Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

This is why I love the PC version of some games.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emilio
    No Caption Provided

Look at all those zombies! I could have spawn more, but my computer was about to explode. Also. GTA IV is wonderful on PC with a gamepad. I just recently got one of those light up ones since it was around 15$ less than the official 360 wired one.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rubberluffy

I played on a 12 person server (co-op) for L4D2 and that shit is a ridiculous, hilarious clusterfuck.  And it is pretty funny tweaking spawn size/rates and just watching my computer try to contain the mayhem.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Emilio

@rubberluffy:

I have yet to try some crazy co op like that. Might be fun on Expert.

Here is another picture I took before hl2.exe crashed.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Welcome home.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By McShank

@Emilio: If you have a ps3, just download DS3 Tool and hook up the usb cable to your comp. Never have to buy a pc only controller :D

And L4D on a console sounds horrible. The way that game is to be played is not befitting a controller >.< but GTA4 does look better on pc by far. One of the only games i bought twice :D

nickb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By nickb64

My favorite thing about L4D on PC is custom maps/campaigns. Loved Dead Before Dawn, the Dawn of the Dead campaign.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

I've played on modded servers with stuff like that, it's fantastic!!

And I just noticed that membership gifting thing next to some non member names, thats kinda awesome, unfortunately i'm too poor to try it out, oh well... wait, was this supposed to be a secret, oh god, i'm sorry, THERE IS NO SECRET!... oh man... i blew it.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Emilio

@McShank:

I tried that PS3 bluetooth thing when I borrowed a friend's Sixaxis. I also tried my Wiimote and Classic Controller through bluetooth. Personally I enjoy the wired 360 controller, so I went and got one of those see through light up ones since it was cheaper.

L4D on consoles was pretty good times when it was new. I've bought that and GTA IV both on 360 and PC.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By dtat

@Emilio: What are you using to do that? can you pull down the console in the game?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By McShank

@Emilio said:

@McShank:

I tried that PS3 bluetooth thing when I borrowed a friend's Sixaxis. I also tried my Wiimote and Classic Controller through bluetooth. Personally I enjoy the wired 360 controller, so I went and got one of those see through light up ones since it was cheaper.

L4D on consoles was pretty good times when it was new. I've bought that and GTA IV both on 360 and PC.

why would you ever use bluetooth for the pc >.< Those things are so shitty half the time unless you buy an expensive one. I meant to just use the long USB cable that came with the ps3 controller and plug that in. makes the controller wired then :D Saved me like 30-40$ on buying a 360 pc controller that I would use very rarely since i dont have a 360.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SlasherMan

@McShank said:

@Emilio said:

@McShank:

why would you ever use bluetooth for the pc >.< Those things are so shitty half the time unless you buy an expensive one. I meant to just use the long USB cable that came with the ps3 controller and plug that in. makes the controller wired then :D Saved me like 30-40$ on buying a 360 pc controller that I would use very rarely since i dont have a 360.

I have a $5 no-name generic BT adapter that worked just fine with MotionInJoy. I can now enjoy a wireless Dualshock 3 on PC easily.

It did have one side effect I wasn't a fan of. Every time I do plug in my DS3 gamepad into my PC, it pairs itself automatically with the BT on it, even if the adapter is not plugged. That essentially forces me to connect it by cable to the PS3 just to pair it with that again if I'm switching between machines. Minor annoyance, but that's about it.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By spazmaster666

@McShank said:

I meant to just use the long USB cable that came with the ps3 controller and plug that in. makes the controller wired then :D Saved me like 30-40$ on buying a 360 pc controller that I would use very rarely since i dont have a 360.

That only makes sense if he already owns a PS3 but not a 360 as a wired 360 controller is half the cost of a DS3.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Ravenlight

@rubberluffy said:

I played on a 12 person server (co-op) for L4D2 and that shit is a ridiculous, hilarious clusterfuck. And it is pretty funny tweaking spawn size/rates and just watching my computer try to contain the mayhem.

I've only played 8-player co-op campaign. Even with eight, it's a hurricane of friendly fire and ridiculous shenanigans.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Emilio

@Dtat said:

@Emilio: What are you using to do that? can you pull down the console in the game?

For the Left 4 Dead pics? Yeah, use the tilde key to bring up the console when I'm in a single player game. Console should be in the control options to turn it on., I believe.

I then enter >> sv_cheats 1

Then I enter >> kick bill; wait; kick zoey; wait; kick francis; (If I was playing as Louis)

Then I use noclip and zoomed to the location I wanted.

Then I enter "z_spawn; wait;" and I copy and paste that in one line, so I was spawning at least 20 zombies for every entry.

You can also do other stuff like z_spawn tank, or kick tank, and stuff like "give rifle" for weapons.

Here is a link with more info.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Contro

Yea, well it's a Valve game on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.