LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy is a third-person sci-fi fantasy action-adventure game developed by TT Games and published by LucasArts for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, PC, and Mac on September 11-12, 2006. It also received two handheld versions by Amaze, one for the Nintendo DS and one for the Game Boy Advance.
The sequel to LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game, The Original Trilogy chronicles the events of the original three films of the Star Wars series (from the boarding of Tantive IV to the siege of the second Death Star).
New features added to the series include the ability to build and ride vehicles in the on-foot segments and the ability to customize characters for use in Free Play mode (allowing players to mix-and-match minifigure components from all unlocked characters).
An enhanced version of the game, combined with LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game, was released in 2007 as LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga.
A vast majority of the objects and settings are made out of the traditional Lego Bricks. One of the game’s unique features is its funny vision of the Star Wars franchise. All of the characters are silent protagonists; as the cut-scenes present no dialogue. Traveller’s Tales also included a new “Adaptive Difficulty” which shifts accordingly to the player’s skill, making the game a bit more difficult than previous versions. Also characters whose main weapon is a blaster received new moves; they can use melee attacks, automatically aim, dive and doge incoming enemy fire due to the decrease in Sith and Jedi characters. Players are also allowed to create their own custom characters. Creating custom characters was a new feature that was added by Traveller's Tales for this game. You can customize them to have a gun, a lightsaber...and if you choose a lightsaber...you can choose the colors red, green, blue, and purple.
You also have to collect these things called gold bricks which you can obtain by buying them and getting them by completing special tasks. After you collect those gold bricks you can unlock the Infinite Stud Fountain When you get 66 of them you unlock the get 1,000,000 studs sub game.
Episode IV: A New Hope
- Secret Plans - Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, Rebel Friend, R2-D2, C-3PO
- Through the Jundland Wastes - Luke Skywalker (Tatooine), Ben Kenobi, R2-D2, C-3PO
- Mos Eisley Spaceport - Luke Skywalker (Tatooine), Ben Kenobi, R2-D2, C-3PO, Han Solo, Chewbacca
- Rescue the Princess - Han Solo (Stormtrooper), Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper), R2-D2, C-3PO, Ben Kenobi, Chewbacca
- Death Star Escape - Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, R2-D2, C-3PO
- Rebel Attack (vehicule segment) - X-Wing, Y-Wing
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Hoth Battle (vehicle segment) - Snowspeeder
- Escape from Echo Base - Han Solo (Hoth), Princess Leia (Hoth), C-3PO, Chewbacca
- Falcon Flight (vehicle segment) - Millennium Falcon
- Dagobah - Luke Skywalker (Pilot), R2-D2, Luke Skywalker (Dagobah), Yoda
- Cloud City Trap - Luke Skywalker (Bespin), R2-D2
- Betrayal over Bespin - Lando Calrissian, Princess Leia (Bespin), Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Jabba's Palace - Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker (Jedi), R2-D2, C-3PO, Han Solo (Skiff)
- The Great Pit of Carkoon - Lando (Palace Guard), Luke Skywalker (Jedi), Chewbacca, Han Solo (Skiff)
- Speeder Showdown - Princess Leia (Endor), Luke Skywalker (Endor)
- The Battle of Endor - Han Solo (Endor), Princess Leia (Endor), Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO, Wicket
- Jedi Destiny - Luke Skywalker (Jedi), Darth Vader
- Into the Death Star (vehicle segment) - Millennium Falcon
Obtained Through Campaign
- Princess Leia
- Captain Antilles
- Rebel Friend
- Luke Skywalker (Tatooine)
- Ben Kenobi
- Han Solo
- Han Solo (Stormtrooper)
- Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper)
- Han Solo (Hoth)
- Princess Leia (Hoth)
- Luke Skywalker (Pilot)
- Luke Skywalker (Dagobah)
- Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
- Lando Calrissian
- Princess Leia (Bespin)
- Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
- Princess Leia (Boushh)
- Lando (Palace Guard)
- Han Solo (Skiff)
- Princess Leia (Slave)
- Princess Leia (Endor)
- Luke Skywalker (Endor)
- Han Solo (Endor)
- Darth Vader
Unlockable (Old Save)
Some versions of the game have an "Use Old Save" extra, allowing players to use save files from the previous game to add additional characters unlocked from that save file:
Xbox 360 Game Installation
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy requires 2.0GB of space to install on a Xbox 360 HDD.