Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Legend of Grimrock 2

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Oct 15, 2014

The sequel to Legend of Grimrock expands from a single dungeon to an entire island.

Quicklook?

Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The only reason I knew about the first one was because of this site, but the way things are going I don't think there's going to be any coverage. It's a shame because this one is better than the first in every way except for the fact that pure fist characters don't exist anymore.

But if youve stumbled upon this thread and like the first one you should get it because there is so much more content in this one it's amazing. This will probably be my GOTY and it makes me sad that hardly anyone will play it

Sherlock22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was also hoping for a quicklook. I only started playing legend of grimrock 1 because the release of 2 reminded me I had it and so far its really really fun at 12 hours in. Looking at the same brown and grey walls is probably the only real complaint I have with it, but 2 seems to fix that.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It came out 3 days ago. They're 2 small teams (now). There's enough people on staff crazy enough to play an esoteric homage to Wizardry games (seems like something Vinny'd do). It'll at least be on a UPF or something.

If not, there's tons of footage on Youtube. They have to make calls on what to cover.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to like the first one so much because I grew up on these kind of games, but it never really grabbed me at all. Maybe I'll give two a shot.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Bug Vinny on Twitter. Maybe he'll do it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Vinny seems like the only one who would get into this game. Or Alex, randomly. I don't have high hopes for GB West touching it, though if Brad could do that Shadowgate Quick Look, he could probably do a Grimrock 2 Quick Look. I just doubt it because he doesn't have as much nostalgia for Grimrock/the games Grimrock is based on.

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: The first one had definite issues, exacerbated as you got further down the dungeon. Hope this game fixes those problems.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

I wanna see Vinny/Rorie/Dave?? play through the whole thing.

MajorToms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By MajorToms

I honestly don't feel like they need to do a quick look for this game. They did a quick look for the last game, and while I thoroughly enjoyed this game more than the last one, I don't see what they could do/say to make it interesting. Mainly because I feel like the two games are very similar. The added features in 2 really just fleshes out the original concept of the first game in a more well rounded way. Really, if people weren't interested after the first quick-look there isn't anything really game changing here to interest new players.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@beachthunder said:

I've rarely found Endurance Runs/Let's Plays of games with a significant puzzle solving component to be that entertaining. Or at least, there's the constant risk that they get stuck somewhere and there's just an episode of 35 minutes of them wandering around not realizing what to do. Unless the story is absolutely phenomenal and the hosts reacting to said story redeem the stream.

Stuff like Grimrock or Shadowgate are good experiences by yourself and you feel like you accomplished something when you figure out a tricky obstacle, but I don't think they share very well.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@beachthunder said:

I've rarely found Endurance Runs/Let's Plays of games with a significant puzzle solving component to be that entertaining. Or at least, there's the constant risk that they get stuck somewhere and there's just an episode of 35 minutes of them wandering around not realizing what to do. Unless the story is absolutely phenomenal and the hosts reacting to said story redeem the stream.

Stuff like Grimrock or Shadowgate are good experiences by yourself and you feel like you accomplished something when you figure out a tricky obstacle, but I don't think they share very well.

One thing about the puzzles is that there is usually a dozen or so different puzzles you could be solving at any moment, so you can move on to something else and come back later. Also, there is almost zero story in this game...

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@beachthunder said:

I never actually beat the first Grimrock - I eventually gave up on it. Not entirely my kind of thing. But if we do a quicklook (has been tough with only three people in the office), I'd be happy to sit in. Maybe we'll play it on UPF sometime.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

it's on the schedule now, 3pm tomorrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.