Requesting Screenshots for Review

Avatar image for mikelemmer
#1 Posted by MikeLemmer (1486 posts) -

I'm writing a review for Legends of Grimrock. However, it's awkward taking screenshots in the GOG version of it. Is anyone willing to take some screenshots on various floors of the game for it?

Avatar image for karkarov
#2 Posted by Karkarov (3385 posts) -

@MikeLemmer: Uh what? Can't you just press "print screen" then copy paste it into a image editor? You can always use the official screenshots on their site too. If you are REALLY desperate send me a pm later and I can get some for you while I do my let's play captures.

Avatar image for demoskinos
#3 Posted by Demoskinos (17363 posts) -

If you want access to tons of materials and you work/blog for a site go sign up at http://gamespress.com/ they will give you access to all sorts of official resources such as screen shots and even PR contacts for companies. I do believe however you need to work/blog for a website to be able to sign up.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
#4 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (825 posts) -

Doesn't FRAPS have screenshot capabilities?

Avatar image for magusmaleficus
#5 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1202 posts) -

You'll have to use something like FRAPS to take screenshots. Print screen results in a blank black screen.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

@Karkarov said:

@MikeLemmer: Uh what? Can't you just press "print screen" then copy paste it into a image editor?

Or let Steam capture screenshots for you? Or read the manual to see if there's a shortcut for just this thing?

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
#7 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (825 posts) -

You also don't need to own a copy on Steam. You could always add it as a shortcut to launch through steam. Should be able to take screencaps that way.

Avatar image for mikelemmer
#8 Posted by MikeLemmer (1486 posts) -

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:

You also don't need to own a copy on Steam. You could always add it as a shortcut to launch through steam. Should be able to take screencaps that way.

Good idea, I'll try that out.

@Video_Game_King said:

@Karkarov said:

@MikeLemmer: Uh what? Can't you just press "print screen" then copy paste it into a image editor?

Or let Steam capture screenshots for you? Or read the manual to see if there's a shortcut for just this thing?

I bought it off GOG, not Steam. And I read the manual; didn't see any Screenshot Capture key in it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

@MikeLemmer:

Some GOG games will work with Steam, in that regard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.