Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Dead Zombie Butt

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

The difficulty in obtaining the above image is testament to how large of a problem this really is.
       The difficulty in obtaining the above image is testament to how large of a problem this really is.

*This post was originally written here on January 5th, 2010.* 

Left 4 Dead is one of the greatest zombie games ever made. This isn't due to the awesome and addictive cooperative gameplay, but due to DEAD ZOMBIE BUTT. No Mercy - Chapter 4 is the best level out of the whole game for this simple reason.

It's silly to think that everybody will be fully-dressed when they become infected, so why don't more zombie-themed games feature dead zombie butt? Is it because developers are too scared to feature nudity in their games? If so, that shouldn't be an issue. The following is a scanned image of the ESRB rating for Left 4 Dead: 

Thanks for at least not putting a sticker over the ESRB rating, GameStop.

Notice anything missing? Exactly. Nowhere does it mention nudity, even though there are quite a few dead zombie butts in the game. Sure, showing a couple of buttcheeks is no longer a big deal nowadays. You see them all the time on TV, even in cartoons and such, but those shows don't get as graphic as Left 4 Dead. In Left 4 Dead, a slaughtered zombie can fall down and be positioned in all sorts of different ways, and on multiple occasions, I have killed the gown-wearing zombies in such a manner that they land with their ass up in the air Johnny Sasaki style, but this time, nothing is blurred out! 

Like this, only deader.
     Like this, only deader.

Valve has always been a pioneer in the gaming industry, and dead zombie butt is no different. Hopefully in the future, other game developers will wise up and realize how excluding zombie nudity is detrimental to their games. I'm sure Left 4 Dead wouldn't have sold nearly as well if it omitted such an important addition. Left 4 Dead 2 did so well because Valve ignored the controversy and continued to feature an abundance of zombie upskirt. The Spitters even wear pink thongs! Truly, they are a master of their craft, and I would love to see other developers take things further.     

Oddly arousing.
     Oddly arousing.
    ---- 

Who's with me?! Tell us how you would like to see zombie nudity used in future games. Can you imagine how much more intense a situation would be if you had to deal with a bunch of zombie schlong? You would probably try a lot harder not to be incapacitated, at least!
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*This post was originally written here on January 5th, 2010.* 

Left 4 Dead is one of the greatest zombie games ever made. This isn't due to the awesome and addictive cooperative gameplay, but due to DEAD ZOMBIE BUTT. No Mercy - Chapter 4 is the best level out of the whole game for this simple reason.

It's silly to think that everybody will be fully-dressed when they become infected, so why don't more zombie-themed games feature dead zombie butt? Is it because developers are too scared to feature nudity in their games? If so, that shouldn't be an issue. The following is a scanned image of the ESRB rating for Left 4 Dead: 

Notice anything missing? Exactly. Nowhere does it mention nudity, even though there are quite a few dead zombie butts in the game. Sure, showing a couple of buttcheeks is no longer a big deal nowadays. You see them all the time on TV, even in cartoons and such, but those shows don't get as graphic as Left 4 Dead. In Left 4 Dead, a slaughtered zombie can fall down and be positioned in all sorts of different ways, and on multiple occasions, I have killed the gown-wearing zombies in such a manner that they land with their ass up in the air Johnny Sasaki style, but this time, nothing is blurred out! 

Like this, only deader.
     Like this, only deader.

Valve has always been a pioneer in the gaming industry, and dead zombie butt is no different. Hopefully in the future, other game developers will wise up and realize how excluding zombie nudity is detrimental to their games. I'm sure Left 4 Dead wouldn't have sold nearly as well if it omitted such an important addition. Left 4 Dead 2 did so well because Valve ignored the controversy and continued to feature an abundance of zombie upskirt. The Spitters even wear pink thongs! Truly, they are a master of their craft, and I would love to see other developers take things further.     

Oddly arousing.
     Oddly arousing.
    ---- 

Who's with me?! Tell us how you would like to see zombie nudity used in future games. Can you imagine how much more intense a situation would be if you had to deal with a bunch of zombie schlong? You would probably try a lot harder not to be incapacitated, at least!
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

It's hardly novelty since on Silent Hill 2, you could see Pyramid Head releasing steam with one moniker, and then killing her. Supposedly sex isn't offensive if it's a monster or a zombie doing it.  

Silent Hill 2 is seriously disturbing.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By thatfrood

I don't think the people playing left 4 dead are concerned about nudity.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

Hot

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Haha. I thoroughly enjoyed the Johnny Sasaki joke. : )

It's true though. I'd love to see some zombies who have become infected just coming out of the shower, and running at you, tits and balls flailing in every direction. And I'd definitely love chainsawing some nuts off.

Didn't Killing Floor have zombie nudity in it?

Guess Valve will have to remember this for Left 4 Dead 3.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sjupp

Thats like.. semi-necrophilia.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Whisperkill

oh god that is horrid

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CornontheCobbe: Indeed they will. I haven't played Killing Floor, but good for them if they did! 

@ThatFrood: They do, but just not for the Infected. Poor Zoey :( 

@Jeust: That sounds cool! I have always been interested in the Silent Hill games, but have been too scared to play through them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.