Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Zombie Action News Episode #2: Crash Course and Zombie Apocalypse

SUPERGHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By SUPERGHOST

The Zombie Action News Team was hard at work this past week playing and exploring the latest  in Zombie relating gaming.  Highlights include hard to get Left 4 Dead achievements, Zombie Apocalypse play time, and more on Resident Evil 5:

Crash-proof

Survive the Crash Course Campaign.

Gamerscore = 15 Acquired 29/9/2009

Crash Course in Achievements: So as I reported last time I picked up the Left 4 Dead expansion, Crash Course, and completed it straight away and unfortunately on my own as most of my friends have either rid themselves of the game or did not bother to buy.  Now I can’t blame them entirely as L4D2 is just around the corner, but on the same token L4D is here now and sporting some new content.  So since I picked up Crash Course I have played through it five times already.  Weighing in at about a 30 minute playthrough at normal skill level is is just quick and dirty fun!  Since Crash Course is a unique campaign it has afforded me an opportunity to secure some of those ‘Hard to get’ L4D achievements.  Here are a list of what I have earned thus far excluding the one already featured at the top of the story:

• Quick Power - Restart the generator within 30 seconds of it shutting off in the Crash Course campaign. – 30 GS
    • Red Mist - Kill 1000 Infected with a mounted machine gun. – 20 GS
    • Tank Stumble - Stun a Tank with an explosion in the Crash Course campaign. – 20 GS
    • Cr0wnd - Kill a Witch with a single headshot. – 30 GS
    • Witch Hunter - Kill a Witch without any Survivor taking damage from her. – 20 GS
    • Do Not Disturb - Sneak past all Witches in a campaign without disturbing one. – 20 GS
    • Stomach Upset - All Survivors complete a campaign without being vomited on. – 20 GS

Not bad for a couple of hours work.  I have been enjoying my solo L4D experience, but would welcome some company as well.  I think I am going to attempt to secure the The Littlest Genocide achievement (Kill 5,359 Infected in the Crash Course campaign) before I am through.

A Week To Live
    Complete 7 days in any game mode without dying

Gamerscore = 25 Acquired 10/10/2009

The Zombie Apocalypse: I decided this past week to pick up this game.  I was slowed by some bad information provided by one of my friends (and if you are reading this than you know who you are).  Anyway in short the game is a zombie-themed twin-stick shooter that borrows heavily from L4D.  Now borrowing from L4D is certainly not a bad thing, perhaps just not the most imaginative thing.  While I enjoyed this game I did not find it to be the greatest twin-stick shooter available.  In fact I would recommend this game only to people who have to have every twin-stick shooter, or for those who are looking for a quick-fix zombie shooter on the Arcade.  In fact, for quick shooting, you are probably better served by Crash Course.  Regardless, I will put some more time into it, hoping to perhaps hook up with a friend and play online.

That is all from the ZAN team for this week.  Next time I hope to blow up the next great Zombie game, Left 4 Dead 2.  Until next time, keep one eye open for those nasty undead!

SUPERGHOST's Haunted House of Xbox

SUPERGHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SUPERGHOST

The Zombie Action News Team was hard at work this past week playing and exploring the latest  in Zombie relating gaming.  Highlights include hard to get Left 4 Dead achievements, Zombie Apocalypse play time, and more on Resident Evil 5:

Crash-proof

Survive the Crash Course Campaign.

Gamerscore = 15 Acquired 29/9/2009

Crash Course in Achievements: So as I reported last time I picked up the Left 4 Dead expansion, Crash Course, and completed it straight away and unfortunately on my own as most of my friends have either rid themselves of the game or did not bother to buy.  Now I can’t blame them entirely as L4D2 is just around the corner, but on the same token L4D is here now and sporting some new content.  So since I picked up Crash Course I have played through it five times already.  Weighing in at about a 30 minute playthrough at normal skill level is is just quick and dirty fun!  Since Crash Course is a unique campaign it has afforded me an opportunity to secure some of those ‘Hard to get’ L4D achievements.  Here are a list of what I have earned thus far excluding the one already featured at the top of the story:

• Quick Power - Restart the generator within 30 seconds of it shutting off in the Crash Course campaign. – 30 GS
    • Red Mist - Kill 1000 Infected with a mounted machine gun. – 20 GS
    • Tank Stumble - Stun a Tank with an explosion in the Crash Course campaign. – 20 GS
    • Cr0wnd - Kill a Witch with a single headshot. – 30 GS
    • Witch Hunter - Kill a Witch without any Survivor taking damage from her. – 20 GS
    • Do Not Disturb - Sneak past all Witches in a campaign without disturbing one. – 20 GS
    • Stomach Upset - All Survivors complete a campaign without being vomited on. – 20 GS

Not bad for a couple of hours work.  I have been enjoying my solo L4D experience, but would welcome some company as well.  I think I am going to attempt to secure the The Littlest Genocide achievement (Kill 5,359 Infected in the Crash Course campaign) before I am through.

A Week To Live
    Complete 7 days in any game mode without dying

Gamerscore = 25 Acquired 10/10/2009

The Zombie Apocalypse: I decided this past week to pick up this game.  I was slowed by some bad information provided by one of my friends (and if you are reading this than you know who you are).  Anyway in short the game is a zombie-themed twin-stick shooter that borrows heavily from L4D.  Now borrowing from L4D is certainly not a bad thing, perhaps just not the most imaginative thing.  While I enjoyed this game I did not find it to be the greatest twin-stick shooter available.  In fact I would recommend this game only to people who have to have every twin-stick shooter, or for those who are looking for a quick-fix zombie shooter on the Arcade.  In fact, for quick shooting, you are probably better served by Crash Course.  Regardless, I will put some more time into it, hoping to perhaps hook up with a friend and play online.

That is all from the ZAN team for this week.  Next time I hope to blow up the next great Zombie game, Left 4 Dead 2.  Until next time, keep one eye open for those nasty undead!

SUPERGHOST's Haunted House of Xbox

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.