Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Franchise »

The Left 4 Dead series follows the survivors of a zombie apocalypse, working together to get to safety.

How many references are there in the L4D-series?

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By HellBrendy

So, playing The Passing is my favourite past time these days. Uncharted 2 is now a big "meh" on my to-do list, and i won't start a new single player before I have completed it.  

One thing I have come to understand is that the L4D-series is heavy on the reference-side. While I'm uncertain about things in Left 4 Dead 1, I know the Zombie Genocidest achievement is a nod to Dead Rising, that has a similar achievement but falls short with 1 zombie (great idea Valve, this is my kind of humour). L4D2 on the other hand is rather heavy on the references, while I'm not sure how many there really is, i know for one thing - The Passing has 3 of them in one room. Plants vs Zombies (Crazy Dave) The end is extremely [fucking] nigh (28 days later, one of my favorite movies) and Dead Rising once again, this time by actually naming Frank West and the lack of a helicopter. 

Anyone else know of any other references?  

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By HellBrendy

So, playing The Passing is my favourite past time these days. Uncharted 2 is now a big "meh" on my to-do list, and i won't start a new single player before I have completed it.  

One thing I have come to understand is that the L4D-series is heavy on the reference-side. While I'm uncertain about things in Left 4 Dead 1, I know the Zombie Genocidest achievement is a nod to Dead Rising, that has a similar achievement but falls short with 1 zombie (great idea Valve, this is my kind of humour). L4D2 on the other hand is rather heavy on the references, while I'm not sure how many there really is, i know for one thing - The Passing has 3 of them in one room. Plants vs Zombies (Crazy Dave) The end is extremely [fucking] nigh (28 days later, one of my favorite movies) and Dead Rising once again, this time by actually naming Frank West and the lack of a helicopter. 

Anyone else know of any other references?  

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By TheMasterDS

Ed is the king of Zombies I think one of them goes, refers to Shaun of the Dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.