  Especially when the original game (while a lot of fun) was kind of bare bones.  After all it wasn't that long ago that they finally patched in VS support for the other two maps.  The only thing that could redeem this for me is if this turns out to be part of another orange box type of compilation.  After all, we know portal 2 is coming and if the two games were packaged together, hopefully with Episode 3 (For the love of GOD!) the whole thing would be a lot more palatable.
    chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By chronicsmoke

Im very excited for number 2,just shocked its comin out so soon considering its valve were talkin about

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By banksrob

Well i am looking forward to it, dont you think some people ask for just too much. 5 chapters all playable in versus is and 20 more weapons or items, new multiplayer mode. And there still keeping alot of information back.

PLightstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PLightstar

I did read somewhere that Microsoft made the wrong annoncement and that L4D2 is for the 360 but will be an expansion for the PC or something like that.

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Metasin

The Turtle Rock team that does L4D has nothing to do with the Half-Life and Portal teams other than being under the Valve umbrella, so this isn't coming out 'instead' of anything. I am skeptical, I prefer the aesthetic of the first one, the TF2 characters and Dead Rising melee feel a little light-hearted in comparison. I'm giving Valve the benefit of the doubt though, I'm betting there  is a big component to this we've heard nothing about. Part of another Orange Box style bundle? Who knows.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Gizmo

The people that are looking forward to this obviously haven't seen the gameplay videos, the levels shown and character designs are like a really, really bad mod.

hide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hide

That and a lot of the overseas players will now have to pay another eighty freaking dollars (or more) for the game when initally we hoped the first one was just going to get some good update support for a couple of years. Not even the first game was worth the $40 USD tag.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ConfusedSanity said:
    ((I am waiting for someone to tell me Incendiary Ammo isn't realistic..)) "
    It isn't realistic, but it's a zombie game. It's like saying having a chainsaw on a gun is unrealistic against the Locust.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pweidman

I totally thought the trailer was for DR2 when it played.  It looks different from L4D, and in a bad way imo.  More arcade maybe.  But considering the short length, lack of story and generally low production values, the L4D series is prolly a huge cash cow and is being dev'd as such apparently.  Maybe this'll start looking better, but at first impression has lost it's edge from the first L4D so far.

It'll be interesting to see how it'll be received, and if Valve might look back in regret at not supporting L4D with DLC, which they could have sold oodles of anyway(yeah I mean big expansion type stuff they could get away with charging for).

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#23  Edited By EpicSteve

Anyone who bitches about daytime is just wrong, it's not a big deal.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Osaladin

My largest disappointment with this announcement is that they just, and I mean just, came out with the first DLC for L4D on the 360. Why couldn't this have been an expansion or something?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25  Edited By natetodamax

I agree with what Jeff said during the Day 00 video. He said that he'd rather have the team working on a bigger product that can come out in two years rather than 4 (Half Life 2: Episode 3)

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MC_Izawa

Thankfully I got L4D on a half price weekend.  That's still $25 that I only got a few months out of...
    And the problem I have with incendiary ammo is not the realism (see, this is a game where you fight ZOMBIES) but the fact that it's easy enough to kill everything.  There are so many gas cans and Molotovs all over the place that you can set half the zombies on fire, and you can kill Tanks in seconds on most levels.  Do we really need more fire?

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Player1
    @ConfusedSanity: Expect only one more campaign then the first game. So its not like they are exactly packing this game up with new features. Just same old same old for another 50$
    Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gruff182

People would complain about more L4D?

I personally would have been happy if they stuck to the same characters and added new maps. I also would have been happy to pay for the additional content. With the AI alone, it takes alot more effort to make than a simple map pack. So i understand why it wouldn't be free.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Player1 said:
    " @ConfusedSanity: Expect only one more campaign then the first game. So its not like they are exactly packing this game up with new features. Just same old same old for another 50$ "
    Don't start making so many assumptions. We have no idea how much it will cost, and they've already said there are a lot more added features then just more campaign. But who knows, I could blow cock hard.
    joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joshs
    @Player1:  5 campaigns..with 4 maps each. So it's the same number of maps. 
    Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Monopolized
    @Gorillawhat said:
    "
    @ConfusedSanity said:
    ((I am waiting for someone to tell me Incendiary Ammo isn't realistic..)) "
    It isn't realistic, but it's a zombie game. It's like saying having a chainsaw on a gun is unrealistic against the Locust.
    "There are such things as incendiary rounds, you want realism I always wanted to start off in a location and be completely safe behind a red door.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ParanoidFreak
    @JoshS said:
    " @Player1:  5 campaigns..with 4 maps each. So it's the same number of maps.  "
    I think they should have put time into more maps for the second game, the first game lacked variety.
    Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Maru

My main complaint is the new characters,  they look goofy as hell.

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JDDrewes

This should be a $20 DLC. Seriously, I've seen mods on counter-strike better than this.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By luce

someone convinced me that this was fake..so idk

i don't hate L4D2 but it doesn't look any better than the first

Cutebrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cutebrute

I belive I read it on IGN, but Valve is considering putting all of the original L4D campaigns into the game for added value and so people wouldn't need to swap out discs between the two. That means there probably won't be much difference the two games, but 9 campaigns with mp, survival, and a new game mode isn't a massive rip. (Execpt to those who bought L4D full price last November)

And I was about to buy L4D this weekend too; good thing I didn't though...

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @Cutebrute said:
    "

I belive I read it on IGN, but Valve is considering putting all of the original L4D campaigns into the game for added value and so people wouldn't need to swap out discs between the two. That means there probably won't be much difference the two games, but 9 campaigns with mp, survival, and a new game mode isn't a massive rip. (Execpt to those who bought L4D full price last November)

And I was about to buy L4D this weekend too; good thing I didn't though...

"
    i dont even consider left 4 dead 2 a rip and i bought it full price right when it came out 
    Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Roomrunner

After hearing about how many new things are in L4D 2, I've come around and can't wait for it now.  I will pay full price for this game.

I just played Dead Air vs today, and the map is so glitched out, it is just beyond repair.  Valve is watching what people do online - Shiva stacking, abusing corners, Smoker insta kills, spamming melee.  I can go on and on.  They need to build a game from the ground up in order to address these problems properly.   
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @Roomrunner said:
    " After hearing about how many new things are in L4D 2, I've come around and can't wait for it now.  I will pay full price for this game.

I just played Dead Air vs today, and the map is so glitched out, it is just beyond repair.  Valve is watching what people do online - Shiva stacking, abusing corners, Smoker insta kills, spamming melee.  I can go on and on.  They need to build a game from the ground up in order to address these problems properly.   
    "
    what the hell is shiva stacking?????
    harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By harrisonave

You know what?  There are a lot of people bitching about the new L4D, but I bet over half of them will buy the damn game anyway.  It wouldn't be the Internet without people complaining about something.  That's just the way it is. 

This soup is too hot, this soup is too cold, blah blah blah...

I paid sixty-four dollars for the last Left 4 Dead, and I don't regret it one bit.  I'll be damn glad to do it again, for the second one.  I'm also pretty sure they mentioned the fact that they would still support the first one.  I think they were tossing around the idea of putting the campaigns from the first game into this new one as well, but it's just a thought right now.  I hope they do include the first four campaigns, because it'd be a pain in the butt to have to swap discs to play the ol' maps every time.  Either way, I'm fine with it.  Why should I complain when someone is giving me more of a good thing?

The updates and changes they're making seem decent enough to justify me paying full price at retail, again.

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Roomrunner
    @ZombieHunter said: 
    "
    @Roomrunner said: 
    " After hearing about how many new things are in L4D 2, I've come around and can't wait for it now.  I will pay full price for this game.

"
    what the hell is shiva stacking?????
     "
    It's a nickname for when multiple survivors crowd into a corner and just hold down the melee button, instead of playing the game the fun way.  Since they clip into each other instead of doing damage, the resulting image is reminiscent to that of a Hindu multi armed god.
    billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By billcosby2004

The problem is that L4D was built for DLC longevity and we're not getting it.  At all.  Now there's a sequel a year after the original?  From Valve?!?   We're still hanging off a major cliffhanger from HL2:E2, and we get a sequel to L4D already?  It's just kind of confusing.

I don't think anyone doubts the game will be fun, just not really necessary yet. 

Cutebrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cutebrute
    ^This
    McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By McPaper

I cant say I am pretty happy with Valve's descision. I expected a lot more from Left 4 Dead one as the most recent update felt like it completed the game with adding the final 2 campaigns to the versus game. The only real update was a light house survival map, the rest of the survival maps were just copy and paste jobs.

I did expect much more from valve from the way they pitched it.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I don't want L4D2 already, give me god damn EPISODE 3!!!!! If they can pump this one out so quick why can't they get people working on half life...

Sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sarcasm

I believe L4D2 will be a full price retail box. That said, consider this: might the popularity of Left 4 Dead on 360 have necessitated another full retail release? Microsoft has historically put the kibosh on free DLC. Also, the hard drive requirements of more than doubling the content of the original L4D would also be significant, no doubt. On PC, Valve (as in the case of TF2 (as others have noted)) might have at one time wanted to release additional campaigns, only to sideline those plans in favor of another $60 neon green box. This is not to slag on the 360 or Valve or L4D2 (which is day-one material to be sure), only to point to another possible reason for the hasty rollout of the L4D sequel.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

I have no complaint with more L4D, its just that I paid full price for a game, that needed more content. This stuff could have been released as DLC.

@Osaladin said:
    " My largest disappointment with this announcement is that they just, and I mean just, came out with the first DLC for L4D on the 360. Why couldn't this have been an expansion or something? "
    I completely agree. I am also upset that they won't be adding to the original L4D...
    Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Roomrunner
    Dastan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dastan
    @atejas:

Not just one more gameplay feature, we have new Special Infected, very new and different crescendo events, maps that will change their layout based on how good you are doing and a new multiplayer mode that with don't know yet.

And that's not all, trust me.

And come on, what makes you think they won't charge half for those that already own Left 4 Dead? That would be a KILLER DEAL! Heck, even $30 would be a killer deal. Plus they said they will continue support for Left 4 Dead with a new major update coming out probably before the end of the summer.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.