Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Legend of Grimrock

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 11, 2012

Legend of Grimrock is a modern take on the first-person dungeon crawler genre. Similar to Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder, players progress through the game by descending further into the dungeon whilst solving puzzles and slaying enemies.

Anyone care to share their party builds?

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Silver-Streak

I'm enjoying Grimlock immensely so far.

My initial party build is as follows:

Unarmed Human Fighter, with Fist Fighter and Athletic traits

Axe Wielding Minotaur Fighter, With Skilled and Athletic Traits

Assassin Rogue, with Skilled and Aggressive traits, with all points into assassin so I can reach 12 points and stick her in the back row.

Jack of All Spells Insectoid Mage, with Strong Mind and Skilled traits.

I am surprised at how strong Unarmed can get, while I'm betting it won't be top end damage, it is consistent.

Anyone else have any builds they care to share?

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By yoshimitz707

Random all the way!

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Patman99

I did the default party. Human Fighter, and Minotaur Fighter in the front each armed with sword and mace respectively. They also have a shield in their off-hand. In the back, I have a Human rogue, which seems extremely useless, and a human mage. I equipped the rogue with a spear and throwing weapon but I am hoping to get a bow, crossbow, or sling soon. I also hope to get the assassination skill up in my rogue so she can attack from the back without a spear. The mage has a staff, and a torch. Once I get the basic mechanics down, I will restart with a custom party. Probably going to go two minotaur fighters in the front with two insectoid mages in the back. Hopefully that works out well...

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Fearbeard

I'm only an hour in, and I think my highest level is 3 but here is what I have so far

Human Fighter, focused on swords and armor so far.

Minotaur Fighter focused on axes

Lizardman Rogue originally put points into missile weapons, but I haven't found one yet so I put points into Throwing

Insectoid Mage with some points in Fire and Earth right now since those were the first two spells I found

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Driadon

Can't wait till I get some better items, but as of an hour in I have:

A Minotaur Fighter focused on being tough as nails

Insectoid Fighter focused in swords

Human Mage which I effed up by only putting 2 points into Earth Magics and 2 in Spellcraft. Waiting for her to reach level 2 really badly.

Lizardman Rogue who's focued in Missile but can't find any missile so he's throwing stones like a boss.

potatomash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By potatomash3r

About 4 hours in.

In the front:

Human fighter - focus on swords and athletics with some armor points just for the light armor penalty to go away.

Minotaur fighter - focus on maces and armor (my tanker)

In the back:

Human rogue - focus on missile at first but couldn't find a bow, found a sling but no ammo. So I put points in throw which has been working out great.

Insectoid wizard - focus on ice, earth and spellcraft. In the first two levels he was totally useless, but later on the AOE spells are amazing.

The game has been awesome so far. I'm already thinking about my next party combination for a second playthrough.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ares42

I started with a minotaur mace fighter, lizard evasion dagger rogue, human bow rogue and human fire/earth mage, but after clearing level 3 and learning some stuff I went back to change my party.

I now play minotaur sword fighter, lizard sword evasion fighter, lizard thrown rogue and insect ice mage. It's sorta unfortunate that certain specs are incredibly more powerful than others.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

I just cleared level 3 and I'm rolling with four human fighters. One using heavy armor and swords, one with super-high evasion, one unarmed brawler, and one with an assload of HP.

I've been wrecking everything so far except for spiders. I hate spiders. The only other thing that's given me trouble is the skele-squad but that mob is handily dealt with by kiting and squaredancing.

Incidentally, has anyone opened that gold lock right at the end of level 3? I was pretty thorough but I never ended up with the key for that.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HarlechQuinn

About one hour in, all chars are currently level 2.

Front row:

Minotaur Fighter - Armor and Maces

Human Fighter - Armor and Swords

Back row:

Lizardman Rogue: Missile Weapons (although didn't found any so far, so Throwing as a back up plan) and Daggers

Insectoid Mage: Fire, Earth and Spellcraft

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karkarov

Human Warrior - going mainly swords, going to be fairly balanced between armor and evasion skills. Took Aggressive and Evasive as his traits.

Minotaur Warrior - Axes axes and more axes. Going to make him the pure brute, all strength and vitality. Went with healthy and head hunter as his traits. It is just wrong to not take head hunter...

Human Rogue - heavy in assassination so I can duel wield daggers o death from the back. Took skilled and the one that gives +2 dex ;p. Right now they use a spear.

Insectoid Mage - Primarily fire and ice. He also likes to throw rocks at people. I believe I gave him the aura and skilled traits.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dezztroy
    @Ravenlight said:

I just cleared level 3 and I'm rolling with four human fighters. One using heavy armor and swords, one with super-high evasion, one unarmed brawler, and one with an assload of HP.

I've been wrecking everything so far except for spiders. I hate spiders. The only other thing that's given me trouble is the skele-squad but that mob is handily dealt with by kiting and squaredancing.

Incidentally, has anyone opened that gold lock right at the end of level 3? I was pretty thorough but I never ended up with the key for that.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By phampire

I just finished the game with a lizard rogue using unarmed and a minotaur using swords and heavy armour. In the back row I have two mages one human using fire and one insectoid ice with the first earth spell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.