Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jun 19, 2012

Sequel to 2008's LEGO Batman, Batman and Robin are forced to work together alongside the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to help stop the combined tyranny of Lex Luthor and The Joker.

My Game Of Show for E3

dabobsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By dabobsta

Sorry that I have not posted anything at all since my introduction blog. I have been a bit busy with end of school year stuff. So this years E3 lineup was an interesting mix of a few cool new IPs and a bunch of Uncharted clones. My favorite game this year was Lego Batman 2.

What made the original Lego Batman appealing to me was how a majority of the characters felt different to play as compared to the other Lego series (e.g. Star Wars, Pirates, Harry Potter) along with the ability to play as the villain though a similar campaign. In the sequel all of the features from the original return with some massive improvements.

No Caption Provided

First, the addition of the Justice League was a clever way of shaking up the story and adding a bunch of fresh faces to a story that could have been a dull retread of the first game. The conflict between Batman and Superman seems genuine even though the game's story and dialogue is created for a much younger audience. Also the addition of characters such as Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman give the game some needed variation in play style with their unique abilities giving you different options when you face groups of baddies.

Expanding the universe of Lego Gotham from 2.5D to a fully traversible 3D Map was ingenious. With several character having the ability to fly the world is easy to traverse and access many of the different levels. Now, while I like this new world it does come off as a bit of a knock off of Arkham City, but that is OK since Arkham City was one of my favorite games of the past year.

So while people might discount this game as just another kid-oriented beat 'em up this game was one of the most exciting things to come out of this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo and I hope many of you will pick this game up when it is released on June 19.

dabobsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By dabobsta

Sorry that I have not posted anything at all since my introduction blog. I have been a bit busy with end of school year stuff. So this years E3 lineup was an interesting mix of a few cool new IPs and a bunch of Uncharted clones. My favorite game this year was Lego Batman 2.

What made the original Lego Batman appealing to me was how a majority of the characters felt different to play as compared to the other Lego series (e.g. Star Wars, Pirates, Harry Potter) along with the ability to play as the villain though a similar campaign. In the sequel all of the features from the original return with some massive improvements.

No Caption Provided

First, the addition of the Justice League was a clever way of shaking up the story and adding a bunch of fresh faces to a story that could have been a dull retread of the first game. The conflict between Batman and Superman seems genuine even though the game's story and dialogue is created for a much younger audience. Also the addition of characters such as Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman give the game some needed variation in play style with their unique abilities giving you different options when you face groups of baddies.

Expanding the universe of Lego Gotham from 2.5D to a fully traversible 3D Map was ingenious. With several character having the ability to fly the world is easy to traverse and access many of the different levels. Now, while I like this new world it does come off as a bit of a knock off of Arkham City, but that is OK since Arkham City was one of my favorite games of the past year.

So while people might discount this game as just another kid-oriented beat 'em up this game was one of the most exciting things to come out of this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo and I hope many of you will pick this game up when it is released on June 19.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TentPole

I think the game looks pretty cool, but not as cool as that sweet youtube vid.

dabobsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dabobsta

Thanks!

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By buft

@IndeedCodyBrown said:

Your video is goofy as hell. Reading off screen makes you look insane and the cadence is really stilted. Keep working on it, one day you'll get it.

i was just thinking that... look at me, LOOK AT ME!

dabobsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dabobsta

Thanks for the tip I appreciate it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.